Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax K1 HDMI and video capture.

Good afternoon,

I would like to know if Pentax K1 has clean HDMI and so if it is able to work with a video capture card.

Recently I bought one which has an output video port but I can't see nothing than a black screen even with another HDMI device. I don't think my Pentax is faulty cause if I connect to my screen directly it works but it does not only when signal pass trough the capture card. At this point I guess my second hand capture card - Black Magic Intensity Pro 4k - is faulty.

03-31-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't believe it does- the HDMI output should be the same as what's shown on the rear LCD.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I don't believe it does- the HDMI output should be the same as what's shown on the rear LCD.
Somewhere I had read it was! And in this forum I discovered how the Pentax HDMI output video is reduced to 720p! Maybe something changed with new firmware.... I can't change the video source anyway while I still got black screen on video output which should work as monitor.
03-31-2021, 10:52 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

There's some more discussion on this topic here:
Hdmi out and crippled firmware - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There's some more discussion on this topic here:
Hdmi out and crippled firmware - PentaxForums.com
Ja I've read yet too late.. does not sound good!
03-31-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by corvaz Quote
I would like to know if Pentax K1 has clean HDMI and so if it is able to work with a video capture card.
Nope...the best it will do is output of the rear LCD monitor stream to HDMI at the same resolution and refresh rate as the rear LCD.

QuoteOriginally posted by corvaz Quote
Somewhere I had read it was!
Whoever wrote that is obviously not a Pentax owner

Sorry you found this out post purchase, though such does not preclude using a K-1 for video. It just can't be used with the same capability as video-centric cameras from other makers.

Steve