Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2021, 02:03 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
I found locally two ads. The first is 45.000 clicks K1 for around 800€ and the second is 13.000 clicks for around 1000€.
Have a look on Ebay,there are many K1 and MkII models for sale in Japan from reputable sellers.Quite a few for similar prices and most sellers have a rating system of condition.Free delivery worldwide.Only downside is a Japanese manual but who reads them anyway?

04-18-2021, 11:10 AM   #17
5ks

QuoteOriginally posted by dms Quote
There are two aspects to this.
1) the camera shutter has a mean number of actuations before failing--and it is far greater than you can use--with either camera. Of course some fail earlier, but see 2).
2) Problems in the manufacture of a unit tend to show up early.
Given these I think it is a wash, and possibly the greater number of actuations is better.**
Of course new is better, but only b/c there is a warranty.
Not the same, but I am certain w/ lenses a more/well used sample is better.

_____
** Certainly for the price difference I would take the less expensive one.
I bought my K-1 last year in about 30'000 clicks age, 800 euros. I too calculated, that most probably I will never get to shoot enough to reach the average amount of shutter actuations.promised by Pentax/Ricoh. The risk exists though, but I do not worry about it. Should I have had a choice then to pick e.g. a copy with 10'000 clicks at, say, 200 euros more - maybe that would have been my choice, or maybe not. I shoot normally 8000 - 10000 pics per year, so I believe in any case it will take more than 10 years to reach a stage of significantly higher risk of malfuncion. By then, I will most probably have already bought K-1 Mark III or so?
04-27-2021, 02:51 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5ks Quote
I bought my K-1 last year in about 30'000 clicks age, 800 euros. I too calculated, that most probably I will never get to shoot enough to reach the average amount of shutter actuations.promised by Pentax/Ricoh. The risk exists though, but I do not worry about it. Should I have had a choice then to pick e.g. a copy with 10'000 clicks at, say, 200 euros more - maybe that would have been my choice, or maybe not. I shoot normally 8000 - 10000 pics per year, so I believe in any case it will take more than 10 years to reach a stage of significantly higher risk of malfuncion. By then, I will most probably have already bought K-1 Mark III or so?
Most probably, yes
04-27-2021, 03:54 AM   #19

I did similar move moving from K-5 to K-1. I got mine from e-Bay with 6k clicks for 800 EUR and seller was from my country (Europe) and city, so it was too good to pass up. I also got rid of 20-40 and HD55-300 with my K-5, so I got back almost what K-1 cost me.
You won't regret it, although at first it feels substantially bigger, it's a much better camera than K-5. In a way you could say K-1 includes K-5, as you can also use your DA glasses with APS-C or square crop providing you the same resolution as K-5 but with better dynamic range.

04-27-2021, 10:46 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got mine with 5K clicks for $ 950. very happy with it.
04-27-2021, 11:10 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm contemplating selling one of my K1's..... not sure if seeing this thread is a sign....
05-03-2021, 05:41 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I'm contemplating selling one of my K1's..... not sure if seeing this thread is a sign....
Probably
05-05-2021, 02:27 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I thought I'd won the lottery when I scored my K-1 with about 2,500 clicks for approx half price. To be honest the asking price was good and I would have paid that, but the seller was considering offers and he accepted mine. It looked brand new.
Wow that sounds like a steal!! I recently got mine in UK, paid 600 which is good price, with around 20K clicks though.

I still mainly use my KP so K1 will be nice addition, can't wait to properly try it out. I was dying for FF Pentax for the longest time to use and abuse my Tamron 70-200 with

05-05-2021, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
Wow that sounds like a steal!! I recently got mine in UK, paid 600 which is good price, with around 20K clicks though.

I still mainly use my KP so K1 will be nice addition, can't wait to properly try it out. I was dying for FF Pentax for the longest time to use and abuse my Tamron 70-200 with
That's what I thought so I didn't hang around. You got a pretty good deal on yours too, and at 20k clicks it's only just run in.
05-05-2021, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian At Large
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think you'll find the K-1 to be a pleasant alternative to the KP. I look forward to seeing you pictures.