Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Focus point colour after focus acquired

I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to change the colour of the focus point for the K1. I have a problem seeing the focus point as it is simply a small black square and even when the camera has acquired focus, it remains black. Most cameras in my experience when focus is acquired, will change the colour of the focus point to green or another colour. I'm finding it difficult to see the focus point in situations where the area in focus is dark. This is especially problematic if one has the camera set to a central single focus point, which is my preferred focus setting.

Cheers
Mike

09-22-2020, 05:07 AM - 4 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mjkelly62 Quote
I wonder if anyone knows if it is possible to change the colour of the focus point for the K1. I have a problem seeing the focus point as it is simply a small black square and even when the camera has acquired focus, it remains black. Most cameras in my experience when focus is acquired, will change the colour of the focus point to green or another colour. I'm finding it difficult to see the focus point in situations where the area in focus is dark. This is especially problematic if one has the camera set to a central single focus point, which is my preferred focus setting.

Cheers
Mike
Custom setting page 2 ...item 9

Change the setting to Auto or on.

The focus points used will illuminate red as will the horizontal/vertical guides if you have them displayed.
09-22-2020, 10:05 AM   #3
ne!
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I sometimes press the AF Mode button on the side of the camera to momentarily light up the focus point(s) in red.
09-23-2020, 06:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great information here. I've never liked the fact that they use RED to indicate focus is achieved, but I seem to recall that sometimes I see a GREEN indicator that Focus is achieved.

Or maybe I'm mixing my cameras up...

Regards,
Rodney

09-23-2020, 07:24 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

sometimes I see a GREEN indicator that Focus is achieved.

That is the green hexagram at the bottom of the view finder.
10-04-2020, 12:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Custom setting page 2 ...item 9

Change the setting to Auto or on.

The focus points used will illuminate red as will the horizontal/vertical guides if you have them displayed.
Thanks for the help. It now shows up as a little red square when it has acquired focus. It only flashes briefly, mind, and I think it would be helpful if it remained as a continuous red square if I continue to have the shutter half-pressed. It does on my Panasonic Lumix camera, for example.