Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 120 Likes Search this Thread
12-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
MP.Likely,but Ricoh used the latest crop sensor for the new K3,so perhaps/maybe the 61mp from the A7R4(?).

All highly probable by 2022 is my guess.[COLOR="Silver"]
This is true that they went with latest with aps-c. What is sure, is that they seem to go for maximum now. Wonder how would that 61 work . They will have to update their processor for new 645 too, so perhaps what is in K-3 mk3 is AF system and accelerator mk 2. And they make something special for higher sensosize in mind.

12-31-2020, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I don't know how many people would purchase this, but I'd like to see a divergence of the full frame line, and Ricoh makes something like the Nikon Df as a "lower end" FF body for people who want more traditional controls and a smaller camera. I'd be fine with a few less megapixels of sensor resolution, or keep it at 36, my hope is improved high-ISO image quality.

I don't think this will ever happen.
12-31-2020, 12:06 PM   #18

Original Poster
Sorry for writing that much, but i had the feeling this forum is drying out a bit, when it comes to thoughts about new products
and all the talk,
is about the products we already know about will come or that are already there.

See the discussion about the wheels ...
yes you like them on the products that are already there, but :

I really feel they are easy to hit when you drop your cam.
I WOULD be ok with the wheels -- no question, but not in that form.

1st i really sense this as a cheap move to attract fuji-hipsters...
2nd and most important and prominent problem:
its the weak old wheel design from ages ago.

I could think of wheels like the one on the MZ-S(or the vapor K-1 digital version of the analog MZ-S)
thats just around the display...
especially, when the shoulder of the new camera would be slightly tilted just like on the 645z.
Which (!if done right!) could offer way more safety to the integrity of the camera.

I dont want people to actually only brawl about if this or that feature is "yay" or "nay"... when you can not do anything about it anymore,
since those products are already on the market or are made public with their final design...

And when I am thinking about better wheels or no wheels at all, I dont want to talk bad about products that are already there.
and if yay or nay...
I just want to see if there are open minds, for other solutions...
and other designs like the 645Zish... or generally new design(ever thought about it? something totally new, that could look totally oldschool)
I remember back in the days I found a fan mock-up of a DIGITAL SPOTMATIC.
Man did that thing look attractive and I really think this would have also been a way or would still be a way to go.
and keep that nostalgia touch in our cameras.

And despite that I personally would say, the functionality of those wheels is REDUNDANT
and all the settings can easily be made with the touch of 2-3buttons,
but :
One has to admit its good and very practical to have a way to make those settings more easily when you are outside and wearing gloves.
For that reason, photogs used to only wear plumbers gloves in winter for ages, i guess.
But if those wheels would not protrude out of the body so dangerously, you guys at Ricoh would make me a happy man, that is.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
12-31-2020, 01:30 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beetee Quote
So you drop your 'cam' a lot then?

12-31-2020, 02:19 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Curiosity brought me here .... K-8 ???

---------- Post added 12-31-20 at 04:23 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by beetee Quote
Sorry for writing that much, but i had the feeling this forum is drying out a bit, when it comes to thoughts about new products
and all the talk,
is about the products we already know about will come or that are already there.

See the discussion about the wheels ...
yes you like them on the products that are already there, but :

I WOULD be ok with the wheels -- no question, but not in that form.

1st i really sense this as a cheap move to attract fuji-hipsters...
2nd and most important and prominent problem:
its the weak old wheel design from ages ago.

I could think of wheels like the one on the MZ-S(or the vapor K-1 digital version of the analog MZ-S)
thats just around the display...
especially, when the shoulder of the new camera would be slightly tilted just like on the 645z.
Which (!if done right!) could offer way more safety to the integrity of the camera.

I dont want people to actually only brawl about if this or that feature is "yay" or "nay"... when you can not do anything about it anymore,
since those products are already on the market or are made public with their final design...

And when I am thinking about better wheels or no wheels at all, I dont want to talk bad about products that are already there.
and if yay or nay...
I just want to see if there are open minds, for other solutions...
and other designs like the 645Zish... or generally new design(ever thought about it? something totally new, that could look totally oldschool)
I remember back in the days I found a fan mock-up of a DIGITAL SPOTMATIC.
Man did that thing look attractive and I really think this would have also been a way or would still be a way to go.
and keep that nostalgia touch in our cameras.

