Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108814 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2021, 04:11 AM - 2 Likes   #87361
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
In other news. Gone cold here. Autumn. Got the fire going tonight. Dog and cats seem happy.
Looking at your weather forecast, you're a bit warmer there than here.
Night lows near freezing later this week.

04-18-2021, 08:07 AM - 1 Like   #87362
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
If all else fails there is always

BACON
Not if you cooked all that was remaining yesterday there isn't...
04-18-2021, 08:33 AM - 2 Likes   #87363
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
That's a big call Racer.
You may be committing to not buy something 10 or 15 years done the track. By then the K-3VI might be exactly what you want/need and you have forfeited the opportunity because of your own words.
I have the K-1.

It has allowed me to achieve photographic nirvana.

A K-3 of any ilk would be retrogression.

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
I guess not with all those Z 's needing your attention !
Then there is this.
04-18-2021, 08:35 AM - 1 Like   #87364
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Not if you cooked all that was remaining yesterday there isn't...
Time to fire up the smoker and slaughter another hog, eh?

04-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #87365
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
We watched/listened to the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip's funeral this afternoon in between rolls of wallpaper (we will finish this house, we will) and the ceremony finished with Last Post, Action Stations (trumpeters) and a piper playing Farewell.

The whole occasion was a highly fitting tribute to the duke. Salute!
I agree. We watched too. A fine and fitting tribute, well done.
04-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #87366
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Just be careful with that thinking stuff Les, don't want to overwork that noggin of yours....

Of course not, for a good reason, as mentioned in this famous song...

Abba - Money, Money, Money (Official Video) - YouTube
Thx, I am careful not too overwork my noggin. I've got to get me one of those devices that take your temperature by aiming it at you forehead, clicking the trigger I assume, and there's the readout.

BTW, I try to run my noggin @ 98.3 F....that seems to be the optimum temp for this component.

If it runs any hotter, I get my noggin 'cooler' out.
04-18-2021, 10:41 AM   #87367
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
By the time I saw the thread title, it was too late. I had already purchased the Ricoh labeled <gasp!> K-3 body. But I gave plenty of reasons why I wouldn't upgrade from the original K-3 to the mark II version, or now to the mark III version.
Well Jim, now we know the details of your K3 purchase, as far as I'm concerned a verbal warning should suffice.

I never have had a K3, never seen one in the outside world. I have a K10D, Km, K5 and K1. I somehow skipped the K3, probably because my K5 has been such a good camera. If the K1 full frame hadn't come out, I think I would never of progressed beyond the K5, as it did, still does everything I want in a good camera. I would of probably only replaced it with whatever the latest equivalent ASP-C body happened to be, but only then if the K5 was DOA.

At this point probably the KP.

Mostly I got the K1, as in my film days I did a lot photography with 35mm and medium format (Mamiya 6 X6 TLR). I wanted a bigger sensor and the K1 fit the bill. Excellent camera, and possibly my last, as long as it keeps on trucking.

04-18-2021, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #87368
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've never had snake. Crocodile yes, but never snake.
I wonder if there is crocodile 'bacon' ? Probably not.....I'm thinking (again) .

When it comes to the top smells of food, I don't think there is anything quite as nice as the smell of bacon cooking over the campfire and coffee brewing...both in the great outdoors.

Turkey roasting is also in this bracket, but in the house. CharlieLac would probably add the smell of fresh bread and I would agree.

Odd thing is that in my last years of working, the building I worked out of was right next to a Wonder Bread factory bakery. In my 8 years working next door to this large factory bakery, I never once smelled the lovely aroma that I associate with baking bread . Don't know why, or maybe I do.....
04-18-2021, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #87369
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Well Jim, now we know the details of your K3 purchase, as far as I'm concerned a verbal warning should suffice.

I never have had a K3, never seen one in the outside world. I have a K10D, Km, K5 and K1. I somehow skipped the K3, probably because my K5 has been such a good camera. If the K1 full frame hadn't come out, I think I would never of progressed beyond the K5, as it did, still does everything I want in a good camera. I would of probably only replaced it with whatever the latest equivalent ASP-C body happened to be, but only then if the K5 was DOA.

At this point probably the KP.

Mostly I got the K1, as in my film days I did a lot photography with 35mm and medium format (Mamiya 6 X6 TLR). I wanted a bigger sensor and the K1 fit the bill. Excellent camera, and possibly my last, as long as it keeps on trucking.
I all but gave up on more advanced photography when Kodak pulled the plug on Ektachrome. My Super Program kit sat in a box in the closet. I bought a couple Olympus P&S for snapshots. My spouse wanted me to do better and purchased a new K-r for me. Terrible, terrible mistake. It whet my apatite for the glory of my Super Program. I had multiple lenses for the Super Program. LBA set in. I sold most of my Super Program kit (retaining a couple favorite KA's and flash units). The K-r's controls still felt restrictive. My wife was aghast when I sold the still almost new K-r for a used K-30 and the 18-135 from a desperate college student who needed cash. Happier, not happy. I drooled over the K-5II, no more money. And along came an opportunity to pick up a relatively young K-3 from a wedding photographer drooling over the K-1. I sold the K-30 to a cousin who was happy for the upgrade to her K-x. LBA continued, but as I had my primary DA lenses, I looked for good buys on decent F & FA lenses. I just jumped for a well-used K-1 ... well-used meaning only 2/3rds of its life left. I have some plans for that body, but like Mr. Norm, there are many situations where the K-3 will be a better choice - - especially if I have to travel light yet need an off-camera flash. The K-3's popup flash as a P-TTL wireless controller has just been way too valuable. There doesn't seem to be any truly small flash available for the K-3II/III or K-1/II to fill exactly that function. DO YOU HEAR ME flash manufacturers?

By the way, after the re-introduction of Ektachrome, I have rebuilt my Super Program kit. Now that I have the K-1, I can easily make 1:1 digital copies of my best stuff using my Pentax K bellows, 50 macro and slide copy attachment.
04-18-2021, 12:21 PM - 3 Likes   #87370
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Verstappen has won at Imola.

Nice work.

But, look out.

Hamilton is tough to beat.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 04-18-2021 at 12:45 PM.
04-18-2021, 12:23 PM - 4 Likes   #87371
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

The Terminator and Iron Man had a baby.

04-18-2021, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #87372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Verstappen has won at Imola.

Nice work.

But, look out.

Hamilton is tough to beat.
(fixed that for ya) Yep, it's gonna be a competitive season and lots of fun to watch!
04-18-2021, 12:30 PM - 5 Likes   #87373
Veteran Member

When it comes to the top smells of food, I don't think there is anything quite as nice as the smell of bacon cooking
Nice recovery after all the photo gear talk.

I wonder if there is crocodile 'bacon'
Yes, but it's a bit chewy.

04-18-2021, 12:48 PM - 5 Likes   #87374
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

A shirt for Bob, or any Grillmiester.
Attached Images

04-18-2021, 01:20 PM - 3 Likes   #87375
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Looking at your weather forecast, you're a bit warmer there than here.
Night lows near freezing later this week.
I suspect our idea of "cold" and your idea of "cold" are two different things!