Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2021, 06:09 PM - 2 Likes   #87496
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
It is currently snowing almost as hard as it did all winter.
Roads clear, but on the deck and grass it's starting to pile up.
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
4-6 inches of snow here yesterday (starting with bare ground) and one drift in my backyard is about 14 inches. <sigh>. Still below freezing today, but have a realistic expectation we will be snow free, again, by the end of the week.
The sun is shining, the grass is growing, and it's about +20°C outside. Not to rub it in your faces or anything

04-20-2021, 06:42 PM - 4 Likes   #87497
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
But there is help available if you can’t clean out excess earwax: olive oil is effective or the friendly nurse at the local practice will pressure jet it clear for you. Don’t suffer in silence!!
Everyday at The Big Shed, hearing protection is compulsory. After months of shoving earplugs in my ears the wax buildup that is just out of reach of a q-tip completely blocks the eardrum. Almost like having earplugs in, when I don't.

So a visit with the doc at the factory medical clinic, she rinses the wax out with warm water, shot in a jet blast from a huge syringe with a curved and tapered nozzle.

Suddenly I can hear again!

Then back into the tool, building jet airplanes.

Wearing earplugs, of course.
04-20-2021, 10:28 PM - 2 Likes   #87498
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
The sun is shining, the grass is growing, and it's about +20°C outside. Not to rub it in your faces or anything
So you can just get on and cut that back yard grass! I don’t know, youngsters these days, rather complain about long grass than deal with it, got their faces stuck in their phones all day, grumble mutter humph....
04-20-2021, 10:56 PM - 3 Likes   #87499
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You're almost right. Languages to an English only speaker are English, Asian, European, Slavic, or Middle Eastern.
I am fluent in only one language; English (okay, okay, "American" ). I can barely get by in French, but I have a fairly good ear for identifying the region of a foreign (foreign to me) language. If I hear someone speaking an apparently European language but I can't discern ANY words whatsoever I figure it's Afrikaans.
I find it a fascinating language.
We went to Menorca a few years ago and couldn't understand a single word some of the locals were speaking despite my partner having a reasonable command of Spanish. Turns out they also speak a dialect of Catalan

04-21-2021, 12:37 AM - 4 Likes   #87500
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why would you want to jump out of a perfectly good working airplane?

Now, I say that, but I would, excuse me, jump at that chance to do that
Oh, I don't know. I've jumped out of several perfectly working aeroplanes and enjoyed it thoroughly. There's a certain enjoyment in watching your altimeter for that magical number, 1,000 feet whereafter you know that, if anything went wrong with the bus now, you can leave, while the pilot can't!
04-21-2021, 04:20 AM - 3 Likes   #87501
Veteran Member

By next Tuesday it'll be 80 F (+26.6 C) here.
Our grass has been cut twice, and ready for a third.
04-21-2021, 04:25 AM - 3 Likes   #87502
Veteran Member

the grass is growing,
Now I get your joke over on the joke thread.

04-21-2021, 05:55 AM - 3 Likes   #87503
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Post-retirement, we move to a RV park in south-central Texas each winter (came back a little early this year). We have mostly the same neighbors each winter and therefore have made a lot of friends we otherwise would have never met. Our neighborhood missed our neighbors from eastern Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan this past season. From what I read on CBC's website, a lot of your snowbirds tried to cram themselves into southern British Columbia this winter. How rowdy did they become in your part of the Province?
04-21-2021, 10:25 AM - 2 Likes   #87504
Veteran Member

So you can just get on and cut that back yard grass! I don’t know, youngsters these days, rather complain about long grass than deal with it, got their faces stuck in their phones all day, grumble mutter humph....
The goats do the grass cutting in the yard

And I find I have my have my face stuck in my computer all day with this blasted online learning... Only another week and a half and the year's over...
04-21-2021, 10:27 AM   #87505
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
From what I read on CBC's website, a lot of your snowbirds tried to cram themselves into southern British Columbia this winter. How rowdy did they become in your part of the Province?
I'm in a suitably cold part of the province that there's no worry of that! Generally they're the ones who leave here on the winter
04-21-2021, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #87506
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Oh, I don't know. I've jumped out of several perfectly working aeroplanes and enjoyed it thoroughly. There's a certain enjoyment in watching your altimeter for that magical number, 1,000 feet whereafter you know that, if anything went wrong with the bus now, you can leave, while the pilot can't!
Fun fun. The university has got a sky diving club, maybe I should jump in and join them.
04-21-2021, 10:54 AM   #87507
Pentaxian

Fun fun. The university has got a sky diving club, maybe I should jump in and join them.
Our son did that. Parachute jump.

He wanted a sky diving experience for his 20th birthday, so we got it for him. The entire hour or so, that it involved and friends, relatives and mom and dad were there. My heart was in my throat the whole time and and I was very happy when he landed safely on terra firma.

As a parent I don't want to go through that again....even though.... I know the odds were in his favour to have a safe experience.
04-21-2021, 12:06 PM - 6 Likes   #87508
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I think that first you need to do a little research on how skydiving works. You're supposed to jump out, not in.
04-21-2021, 12:23 PM - 3 Likes   #87509
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The goats do the grass cutting in the yard
So there is a use for the creatures after all! Mind you, I did read from several authorities that goat is very good eating and doesn’t need boiling first either. He’d probably try it nevertheless, them Dakotans are odd folk.
04-21-2021, 12:44 PM - 3 Likes   #87510
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I did read from several authorities that goat is very good eating
I was watching some sort of documentary some time back and it was mentioned that goat is the most efficient meat protein animal. i.e the meat:feed ratio is the highest.

them Dakotans are odd folk.
suspicious1