Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 43 Likes Search this Thread
04-01-2023, 04:22 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrB1 Quote
I don't do street photography so this is in the form of a question - if you must have a weather-resistant lens for your K-1, would the DA 20-40 used in Crop Mode (or perhaps even FF) be a viable possibility?

Philip
I don’t see why not, street photography is more about capturing a moment, telling a story, etc, rather than technical perfection or high resolution. Inclement weather only makes for better images, especially if people are involved.

04-01-2023, 10:12 PM - 2 Likes   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Casul Quote
Hey all,

Anyone else using the K1/mk II for street photography?

As I am about to buy either the K1 or the mk II, I wanted to check the impression of others.

As for lenses, I intend to by 28mm SMC 3.5 and perhaps some 35mm.. and 50mm.

Can I get any recommendations for the 35mm and 50mm? Manual focus is of course no problem.

For me, the K1 seems like crazy versatile camera and I definitely like the ruggedness of if.. taking street photos in the rain is a cool thing

(I have used the Nikonos V for moments like this)

Also, the WR sealing on lenses is not something implemented for the older lenses right?

Sorry, im soon to be a Pentaxian and of course I have questions.

Thx in advance,

---------- Post added 03-29-23 at 05:33 AM ----------

Oh.. sorry for the type-o..
"buy" and not "by".

did not see an edit option :/
Casul, Setting aside for a second your question is about the K-1 for street photography the GRIII and GRIIIx are much better suited for street photography.

Back to the K-1 I would skip the K-1 and get a K-1MKII. The Accelerator Unit in the MKII delivers a much better file. The color fidelity across the board maintains excellent hue and value from dark to light better still than the competition.

The A-series manual lenses work more seamlessly. The really good ones can be hard to find. The A-28mm ƒ2 is stellar. For a 50 the A-50mm ƒ1.4 has a lot going for it. The 8 aperture blades brings something extra to this lens. For fully manual lenses pre-A-series in the range you are looking the M-40mm ƒ2.8 performs great on the K-1 stopped down. I have been using this lens on the K-1 almost exclusively due to the small size. Just get a DA-40 lens hood for the M-40mm. Works like a charm.
04-02-2023, 04:04 PM   #33
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrB1 Quote
I don't do street photography so this is in the form of a question - if you must have a weather-resistant lens for your K-1, would the DA 20-40 used in Crop Mode (or perhaps even FF) be a viable possibility?

Philip
I find it works very well in the 24mm, 28mm, 31mm, 35mm areas in full frame - guess what are great street photography focal lengths?

20mm and 40mm ends have vignetting.
04-02-2023, 08:53 PM - 3 Likes   #34
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 and DFA28-105 on the streets of Montmartre, Paris

and with the FA 31/1.8 Limited

But the GR III rules the roost

04-04-2023, 12:33 AM   #35
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter