Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1
New Member




Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 5
Pentax K-1 mark iii

Can anyone venture to guess when we might get a mark 3 version of the K1 and how many megapixels do you think it will have?
Cheers!

5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian
AfterPentax Mark II's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 995
Not in our lifetime!
5 Days Ago - 4 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,728
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
Can anyone venture to guess when we might get a mark 3 version of the K1 and how many megapixels do you think it will have?
Cheers!
No idea. But I always ask this follow up question.... What does a 36MP FF camera like the K-1 II not have, that anyone would need ?

The MP race ended a number of years ago in my view. The game is now all about processing software....Super resolution et al.
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #4
New Member




Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 5
Original Poster
We probably donít need more megapixels but I do think we would need as many as the Nikon D850 if only to make us as competitive as Nikon.

5 Days Ago   #5
New Member




Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Not in our lifetime!
Perhaps a mirrorless version then? DSLR body with a hybrid OVF like Fujifilm on the X-PRO series cameras ?
5 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian
Fogel70's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,716
It will be released in 2022 or later*...
5 Days Ago - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mooncatt's Avatar

Join Date: May 2020
Location: Wisconsin
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,031
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
No idea. But I always ask this follow up question.... What does a 36MP FF camera like the K-1 II not have, that anyone would need ?

The MP race ended a number of years ago in my view. The game is now all about processing software....Super resolution et al.
Kind of my thoughts as well, but I don't have one. Judging by other comments, I think better autofocus, higher frame rate, larger buffer, and faster buffer clearing are tops of the list. Maybe higher dynamic range and ISO ability?

5 Days Ago   #8
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 653
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
Can anyone venture to guess when we might get a mark 3 version of the K1 and how many megapixels do you think it will have?
Cheers!
My Guess is 2025 and 61Mp.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,365
The 42mp sensor is the best of the Sony sensors in many ways but the 36 is very close. 33mp sensor is also excellent. The 61mp Iíve not had a lot of desire for but thatís a meaningful jump for sure.
4 Days Ago   #10
New Member




Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The 42mp sensor is the best of the Sony sensors in many ways but the 36 is very close. 33mp sensor is also excellent. The 61mp Iíve not had a lot of desire for but thatís a meaningful jump for sure.
Thanks!

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooncatt Quote
Kind of my thoughts as well, but I don't have one. Judging by other comments, I think better autofocus, higher frame rate, larger buffer, and faster buffer clearing are tops of the list. Maybe higher dynamic range and ISO ability?
I agree. I would definitely have everything you mentioned improved rather than a bump in megapixels. Thanks

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
My Guess is 2025 and 61Mp.
I hope a lot sooner than that 😜

---------- Post added 09-22-22 at 02:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
My Guess is 2025 and 61Mp.
I hope a lot sooner than that
4 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #11
Pentaxian
AfterPentax Mark II's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 995
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
We probably donít need more megapixels but I do think we would need as many as the Nikon D850 if only to make us as competitive as Nikon.
Who is us? I do not think there is an "us". There is Ricoh (seller) and there is the photographer (buyer). And why competitive with Nikon (which announced cutting back on DSLR camera's)?

QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
Perhaps a mirrorless version then? DSLR body with a hybrid OVF like Fujifilm on the X-PRO series cameras ?
From earlier threads in which the statement from the CEO (or other important Ricoh person) it is clear that Ricoh will not make such a camera, they pledged that they would make old fashioned DSLR's and nothing of that modern stuff. There has been a lot about it on this forum. And you are probably the umpteenth person to begin about a K-1 Mark III. I'd rather would have a KP-FF . Or a K10d Mark II (with an upgraded CCD). But I dare not to suggest this on this forum preventing me from becoming a laughing stock.
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,944
QuoteOriginally posted by BROO Quote
My Guess is 2025 and 61Mp.
I think they will go with that 61mp BSI but a bit sooner than 25,it may come early as 2023.
4 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #13
New Member




Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 5
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
Who is us? I do not think there is an "us". There is Ricoh (seller) and there is the photographer (buyer). And why competitive with Nikon (which announced cutting back on DSLR camera's)?


From earlier threads in which the statement from the CEO (or other important Ricoh person) it is clear that Ricoh will not make such a camera, they pledged that they would make old fashioned DSLR's and nothing of that modern stuff. There has been a lot about it on this forum. And you are probably the umpteenth person to begin about a K-1 Mark III. I'd rather would have a KP-FF . Or a K10d Mark II (with an upgraded CCD). But I dare not to suggest this on this forum preventing me from becoming a laughing stock.
KP FF sounds interesting- Something less cumbersome in weight
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #14
New Member




Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 11
I expect an improvement in places where it's lagging behind the competition, such as video. I don't need video, and would personally be happy without it, but it appears that it's a necessity at that level. I don't need high continuous shooting speed either, but that's an obvious necessity for many others, so better buffering and clearing. I think at this point, bringing things like that up to snuff is more important than pushing the envelope on MPs and such.
4 Days Ago   #15
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,944
QuoteOriginally posted by Mtathos Quote
KP FF sounds interesting- Something less cumbersome in weight
Dont hold your breath on that happening.

QuoteOriginally posted by lxdude Quote
I expect an improvement in places where it's lagging behind the competition, such as video.
Yes,itll be 4K and record for 5 minutes.

QuoteOriginally posted by lxdude Quote
I don't need video, and would personally be happy without it, but it appears that it's a necessity
Well,no.Hasselblad have just released a camera with no video.Reduced the price by half',so it only cost 8 thousandish.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24x36mm, 36mp, buffer, camera, cameras, cost, full-frame, hope, lenses, lot, mark, mp, pentax, pentax k-1 mark, people, pm, post, press, race, release, ricoh, sensor, sensors, sony sensors, thanks, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Master your Pentax K-3 Mark III with the Pentax K-3 III eBook Adam Pentax K-3 III 0 09-10-2022 08:34 PM
Does the K1 Mark II still make sense to buy today? Is there an Mark III in the works? davidphoto Pentax Full Frame 134 07-31-2022 01:20 AM
K-70 upgrade - K-1 Mark II or K-3 mark III? Emirena Pentax DSLR Discussion 35 11-28-2021 09:40 PM
K3 mark III (not mark II !)& Sigma 50-500 (later version) - any experience or issues? jeallen01 Pentax K-3 III 7 08-14-2021 01:51 AM
K-3 Mark III and GR III topping one Japanese sales chart JPT Photographic Industry and Professionals 27 07-31-2021 07:22 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top