Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
01-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #3766
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
When lutefisk is the other option I will gladly eat Walleye every day of the week.
The best option is Rainbow or Cutthroat trout caught in the Shields River north of Livingston. Yum!

01-24-2014, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #3767
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Trolling trolling trolling, trolling trolling trolling, Walleye-WALLEYE! Sung to the Rawhide theme.
01-24-2014, 04:10 PM   #3768
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Trolling trolling trolling, trolling trolling trolling, Walleye-WALLEYE! Sung to the Rawhide theme.
That song is played on every radio station in Minnesota during the first week in May.

But catching walleyes will not let me buy a K3.
01-24-2014, 04:16 PM - 1 Like   #3769
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
The best option is Rainbow or Cutthroat trout caught in the Shields River north of Livingston. Yum!
Char. Fried in bacon fat, smothered in cheese sauce.

01-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #3770
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
When lutefisk is the other option I will gladly eat Walleye every day of the week.
I remember eating lipeäkalaa (lutefisk), as one of the Christmas side-dishes in Finland, when I was a kid.
It was not that bad. Just a mildly tangy and flaky white fish that benefited from nice white sauce to round it off.
01-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #3771
Pentaxian

Oh man, Walleyes, there's some over there in the frozen lake, but it's 30 below... I can't stand it.
01-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #3772
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Oh man, Walleyes, there's some over there in the frozen lake, but it's 30 below... I can't stand it.
I love the cold........ hate the wind.....

01-24-2014, 05:05 PM   #3773
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I remember eating lipeäkalaa (lutefisk), as one of the Christmas side-dishes in Finland, when I was a kid.
It was not that bad. Just a mildly tangy and flaky white fish that benefited from nice white sauce to round it off.
Lutefisk is dried cod. Norwegians spread it on racks to dry, after treating it with lye. Before preparing, one must soak them fish in fresh water. Then it is boiled until a lousy excuse for fresh cod is presented. Never liked the stuff, myself. It was a traditional Christmas dinner in my childhood. I prefer fresh cod. But I am an old fart with no respect for Norwegian traditions.
A K3 is possible now that lutefisk season is finished. But do not tell Oscar, my granddad. He flies the Norwegian flag, next to Grandmother's Finnish flag.
Too many things, too little time. My camera is fine, but I lust for a K3.
01-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #3774
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Any fish caught on moving water with a barbless hook dressed with natural materials to imitate a naturally-occurring insect. Preferably if the 'fly' is hand-tied by the fisher during the non-fishing months. Using a rod made of natural material. Etc.

Smoked.

(but I spend the money on cameras and lenses now).
01-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #3775
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Any fish caught on moving water with a barbless hook dressed with natural materials to imitate a naturally-occurring insect. Preferably if the 'fly' is hand-tied by the fisher during the non-fishing months. Using a rod made of natural material. Etc.
No M-80 taped to a rock?
01-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #3776
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Once caught a Walleye on a yellow/red spoon in error, after having given up and resigned myself to freeze-dried again, lazily trolling off a canoe in a glacial lake in Ontario while the stern slowly paddled back to the campsite. I think I was more surprised than the Walleye.

We didn't have Velveeta - too heavy to portage.
01-24-2014, 06:05 PM   #3777
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No M-80 taped to a rock?
Missouri - easier to get a handgun here than an M80
01-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #3778
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lutefisk is dried cod. Norwegians spread it on racks to dry, after treating it with lye. Before preparing, one must soak them fish in fresh water. Then it is boiled until a lousy excuse for fresh cod is presented. Never liked the stuff, myself. It was a traditional Christmas dinner in my childhood. I prefer fresh cod. But I am an old fart with no respect for Norwegian traditions.
A K3 is possible now that lutefisk season is finished. But do not tell Oscar, my granddad. He flies the Norwegian flag, next to Grandmother's Finnish flag.
Too many things, too little time. My camera is fine, but I lust for a K3.
The lutefisk that we used to have was not made with cod, as far as I know.
Cod was / is a Norwegian preferred fish for the dish, got to like them Vikings, tough sob`s
Speaking of traditional Christmas dishes, I just had some excellent liver-casserole with lingonberries, yumm, good, this past joyous gathering.
And we had scalloped potatoes, to take care of the cheese part
01-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #3779
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Missouri - easier to get a handgun here than an M80
I would say make your own, but that would be a felony now! Actually you can still get them as loads for bird bomb shotgun shells. A good one to sneak into your friends shotgun first day of pheasant season!!
01-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #3780
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No M-80 taped to a rock?
Better yet... ever drop a depth-charge into a school of cod on gulf of Finland. We did...had to pick them all up from the water and take them to the shore for processing, something in the law about "waste not".