Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That lens looks familiar!

Hey, Turbo Bird, which of those lenses I sent to you is pictured here? This one looks partially dismantled.

12-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
Hey, Turbo Bird, which of those lenses I sent to you is pictured here? This one looks partially dismantled.
Both of them are ones I got from you. I cannibalized the one that's disassembled and put the front element in the one on the left, after cleaning out the autofocus gear drive. I didn't really know how to get the front element out and didn't want to disassemble everything from the back, so just gave it a twist and it came out, but that broke the tabs off that lock it into the focus mechanism. I ended up having to build up new tabs with JB weld and filing them to shape, and have it working for now. I don't know how durable it will be, but at least now I know how to fix it again if need be. I also cut and spliced the stretched rubber on the zoom ring, so it won't disappear like the other one had. I'll hopefully be able to give it a try this week sometime to make sure it focuses properly and all that. The filter threads are still messed up though, so I stuck a cheap eBay aluminum hood on it, which doesn't look to vignette at all, even at 24mm. I'll probably leave the hood on and not worry about using filters with this lens, it's kind of a pain to get anything to thread on straight. I was pretty bummed out when I realized what I'd done by twisting the front element, but I'm much more optimistic now.
Kristian

Last edited by turbo_bird; 12-12-2021 at 09:43 PM.
12-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Actually I did get my hands on an F35-70 but the glue was letting go on the internal elements. Managed to get another one but it was full of fungus! As I said slim pickings here!
If you want one, let me know! I have one I'm never using, and it's in near-perfect optical shape. Impressive results, but with a true macro and a 28-105, there's little reason to use it.
12-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
I wonder how the 35-105 compares to the 35-70 and 35-135 in their shared focal lengths? It would be interesting to see some sort of comparison between the three.
I’ve never used the 35-70 or 35-105… the 35-135 was a constant companion for a while. It was a bit challenged wide open that’s for sure. It may be why I like the 18-135 so much however. Lol.

12-13-2021, 12:39 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
If you want one, let me know! I have one I'm never using, and it's in near-perfect optical shape. Impressive results, but with a true macro and a 28-105, there's little reason to use it.
Thanks for the offer but, I also now have a macro and 28-105, but I was trying to get one a few years back.
12-14-2021, 04:09 AM   #36

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Not much is said about the F series AF lenses, but they seem to get very good "Forum" ratings. Has anybody tried any of these lenses with the K1 FF ?
In my collection there are 5 frames of the F series: F 24-50, F 35-70, f 35-105, f50 1.7 and F 70-210.
I'm happy with everyone, no complaints, I like the picture.