Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Hey Racer,
Do you plan to get composted?
They'll have to sift out the hardware.
"Humans tend to have a lot of unnatural materials in their bodies, though, like dental fillings, screws and pacemakers. That all has to be filtered out after the bulk of the decomposition is done, Patrick said."

Humans now being legally composted in Washington | FOX 2
I still haven’t decided if I want to be buried in a box, or creamated and scattered somewhere cool, like over the mountains, or at a famous racing venue.

But composted?

Nah.

Composting is what we do with food scraps and lawn clippings.

Not where I want to spend eternity.

01-19-2021, 07:35 AM - 6 Likes   #84332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I still haven’t decided if I want to be buried in a box, or creamated and scattered somewhere cool, like over the mountains, or at a famous racing venue.

But composted?

Nah.

I mean, if we get technical, being buried is basically being composted with extra steps.
01-19-2021, 07:46 AM - 3 Likes   #84333
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
But composted?

Nah.

Could grow some wicked weed though.
01-19-2021, 07:47 AM - 7 Likes   #84334
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can relate.

01-19-2021, 08:05 AM - 4 Likes   #84335
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
I mean, if we get technical, being buried is basically being composted with extra steps.
But I would be composting away in my own private box, deep enough that the nutrients would return to the earth on my terms, not some hippie growing vegetables.

Could grow some wicked weed though.
Well now you’re talking. If I could figure out a way to then consume it myself I might be interested.
01-19-2021, 10:22 AM - 3 Likes   #84336
Pentaxian

But composted?

Nah.

When it comes to my time, I want this to be read. It sums up things quite well, to my mind.

Cowboy Reincarnation poem – Myke's Weblog
01-19-2021, 10:28 AM - 1 Like   #84337
Pentaxian

I take two spaces.

Of course I also never park up by the door of whatever shop I am visiting, but rather park way out at the farthest spaces from the entrance.

I have two good legs (sort of), and the extra walk is good for the health.
I park away in the farthest reaches of a mall parking lot.

I do it for two reasons.

Exercise, but also to get away from the madding (parking) crowd. Too many door chips or dents were suffered by my early vehicles...by the careless and the irresponsible.

01-19-2021, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #84338
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hehe, I do the same, for the same reasons!
01-19-2021, 12:29 PM - 1 Like   #84339
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Most do these days, at least from the manifold to the muffler. Some even have full stainless steel exhaust to the outlet.
Good thing too. About time!
01-19-2021, 12:31 PM - 3 Likes   #84340
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Turn your scar into art with a tat:
There's a plan for my autopsy scar! (Which is what I call the enormous scars from my liver op.)
01-19-2021, 12:39 PM - 2 Likes   #84341
Pentaxian

What will you guys be doing when everything is electric? My province just laid out a billion to help Ford and GM modify their plants to produce electric vehicles. The writing is on the wall around here.
01-19-2021, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #84342
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Good thing too. About time!
I recall the old mild steel, or whatever mufflers were made of back then. Rust out within about 5 years. But for about 30 odd years now our vehicles have been stainless steel and I think maybe the reason for that upgrade, might have something to do with emission laws, but not sure, just a guess.

But we have had 5 new vehicles (all GM) since 1989 and nary a muffler or exhaust replacement. We had the big Buick sedan for 13 years, nada. Boy I miss that big 6 passenger Buick sedan, Regret trading it in. What a car, Powerful, tremendously comfortable, quiet as a mausoleum .

Last edited by lesmore49; 01-19-2021 at 12:49 PM.
01-19-2021, 12:45 PM - 2 Likes   #84343
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
After seeing that New York is packed to the brim with those (typically with *one* person inside, perish the thought of carpooling ), I can't help but wonder why those things are so popular.

You guys should try the "petrol at $1.7/quart" European approach to buying cars sometime
I tried that approach, for the first 39 years of my life, in UK then I escaped
01-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #84344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Decades ago I worked in a place where one of my colleagues, Fred, used to mark all his "nickable" stuff with "Stolen from Fred"

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 06:40 PM ----------

I still have and use most (I lost several of the sockets!) of a Kamasa 1/4 inch drive metric socket set that I bought around 1987 when I bought my first car that was "all metric"
Is that the Fred who plays soccer?
01-19-2021, 12:59 PM - 2 Likes   #84345
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
What will you guys be doing when everything is electric? My province just laid out a billion to help Ford and GM modify their plants to produce electric vehicles. The writing is on the wall around here.
Make my own diesel I guess, just like Willie Nelson

---------- Post added 01-19-21 at 01:05 PM ----------

We take the Legacy wagon or the Corolla for those trips.

Most do these days, at least from the manifold to the muffler. Some even have full stainless steel exhaust to the outlet.

The Dodge is stainless from the turbocharger, mild steel from the muffler back. A few months back I was walking back from the hardware store to the truck, and as is my habit I always park so when walking up to it I come from the rear passenger side, giving me the opportunity to lay an eye on the tires. I noticed the tailpipe hanging at an odd angle, and gave it a kick.

The connection at the muffler outlet had rusted through, and the pipe was swinging on the hangars. I pulled it off when I got home. Now the exhaust dumps under the bed, in front of the axle. I have a full stainless steel mandrel bent system on order, $600. Should be the last exhaust system I will ever put on it.
I think my truck and the Suburban are all stainless. They look like new, I guess you have something we don't, humidity!