Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
10-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A full-page K-3 advert in the biggest photography magazine in Finland!
K-3īs advertised for 1130€-1190€ (body) depending on the distributor.

10-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #92
Veteran Member

So has anyone got any updated info from CRK on when pre-orders are due?

Black/Silver?
10-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Freak Quote
So has anyone got any updated info from CRK on when pre-orders are due?
Nope. But it seems to have hit the streets already, at least in Sydney.
10-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #94

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Nope. But it seems to have hit the streets already, at least in Sydney.
Wow, that means mine can't be too far away from Leederville Cameras in Perth! - I'm first in line

10-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE,

Just got this message from the Pentax snap facebook page:
Hey Bob, the very first K-3 will be landing towards late November and out to Pentaxians! The gang here at HQ Sydney are lucky enough to be testing the pre production K-3 right now.
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #96
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WA-surfer Quote
Wow, that means mine can't be too far away
Unless the guy in Newtown bought his K-3 grey and had it Fedexed in, or got it via a friend who just stepped off a plane from Japan or something. That's always a possibility.

On the positive side, a little extra delay may give Ricoh more time to sort out any production or quality control bugs that may emerge as worldwide deliveries commence before Australia gets its shipment.
10-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE,

Just got this message from the Pentax snap facebook page:
Hey Bob, the very first K-3 will be landing towards late November and out to Pentaxians! The gang here at HQ Sydney are lucky enough to be testing the pre production K-3 right now.
Aha. So maybe the guy in Newtown who posted that Twitter K-3 pic works for Pentax in Sydney. And it's a pre-production unit too.

Oh well. Patience.

10-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #98
Veteran Member

On the positive side, a little extra delay may give Ricoh more time to sort out any production or quality control bugs that may emerge as worldwide deliveries commence before Australia gets its shipment.
I think our K3 cameras might be feeling very lonely deep inside a container somewhere on the high seas.
10-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
I think our K3 cameras might be feeling very lonely deep inside a container somewhere on the high seas.
That's probably true. But you'd think Melbourne would be quicker to ship to from Cebu than New York or London. So maybe there is method in CRK's madness.
10-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #100
Veteran Member

ship to from Cebu than New York or London.
probably gone via New York and London
10-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is most likely a container ship leaving the Phillipines for the US far more often than one that heads to Oz. Wouldn't be a high volume route (if a direct route exists at all) and may well need to trans-ship via Singapore. The earthquake could have also easily mucked up Cebu transport logistics and shipping schedules for a few days, eg Pentax missed the boat, literally. Lots of possible reasons - which will give us plenty of opportunity for speculation and another few hundred posts.
10-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
opportunity for speculation and another few hundred posts.
Excellent points all round, but the additional posts is kind of playing the trump card.
10-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CR Kennedy are meant to be calling me about a bung Eye-Fi card that I'm claiming under warranty. When they call, I'll see if I can get any info out of them re K-3 deliveries.

Lucky for me, the only images on the card that hadn't been downloaded were a handful of test shots in the garden. I'd just downloaded several hundred keeper images a few hours earlier that had been taken over three days. I would have been spewing if they'd been lost - there was 800km of car travel involved to get them. The Eye-Fi card looks completely stuffed - I suspect the File Allocation Table section of the memory has given up the ghost (on a four month old card). When it doesn't freeze the file manager app, it shows up as unallocated space. Nothing will reformat it, SD card recovery programs can't even read the card adequately to do a low level file retrieve. Oddly, the K-x will show me the images in replay mode, but if I plug the camera into the computer via USB, I think the camera then switches to acting like a USB card reader and the card is back to unreadable by the computer OS, so accessing the images that way is also a dead end. Mortal of the story - I'll be setting up my future K-3's dual slots to duplicate captured files over both cards.
10-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #104
Veteran Member

Can't wait to get mine. I bought a K5 II a couple of months ago on the cheap, so by the time the K3 is at the same price level I'll be placing the order with trembling fingers.
Counting down now...1 year, 11 months, 27 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes, 11 seconds...........

Regards
10-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
I would have been spewing if they'd been lost - there was 800km of car travel involved to get them
I can see someone putting the K3 dual card feature to excellent use.