And despite that I personally would say, the functionality of those wheels is REDUNDANT
and all the settings can easily be made with the touch of 2-3buttons,
but :
One has to admit its good and very practical to have a way to make those settings more easily when you are outside and wearing gloves.
For that reason, photogs used to only wear plumbers gloves in winter for ages, i guess.
But if those wheels would not protrude out of the body so dangerously, you guys at Ricoh would make me a happy man, that is.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have a hard time following your thoughts, beetee.
Your obviously don't like "wheels" on a camera, right?
Is that it?
12-31-2020, 04:13 PM - 4 Likes   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Simple!
  • Over 50Mpx
  • AF from K-33
  • All other cool stuff from K-33
  • Built-in flash
  • Built-in phone holder
  • Built-in cup holder
  • Clean HDMI out
  • More better video codecs
  • 8K 60p video
  • Support for new line of RF wireless flash and triggers
  • Lasers, both forward and rear facing
...and of course, K-cup support

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-31-2020 at 04:20 PM.
12-31-2020, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #22
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
It will if we rant...err...wish hard enough!

Steve

12-31-2020, 04:38 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yeah that's really worked for me so far, what with my already mentioned want of this exact camera, and then the prime lenses I would like to see from Pentax themselves.
12-31-2020, 11:58 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I've had my K1 since early 2017. I'm happy with it. At this point I don't think I would consider getting a new camera to replace the K1, unless the K1 went up and died on me. Then as long as the K1 had given me great service, say over a decade, I would probably get the full frame Pentax DSLR that would be current at that time.

The 36 something FF sensor and features of my K1 are great. I don't need 'more' camera than my K1.

I'm still pleased with my K5, bought new in Nov. 2011. Have no plans to replace it as long as it works well. I use it mostly with my 55-300 or Sigma 150-500 telephotos for wildlife pictures. On the K5ASP-C sensor the 500 mm is approx. a 750 mm....I don't need any more telephoto than this. The K5 makes excellent images.
01-01-2021, 12:00 AM   #25
Pentaxian

poster delete
01-01-2021, 01:41 AM - 3 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Simple!
  • Over 50Mpx
  • AF from K-33
  • All other cool stuff from K-33
  • Built-in flash
  • Built-in phone holder
  • Built-in cup holder
  • Clean HDMI out
  • More better video codecs
  • 8K 60p video
  • Support for new line of RF wireless flash and triggers
  • Lasers, both forward and rear facing
...and of course, K-cup support

Steve
If people would only wash their camera cases regularly there would be no need to clean the HDMI out. You forgot the flipping periscope: a tilting periscope is just not good enough for a 20s camera so it has to flip 720 degrees. Plus I spend a lot of time shooting macros in the wilderness and 4wd is a prerequisite, so another wheel please, Ricoh!!
01-01-2021, 01:46 AM   #27

Original Poster
I don't know how many people would purchase this, but I'd like to see a divergence of the full frame line, and Ricoh makes something like the Nikon Df as a "lower end" FF body for people who want more traditional controls and a smaller camera. I'd be fine with a few less megapixels of sensor resolution, or keep it at 36, my hope is improved high-ISO image quality.
Also gotta say: "pres589" has an important** Point here and I think that may be the most important question,

which could bring to an issue,
if Pentax again starts selling loads of units again,
like in the old times:

Will there be a SuperCheap and SuperSimple FF Spotmatic in a weather-sealed plastic body
with the usual according 2 reliable but cheap zoom lenses?

Dont you think especially THAT could be THE strategy?
Even more so, when you say you dont want to go MILC anyway?
(I dont read insider news .. I just look on the new models from time to time)

I feel pentax-products would profit from a more widespread discussion with new voices.

**(for all the pentaxians who wish for more 3rd party support and other photogs wearin the brand so we keep our club alive here)
01-01-2021, 03:18 AM - 4 Likes   #28
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The extra wheel on the top of the camera was a brilliant innovation. Most people who have actually used it on the K-1 love it. That's why it was continued in the KP.

And in case you haven't noticed, the K-3 Mark III, the design of which you purport to like, also has the third wheel. So I honestly don't understand the point you're trying to make.

As for making the K-1 look like a Fuji, that's one of the most ridiculous things I've read here for a while. And that's saying something.
01-01-2021, 03:39 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think the K-1 III will keep its current shape and ergonomics but add a joystick on the body and the grip, like the K-3 III has. Otherwise the big changes will be on the inside -- faster operation, skipping green button for manual focus lenses, 4K video, enabling fast SD Card usage etc. Basically sharing a lot of the processing ability with the K-3 III.

Hopefully they will have ironed out enough of the kinks that it will be in announced by the end of 2021.

(We can hope, can't we?)
01-01-2021, 07:37 AM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me. I have no need for more megapixels, higher ISO, larger buffer, faster frame rate, more AF points, better AF, flippy screen, quieter shutter, more or less wheels or any of the other things hyped to be required in a new camera. And despite my complaints I don't absolutely 'need' a GPS in the camera, though it certainly makes things easier for me.

What I really need is more time to make interesting images with the gear I already have.
I am 100% in agreement!