Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #7516
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
River will be between the camera & the skyline. So, it will be the foreground.

---------- Post added 03-13-14 at 07:57 AM ----------

That's a better idea than dusk. Of course, that means I have to get my arse up too!

I work every Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. So it can't be dawn on Saturday or Sunday morning. Monday morning, yes.

---------- Post added 03-13-14 at 08:08 AM ----------

Can the remote release be tripped by a smartphone? Or do I need to order a remote? Like, really quick? I do have Amazon Prime. I need to do this probably Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday morning. At least the first run.
Set the camera to use the shutter delay (is it still 2 and 12 sec on that model?) - works pretty well without remotes. At least mine has...

Jim

03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #7517
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Set the camera to use the shutter delay (is it still 2 and 12 sec on that model?) - works pretty well without remotes. At least mine has...

Jim
I wanted to say that.
03-13-2014, 10:17 AM   #7518
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Can the remote release be tripped by a smartphone? Or do I need to order a remote?
Smartphone? Not with your K-5II in is this version of reality. For that you need a (forgive me) K-3 with FLU Card or a camera made by nonaC, nokiN, or any other of the host of demons who embrace iFiW.

As for a remote...you will need a remote release if you have to do a time exposure using B (bulb) mode, otherwise the two second delay with mirror up will probably be adequate. City lights at night are kind of deceptive. It may be dark out, but the actual exposure is for the lights themselves and brightly lit surfaces. As such the exposure times may be less than you anticipate.

Steve
03-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #7519
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
For that you need a (forgive me) K-3
bonk

03-13-2014, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #7520
Veteran Member

Smartphone? Not with your K-5II in is this version of reality. For that you need a (forgive me) K-3 with FLU Card or a camera made by nonaC, nokiN, or any other of the host of demons who embrace iFiW.

As for a remote...you will need a remote release if you have to do a time exposure using B (bulb) mode, otherwise the two second delay with mirror up will probably be adequate. City lights at night are kind of deceptive. It may be dark out, but the actual exposure is for the lights themselves and brightly lit surfaces. As such the exposure times may be less than you anticipate.

Steve
It's dirty and it's wrong. You should be ashamed.
03-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #7521
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
I haven't had a light leak since Box Brownie days.
Praktika, Konica, MZ50, *istDS, K5 all rubbish!
60% of those are Pentax! I might try a Hocir and see if I can get a good one.
My first camera was a Box Brownie. I was six years old at the time. My grandmother gave it to me (well, sort of, as you will read).

After three or four clicks I ran up some steps, tripped, popped open the back and exposed the entire 120 roll. My grandmother took the camera back and told me she guessed I wasn't quite old enough yet.

15 years later she gave me a KX and K50/1.4. I guess she thought I was old enough.
03-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #7522
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
It's dirty and it's wrong. You should be ashamed.
I think I may have been infected by casual contact with nokiN about a week ago. I should be OK after a round of probiotic therapy.

Steve

03-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #7523
Veteran Member

I think I may have been infected by casual contact with nokiN about a week ago. I should be OK after a round of probiotic therapy.

Steve
Don't delay, get down that clinic for the swob test.

Caught early, all you'll need is antibiotics. Leave it and it'll be amputation.
03-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #7524
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parry Quote
Don't delay, get down that clinic for the swob test.

Caught early, all you'll need is antibiotics. Leave it and it'll be amputation.
Amputation, ambulation, animation, they are all pretty much the same with nokiN.
03-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #7525
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My first camera was a Box Brownie. ... 15 years later she gave me a KX and K50/1.4. I guess she thought I was old enough.
Nice grandmother & story ... bet you did not trip and fall with that one ... J
03-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #7526
Pentaxian

My first camera was a Box Brownie. I was six years old at the time. My grandmother gave it to me (well, sort of, as you will read).

After three or four clicks I ran up some steps, tripped, popped open the back and exposed the entire 120 roll. My grandmother took the camera back and told me she guessed I wasn't quite old enough yet.

15 years later she gave me a KX and K50/1.4. I guess she thought I was old enough.
I tripped and fell with a Brownie once.

Broke a rib.

Brownie was just fine.
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #7527
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My first camera was a Box Brownie. I was six years old at the time. My grandmother gave it to me
15 years later she gave me a KX and K50/1.4
So do we conclude from that that you are referring to the KX film camera, or that you are in your early twenties.
03-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #7528
Veteran Member

Steve
may require bug-specific antibiotics. I believe that there is an FDA approved treatment for this affliction. Dansamy, our resident nurse, all have more information.
03-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #7529
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Amputation, ambulation, animation, they are all pretty much the same with nokiN.
Wot? I thought he'd got the clap?
03-13-2014, 01:37 PM   #7530
Pentaxian

Steve
Go eat some really, really moldy cheese ... nature's antibiotics, or at least it will clean you out one way or another. I got some in the frig I can airmail to you. Better yet, I will send via surface ... J