Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #18016
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pishta Quote
Tell them you shoot Nikon...---and---Pentax when they see your shooting their wedding. You could even tell them its your back up to your Nikon that just died. Would you get gigs shooting Leica? Just dont break out the pink and green K-r.
I think you need to paint the lens bright orange or yellow. Then it would compliment the pink and green camera body.

07-03-2015, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #18017
Veteran Member

Naaah, turquoise blue! Gotta stay with rgb cos wee is togroughers!
07-03-2015, 06:07 PM - 1 Like   #18018
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Wouldn't 'American' be a dialect of English?
More of a patois then a dialect.

Steve
07-03-2015, 06:07 PM   #18019
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tell them you shoot Nikon...---and---Pentax when they see your shooting their wedding. You could even tell them its your back up to your Nikon that just died. Would you get gigs shooting Leica? Just dont break out the pink and green K-r.
That's actually kind of cool. It looks like Spumoni ice cream... :P

As to water and cats, my boy will stick his head in the shower when I am in there and he doesn't care if he gets wet, but try to give him an actual bath and you have got your hands full because for a cat that's only medium sized and fairly light boned he's STRONG and he doesn't want anything to do with a full body bath. My girl is not a water loving cat at all. The only way she likes her water outside a bowl is from the tap in the bathroom, as in that's her personal drinking fountain. My one roomie though she had a Maine Coon and he would take showers with her and he loved every minute of it. In fact if you shut him out, and I always did because the last thing I want in my shower with me is 18lbs worth of noisy, heavily furred wet Maine Coon cat, he'd sit at the bathroom door and whine because he wanted to go in the shower...

Last edited by magkelly; 07-03-2015 at 06:14 PM.
07-03-2015, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #18020
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I always just tell them I am in the thrall of the hociR and they leave me alone.

Steve
07-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #18021

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
That's actually kind of cool. It looks like Spumoni ice cream... :P

As to water and cats, my boy will stick his head in the shower when I am in there and he doesn't care if he gets wet, but try to give him an actual bath and you have got your hands full because for a cat that's only medium sized and fairly light boned he's STRONG and he doesn't want anything to do with a full body bath. My girl is not a water loving cat at all. The only way she likes her water outside a bowl is from the tap in the bathroom, as in that's her personal drinking fountain. My one roomie though she had a Maine Coon and he would take showers with her and he loved every minute of it. In fact if you shut him out, and I always did because the last thing I want in my shower with me is 18lbs worth of noisy, heavily furred wet Maine Coon cat, he'd sit at the bathroom door and whine because he wanted to go in the shower...
I have a fluffy black and white cat whose fur ges the wrong way. It is much loved by my grandchildren. It is however not waterproof but it is very cuddly and does not moult. I got it in Guerrnsey many years ago to replace my even more loved 2nd (3rd?) hand "big bad" wolf, which was tragically chucked out when I was only four. The big people in my house thought it was too threadbare and distinctly unhygenic (what do adults know!). I got a new wolf (from Wales) for my birthday. It is nearly, but not quite, the same thing even though it also nice and fluffy and its fur even goes the right way.
07-04-2015, 01:50 PM   #18022
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I received this in an email today. It seems relevant here.

90% Of People Can't Pronounce This Whole Poem. You Have To Try It.

If you can pronounce correctly every word in this poem, you will be speaking English better than 90% of the native English speakers in the world.
Is it required to read it with a Brittish accent? Like 'gair-rahge' instead of the southern 'gah-rahhhge'?

---------- Post added 07-04-15 at 03:52 PM ----------

And what the heck is a Terpsichore?

07-04-2015, 01:59 PM   #18023
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

No, it has to be pronounced with a NE Seaboard accent. (Similar to British, but the letter R is NEVER pronounced unless it is not there. e.g. idear [eye-dee'-er]. Anybody remember the cartoon Dora the Explorer? If you're from New England, that rhymes.
07-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #18024
Pentaxian

No, it has to be pronounced with a NE Seaboard accent. (Similar to British, but the letter R is NEVER pronounced unless it is not there. e.g. idear [eye-dee'-er]. Anybody remember the cartoon Dora the Explorer? If you're from New England, that rhymes.
Like to park a 'cah' in there? Lol

---------- Post added 07-04-15 at 04:15 PM ----------

Terp⋅sich⋅o⋅re /,tɜrp'sɪkə(,/
noun
(Greek mythology) the Muse of the dance and of choral song 🔗.......ugh no wonder I never heard of this word. Not many mythological Greek muses, dancing or choral singing going on around here. Maybe the Cotten Eye Joe etc...
07-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #18025
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
More of a patois then a dialect.
It could be argued that it's a fork truer to 17th Century English than what's spoken at Oxford and Cambridge currently.

IIRC, many of the original settlers came from the middle counties of England - as did William Shakespeare.

So Jason Robards was probably delivering lines more accurately than Sir ian McKellen. :-P
07-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #18026
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
Like to park a 'cah' in there? Lol
Not quite. That would be: "Pahk the cah in theyah."
(I can poke fun because we Upper Midwesterners don't have any speech eccentricities, dontchaknow. )

Last edited by Parallax; 07-04-2015 at 03:25 PM.
07-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #18027
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not quite. That would be: "Pahk the cah in theyah."
(I can poke fun because we Upper Midwesterners don't have any speech eccentricities, dontchaknow. )
Is it not "Pahk the cah in Hahvahd yahd" ?
I have immunity because I am married to a New-England`er
She has not disapproved the idea of getting a new camera, just not the live 3K...

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 07-04-2015 at 03:43 PM.
07-04-2015, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #18028
Pentaxian

Now yall gettin all fancy on me, I'll just have to pahrrrk my Jeep in tha carport, or tha driveway with no cover at all, lol.
07-04-2015, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #18029
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I`m not buying the K3 cause the spare-ribs are almost done cooking... Happy 4th to yall...
07-04-2015, 04:11 PM - 2 Likes   #18030
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, same to yous guys, too.