Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
02-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #6181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
The K3 WB Auto, according to the PF Review is all we will ever require. No more monologues about whiteness. Actually, Moby was probably a perfect 18% gray "card" for setting White Balance! Dirty, covered with harpoons, wounds, lesions and the occasional whaler still wrapped in his harpoon line, I think Moby was spot on for gray. HociR should publish a Moby Dick film scene, from the Gregory Peck version, as a Neutral Gray Card.
Bingo, we have a winner!

02-22-2014, 02:42 PM   #6182
Veteran Member

The K3 WB Auto, according to the PF Review is all we will ever require. No more monologues about whiteness. Actually, Moby was probably a perfect 18% gray "card" for setting White Balance! Dirty, covered with harpoons, wounds, lesions and the occasional whaler still wrapped in his harpoon line, I think Moby was spot on for gray. HociR should publish a Moby Dick film scene, from the Gregory Peck version, as a Neutral Gray Card.
"A day will come at sea when you smell land, and there will be no land, and on that day Ahab will go to his grave, but he'll rise again and beckon, and all save one shall follow." (Melville, "Moby Dick")

And the One will not own a K3.
02-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #6183
Pentaxian

"A day will come at sea when you smell land, and there will be no land, and on that day Ahab will go to his grave, but he'll rise again and beckon, and all save one shall follow." (Melville, "Moby Dick")

And the One will not own a K3.
Wow ... nightmares are assured as I head to my sleep. Will be clinging to my K-5 "coffin" "classic" tonight ... bonne nuit, J
02-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #6184
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I get first dibs:

SavocheIsDoomed.com
SavocheIsDoomed.biz
SavocheIsDoomed.eu
SavocheIsDoomed.uk.com
SavocheIsDoomed.fr
SavocheIsDoomed.de
SavocheIsDoomed.xxx
SavocheIsDoomed.____ (fill in the blank with any on this list: List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Who needs enemies...

---------- Post added 2014-02-22 at 23:29 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I have it on good authority that if someone gives you a K3 you keep your Shingle. Do you have a wife; a friend; an enemy you could trust with the money until the Brown Truck mysteriously leaves an unexpected box on your doorstep?

Believe me. It happens.

Or you could just change your UID to Ishmael.

Or Pequod.
I can change my UID? Then I'd rather go for Yojo, thank you

But now I'm waiting for the, umm, unexpected box to arrive. I know I will have bad dreams now that I now hociR uses Sirens to deliver the K-3. On the other hand, what's really the problem with the Sirens? I mean, apart for ending up with Achelous as father-in-law...

Ok, I guess that's a reason not to get a K-3.

02-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #6185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Man, how I hated to read Melville in HS ... How many pages about the whiteness of that whale? Worse than a K-3 manual on white balance settings.
Oh that Ishmael. I meant the one (according to the Canon) who wandered around in the desert.with Hagar after Yahweh guided them to a well.

If you are banished from the thread of hociR like Ishmael, you might father 12 sons and a daughter who will be the progenitors of 12 Houses of Light and the third wife of a prophet.

Or some dude named Herman might write the Best American 19th C. Novel about your LBA (in the 20th C. the 'Best Novel' author didn't use his full name, just J. D., and he wrote about High ISO Noise) and then you might have a daughter who spends five years in her twenties reading it over and over (and everything else he wrote) and writing about it until they give her a piece of paper and some initials that say she did.

I never made my peace with Whitman. Who here has made peace with Cartier-Bresson or Adams? Or Liebowitz?

And that is why I won't buy a K3.
02-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #6186
Veteran Member

Oh that Ishmael. I meant the one (according to the Canon) who wandered around in the desert.with Hagar after Yahweh guided them to a well.

If you are banished from the thread of hociR like Ishmael, you might father 12 sons and a daughter who will be the progenitors of 12 Houses of Light and the third wife of a prophet.

Or some dude named Herman might write the Best American 19th C. Novel about your LBA (in the 20th C. the 'Best Novel' author didn't use his full name, just J. D., and he wrote about High ISO Noise) and then you might have a daughter who spends five years in her twenties reading it over and over (and everything else he wrote) and writing about it until they give her a piece of paper and some initials that say she did.

I never made my peace with Whitman. Who here has made peace with Cartier-Bresson or Adams? Or Liebowitz?

Leaves of Grass is tough enough, never mind Bresson, Adams and Liebowitz.
02-22-2014, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #6187
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

but he'll rise again and beckon, and all save one shall follow
So Ahab is the OP in disguise?

Steve

02-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #6188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I had some nice, spicy, pulled pork sandwiches with heaps of coleslaw for my lunch today.
They were so tasty, I had no problem resisting any hociR siren calls.
02-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #6189
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Who here has made peace with Cartier-Bresson or Adams? Or Liebowitz?
Adams and Cartier-Bresson and a host of others, but not Liebowitz...

Steve
02-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #6190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
So Ahab is the OP in disguise?

Steve
No no no. Ahab symbolically represents the hociR, or "He we must not follow."

Some contemporary differences of course. Ahab used a Kodak Instamatic. With flash cubes to confuse the whale.
02-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #6191
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

No no no. Ahab symbolically represents the hociR, or "He we must not follow."
No! No! No! The hociR is the whale!!!

Steve
02-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #6192
Veteran Member

Steve
Interesting. If hociR is the whale, Ahab must represent Canikon?
02-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #6193
Veteran Member

been doing yardwork, what did I miss?
02-22-2014, 04:29 PM   #6194
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve
Dude.

hociR is painted on the stern of Pequod.
02-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #6195
Veteran Member

stevebrot suggests that the hociR is represented by the whale and not Ahab. If true, Ishmael is off the hook and can buy a K3 and need not worry about 12 Houses of Light. Because the high ISO performance of the K3 "don't need no stinking light."