Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ctein addressed a lot of these issues early last year after the D800 was announced. Anxiety about 36 megapixels bunched up a lot of shorts. Myth no. 4 is particularly relevant here.

M

10-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Oh I don't doubt the resolving capabilities. But it was my understanding, and I think I'm wrong, that KAF2 allowed metering without stopping down.
Well I guess it's a "crippled" KAF2, the most recent iteration, for digital bodies and DA lenses.
LENS MOUNT
Type/construction:
PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless steel mount
Usable lenses: PENTAX KAF3, KAF2, KAF and KA (K mount, 35mm screwmount, 645/67 med format lenses usable with adapter and/or restrictions)

Last edited by monochrome; 10-09-2013 at 06:29 PM.
05-03-2017, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #18

I shot with a Sony a7r for a while using the m versions of 28mm f3.5, 50mm f1.7 and a takamur 135mm f2.5.

That's a rediculous 36mp and the lenses did a sterling job!

I'm waiting on my k3ii to be delivered tomorrow and I'll be shocked, no, amazed if the lenses come up short.
05-03-2017, 10:17 PM   #19
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Way to resurrect an ancient debate n00b.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Glad you chose to join in the discussions.

Cheers,
Racer

05-06-2017, 12:00 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rayhf1485 Quote
One of Pentax's strength has been the ability to use a wide range of excellent lenses from the film era, but I just can't help wondering whether those days might be over with the arrival of the K3 and the 24Mp sensor. As sensor technology advances, the demand for better optical quality becomes more pressing and it might be that the older M and K lenses may not cut it with the arrival of this new camera. Ray
I don't think the K-3 sensor can yet match the resolution of some of the 35mm films. So for the time being, a decent M or K mount lens will still be decent on the K-3. And of course, cheap (different from inexpensive) lens from the film days will still seem cheap on the K-3.

With that in mind, I'd like to point out a bit of history. Today people pixel peep to see how sharp a lens renders an image. When I started photography, lenses that were smoothly soft sold for a premium. Photography magazines had multiple articles on how to artificially soften lenses that were too sharp for glamorous portraits.