Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 38 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
ROTFL! Happened last evening at the grocery store. Wife's hot friend from work 16 years ago is so...

rollie-pollie now. Cute, but certainly not the way I remembered her.
You're supposed to be thinking about how cute your wife is now, not how cute her co-worker was 16 years ago!

(Note to forums: we will no doubt soon receive notification of gatorguy's horrific and untimely death and his wife's exculpation on grounds of temporary insanity.)

Simon, don't over think it. Just look through the viewfinder and step forward or back/zoom in/out as required and applicable. That's what SLR cameras were invented for, and it's why they edged out rangefinders and other such mirrorless cameras in the film era.

05-05-2021, 08:29 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I love the full frame for wide angle and the APS-C for telephoto shots. Other than that not really any adjustments, I got to say. Put away my APS-c for while after getting the full frame, but happily use them now next to each other.
05-06-2021, 05:55 PM   #63

The mental aspects of switching from APS-C to FF shouldn't be too daunting. Compose your shots as normal, and take the shot. Depending on how many lenses you have that will work with a FF camera, you might need to zoom in/out with your feet, but that isn't usually much of an issue. I would be more concerned about the increased weight of a FF camera and lens setup, but only if the OP intends to use large/heavy lenses with it, and has any neck issues.

I retired quite a while ago due to health related matters, and had difficulty carrying a heavy camera/lens package because my neck hurt. I had a really good Mamiya 645 camera and lens package, but the weight got to be too much. I sold my Mamiya 645 equipment, and would likely have purchased a FF camera at that time, but other circumstances interfered. Now, I have a Pentax K-50 with much lighter lenses and I am pretty happy with that, but intend to buy a new K-3 iii camera body in a year or so. The improved ISO performance of new camera is substantially better in the past, which reduces the need for a full frame camera/sensor and its usually bigger pixel size.

I am not sure if my take on things helps. The bottom line is from a compositional viewpoint, the switch should be easy.
05-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SO, after these replies, responses, comments, what is your current status? Are you still anxious or wondering about the "mental adjusting" of going from film FF to digital crop frame? Or has it all been cleared up and the adjusting completed? Just wondering.