Show Printable Version 108811 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2021, 08:31 PM - 3 Likes   #88546
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@robtcorl; Am I doing this right?
Oh, and cream ale. Good choice for a late spring afternoon.

05-15-2021, 08:36 PM - 2 Likes   #88547
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bygp Quote
I'm gonna have a K3 in a few days at a very good price from Japan, less than 9000 actations, it was top of PENTAX K series before they produced the K1. Gonna have a limited edition who was only used for demo in a shop
for only 700$, I don't understand your cosmetic critics, RICOH is the brand of pro products like huge industrial printers...
I知 very happy for you.

Still not gonna buy a K-3.

Beware the liv3 hociR.
05-16-2021, 12:13 AM - 2 Likes   #88548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I remember that product
We had Brycream back in the day (in fact my late uncle who had very little hair used so much of it that his nails and screws were kept in rows of Brycream jars in his shed!
The jingle; Brycream, a little dab'll do ya.
Brycream, you'll look so debonair.
Brycream, the girls'll pursue ya.
Simply dab a little on your hair.

(I knew that you would want to know).
05-16-2021, 12:49 AM - 1 Like   #88549
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I generally go to old style barbers...
Me too, although there’s a ladies bit upstairs as well. As a lad we had a diminishing selection in town: the one with the rude mags closed, then the truly archaic one, leaving the dodgy one and finally John Bald. That wasn’t his real name but it was what we called him: he had one working eye and the other was glass, so cracks about getting the pudding bowl squint before trimming were legion. He’d always try to make embarrassing “something for the weekend?” remarks to spotty teenagers as they paid. Years later I met a former salesman for said products who told me the late barber was one of his best retailers...

05-16-2021, 01:06 AM   #88550
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
With the K3 being made out of a magnesium shell, and "Pentax" is stamped into the metal and the very core of the camera, I look at the "Ricoh" on the back as cosmetics, that can be washed off at the end of the day.

The K3 is through and through a Pentax and why I will buy another 2 in the coming months.
And your are right ! The mark III is awesome, super ergonomy ! I will receive from Japan my 1st K3 in limited edition next thirsday, very low price for about 9000 actuations !

05-16-2021, 04:50 AM - 3 Likes   #88551
Veteran Member

Wtf ?
Why the frown, we're all smiles on this the thread of all threads.
05-16-2021, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #88552
Veteran Member

@robtcorl; Am I doing this right?
Like Racer said, you're using the wrong type of charcoal.
Never had a cream ale, can't comment on that one.

05-16-2021, 05:13 AM - 2 Likes   #88553
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm gonna have a K3 in a few days at a very good price from Japan, less than 9000 actations, it was top of PENTAX K series before they produced the K1. Gonna have a limited edition who was only used for demo in a shop
for only 700$, I don't understand your cosmetic critics, RICOH is the brand of pro products like huge industrial printers...
Perhaps you overlooked the last two lines of the initial post?
QuoteQuote:
Mod disclaimer: this thread has turned into a humorous discussion and it no longer reflects facts about the Pentax K-3 DSLR. Enter and post at your own risk, and have fun!
You're more than welcome to join in the fun, but no discussion of the K-3 though.
05-16-2021, 06:26 AM - 1 Like   #88554
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I知 gonna go out on a limb here and say he値l tell you that you池e using the wrong kind of charcoal.
Careful Racer! Somebody might agree and cut off the limb you are on to make charcoal.

Bacon wrapped boneless porkchops on my grill. I guess that's called going whole hog. Didn't last long enough to take a picture...
05-16-2021, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #88555
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
We had Brycream back in the day (in fact my late uncle who had very little hair used so much of it that his nails and screws were kept in rows of Brycream jars in his shed!
The jingle; Brycream, a little dab'll do ya.
Brycream, you'll look so debonair.
Brycream, the girls'll pursue ya.
Simply dab a little on your hair.

(I knew that you would want to know).
You know Rod, that little old jingle was IMO, a great form of advertising. I haven't heard it for years, decades really. But it was one of those advertising ditties that gets into your mind, with it's rhythm and lyrics.
05-16-2021, 07:42 AM - 4 Likes   #88556
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

And your are right ! The mark III is awesome, super ergonomy ! I will receive from Japan my 1st K3 in limited edition next thirsday, very low price for about 9000 actuations !
The liv3 hociR lives!!

05-16-2021, 07:53 AM   #88557
Pentaxian

Mushrooms are excellent, and some of those are pretty meaty too.

When cooking a vegetarian curry (we have one in the house, so it is necessary to cater to them every so often) I always put lots of mushrooms in. Tasty
We use the mushrooms we buy from the store. Not the canned mushrooms, but the ones grown by a grower in town.

Our house is about a kilometer from a small (66 acres) riverine nature preserve and I have been known to go for photographic walks down the forest trails.

Interesting fauna...owls, otters, beavers, snapping and painted turtles, etc. Also interesting flora which includes different mushrooms . Sometimes I have thought that some of these wild mushrooms might be a taste treat, but I wouldn't pick them for consumption.

Only because I don't have a clue about what is safe and what will lay me out for good. But those who do, have the proper mushroom knowledge, enjoy the fruits (fungi) of their labour.
05-16-2021, 07:53 AM - 2 Likes   #88558
Veteran Member

I知 gonna go out on a limb here and say he値l tell you that you池e using the wrong kind of charcoal.
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Like Racer said, you're using the wrong type of charcoal.
Figured so... but it's spirit that counts, right?
05-16-2021, 07:55 AM - 2 Likes   #88559
Veteran Member

Oh, and cream ale. Good choice for a late spring afternoon.
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Never had a cream ale, can't comment on that one.
Slowly discovering different types of beer - who knew there was such a variety

All I know is that this one went down well
05-16-2021, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #88560
Veteran Member

I generally go to old style barbers.. I did go to a franchise hair salon once, and the hair stylist asked me what #'s I wanted. I didn't know what he meant at the time. I still don't know much more about this modern way of hair cutting, but the idea I'm guessing, is that certain numbers give you shorter or longer cuts.
Yeah, a #4 is 1/2" and a #2 is 1/4" - nice and short so it's out the way. I've always had my hair cut at home, and have been doing it myself the last several years - you save a fair bit doing that, especially if you like it short so want to trim it more often.