Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Just camera case alone

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Does there exist an old school type hard leather case that stays attached or even one of those more modern semi hard case where the k-1 sits inside for easy travel ? I see them for the D750 but it seems a bit small for the body.

02-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Digital D-Series - Soft Pouch for Cameras | OP/TECH USA

Another possibility. I have seen one in a camera store, but have not used one.
They appear well-made.
02-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use an OpTech neoprene case which works very well. It’s unfortunately not possible to keep it attached to the camera as with the old-style ever-ready case however. Looks like there’s an opportunity for some enterprising company there?
02-22-2021, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think these used to be called 'ever ready' cases in general.
However the cranky among us call these 'never ready' cases since they are always buttoned up tight when Elvis walks by.
I bought one like this amazon.com : MegaGear ?tag=pentaxforums-20&"Ever Ready" Protective Leather Camera Case, Bag for Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera (Light Brown) : Camera & Photo my kids call it my 'cowboy case'. It's meh.
I now prefer a neoprene stretch case like discussed above or one like NEW Pentax Shoulder Camera Bag Case | eBay that I can hang from my shoulder or tighten up the strap and wear like a belt/holster to embarrass the family.

02-22-2021, 02:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There are also some neoprene cases that are just for storage (like this one) I have a couple of these, but I don't use them very much. I think I only paid 3 or 4 dollars for them. They are useful to use if you want to just take a camera and lens somewhere without a bag, but have a little protection. You can actually have it on a camera with a sling that attaches to the tripod mount. Or useful to store a camera and lens in a cabinet and keep dust away. I'm not promoting that case in the link, it's just first one I found on ebay.
02-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I looked for one of these for a K5 a while ago, no luck. In the end I got the closest fitting holster case I could find, which was a lowepro. Not quite the style of the old ever ready cases but it did fulfill the small volume criteria.

Someone suggested the Domke wraps as well, which I tried but didn't like.
02-22-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. Exactly what I needed. Just something so I am not carrying a loose camera to horse riding and my sisters house.

02-22-2021, 08:26 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by condor27596 Quote
Does there exist an old school type hard leather case that stays attached or even one of those more modern semi hard case where the k-1 sits inside for easy travel ? I see them for the D750 but it seems a bit small for the body.
Look for ever ready cases.

New leather camera case bag cover for Pentax K-1 24-70mm lens 4 colors K1 strap | eBay
02-26-2021, 09:43 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by condor27596 Quote
Thanks. Exactly what I needed. Just something so I am not carrying a loose camera to horse riding and my sisters house.
I really recommend a sling-type strap for any action activities. It's much more secure. Whether with the neoprene cover or not - and that's honestly not a bad idea while riding, which can get fairly dusty or muddy.
05-05-2021, 01:49 AM - 1 Like   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This pink military camo is just what I need hahah