Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1

Pentax K-1 mark iii

Can anyone venture to guess when we might get a mark 3 version of the K1 and how many megapixels do you think it will have?
Cheers!

5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Not in our lifetime!
5 Days Ago - 4 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
Can anyone venture to guess when we might get a mark 3 version of the K1 and how many megapixels do you think it will have?
Cheers!
No idea. But I always ask this follow up question.... What does a 36MP FF camera like the K-1 II not have, that anyone would need ?

The MP race ended a number of years ago in my view. The game is now all about processing software....Super resolution et al.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
We probably donít need more megapixels but I do think we would need as many as the Nikon D850 if only to make us as competitive as Nikon.

5 Days Ago   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Not in our lifetime!
Perhaps a mirrorless version then? DSLR body with a hybrid OVF like Fujifilm on the X-PRO series cameras ?
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It will be released in 2022 or later*...
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
No idea. But I always ask this follow up question.... What does a 36MP FF camera like the K-1 II not have, that anyone would need ?

The MP race ended a number of years ago in my view. The game is now all about processing software....Super resolution et al.
Kind of my thoughts as well, but I don't have one. Judging by other comments, I think better autofocus, higher frame rate, larger buffer, and faster buffer clearing are tops of the list. Maybe higher dynamic range and ISO ability?

5 Days Ago   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cheers!
My Guess is 2025 and 61Mp.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 42mp sensor is the best of the Sony sensors in many ways but the 36 is very close. 33mp sensor is also excellent. The 61mp Iíve not had a lot of desire for but thatís a meaningful jump for sure.
4 Days Ago   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The 42mp sensor is the best of the Sony sensors in many ways but the 36 is very close. 33mp sensor is also excellent. The 61mp Iíve not had a lot of desire for but thatís a meaningful jump for sure.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Kind of my thoughts as well, but I don't have one. Judging by other comments, I think better autofocus, higher frame rate, larger buffer, and faster buffer clearing are tops of the list. Maybe higher dynamic range and ISO ability?
I agree. I would definitely have everything you mentioned improved rather than a bump in megapixels. Thanks

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
I hope a lot sooner than that 😜

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:47 PM ----------

I hope a lot sooner than that
4 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #11
Pentaxian

We probably donít need more megapixels but I do think we would need as many as the Nikon D850 if only to make us as competitive as Nikon.
Who is us? I do not think there is an "us". There is Ricoh (seller) and there is the photographer (buyer). And why competitive with Nikon (which announced cutting back on DSLR camera's)?

Perhaps a mirrorless version then? DSLR body with a hybrid OVF like Fujifilm on the X-PRO series cameras ?
From earlier threads in which the statement from the CEO (or other important Ricoh person) it is clear that Ricoh will not make such a camera, they pledged that they would make old fashioned DSLR's and nothing of that modern stuff. There has been a lot about it on this forum. And you are probably the umpteenth person to begin about a K-1 Mark III. I'd rather would have a KP-FF . Or a K10d Mark II (with an upgraded CCD). But I dare not to suggest this on this forum preventing me from becoming a laughing stock.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

I think they will go with that 61mp BSI but a bit sooner than 25,it may come early as 2023.
4 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #13

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Who is us? I do not think there is an "us". There is Ricoh (seller) and there is the photographer (buyer). And why competitive with Nikon (which announced cutting back on DSLR camera's)?

From earlier threads in which the statement from the CEO (or other important Ricoh person) it is clear that Ricoh will not make such a camera, they pledged that they would make old fashioned DSLR's and nothing of that modern stuff. There has been a lot about it on this forum. And you are probably the umpteenth person to begin about a K-1 Mark III. I'd rather would have a KP-FF . Or a K10d Mark II (with an upgraded CCD). But I dare not to suggest this on this forum preventing me from becoming a laughing stock.
KP FF sounds interesting- Something less cumbersome in weight
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #14

I expect an improvement in places where it's lagging behind the competition, such as video. I don't need video, and would personally be happy without it, but it appears that it's a necessity at that level. I don't need high continuous shooting speed either, but that's an obvious necessity for many others, so better buffering and clearing. I think at this point, bringing things like that up to snuff is more important than pushing the envelope on MPs and such.
4 Days Ago   #15
Pentaxian

KP FF sounds interesting- Something less cumbersome in weight
Dont hold your breath on that happening.

QuoteOriginally posted by lxdude Quote
I expect an improvement in places where it's lagging behind the competition, such as video.
Yes,itll be 4K and record for 5 minutes.

QuoteOriginally posted by lxdude Quote
I don't need video, and would personally be happy without it, but it appears that it's a necessity
Well,no.Hasselblad have just released a camera with no video.Reduced the price by half',so it only cost 8 thousandish.