Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2021, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #90166
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Getting the parts in would be a bit of a problem, but...

Would there be enough room left for an airstrip so you could fly the blighter out when completed?
I was only thinking they would do the Far East kind of process of shipping the bits he drills and fills, and he drills and fills in his existing shed. Then they come and get the bits and assemble them somewhere else, maybe the big shed.

07-04-2021, 05:20 AM - 1 Like   #90167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
From a friend:
Australians got the idea much better. Instead of being antisocial and fighting a war we wrote a letter and made some compromises and got most of what America got, and all the practical independence, without the dead bodies.

Anyway enjoy the day, the fireworks and all the other means of celebration.

Has the bad weather and fires gone away?
07-04-2021, 06:39 AM - 5 Likes   #90168
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Would there be enough room left for an airstrip so you could fly the blighter out when completed?
Well there is that too.

Maybe a few of these could swing in and carry the thing off to the nearest airstrip large enough then?

07-04-2021, 06:47 AM   #90169
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Sunday BACON about to join runny fried eggs in brioche buns, thus constituting Exploding Bacon & Egg Banjos. One slightly stained teeshirt later and all’s well. Top off with much coffee. Ahhhhhhhh!
Looks tasty.

Tip: When posting iPhone pictures, do a small edit before posting. Otherwise they wind up lying sideways when viewed on a PC or laptop. I usually do a quick edit to the exposure settings, then straighten and maybe crop a bit. Works every time.

07-04-2021, 07:01 AM   #90170
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Looks like your "bacon" is being cooked over charcoal. Is that correct?
Don't think it is over charcoal. Looks like an oven grill pan. You probably call it something else though

07-04-2021, 07:08 AM   #90171
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Don't think it is over charcoal. Looks like an oven grill pan. You probably call it something else though
A metal thing with a wire grid that one places food items on such as meat to grill under a broiler.

I think.
07-04-2021, 07:25 AM - 2 Likes   #90172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A metal thing with a wire grid that one places food items on such as meat to grill under a broiler.

I think.
Exactly that.

07-04-2021, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #90173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I thought that too, but saw a bag? marked Fire Pit, thinking it could be a brand of charcoal, so I started to wonder.
07-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #90174
Veteran Member

It's beginning to look like Lord Stanley's Cup won't be heading back north again this year. I think it's been down here 28 years now.
A local guy, Pat Maroon, plays for the Lightning, the same team that won it last year, and in 2019 he played for the cup winning St Louis Blues.
07-04-2021, 09:35 AM - 2 Likes   #90175
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Looks like your "bacon" is being cooked over charcoal. Is that correct?
Ha ha! iPhone photos speak with forked tongue: bacon is on grill over oven tray, black enamelled, for catching all the drips while under the electric oven grill. The Fire Pit stuff is packets of stuff to barbecue this evening, it’s just a supermarket brand of ready-to-cook holiday food.
07-04-2021, 10:53 AM - 3 Likes   #90176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happy 4th July y’all! Tonight’s barbecue was not to mark anything but our last day in Wales: Pembrokeshire has been an enjoyable break. I do hope Racer’s whizzbangs whizz and bang satisfactorily and a fine old time is had by all.

Burp!
07-04-2021, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #90177
Pentaxian

Well @stifflegged, you will need to wait till Guy Fawkes Day to have your chance to let off fireworks. That is fun to see. I should get out sometime to see a bonfire on Bonfire Night.

Do they put Guys in them, like we did in Australia before Guy Fawkes was shifted to Queens Birthday weekend because of the fire danger. The it was completely banned because too many teenage boys were using fireworks to blow up the dog.

Queen’s Birthday is a holiday in Australia, in mid June, but strangely absent from the calendar in UK, even though there are several “Bank Holidays” for which they could not even think of a thing the day was meant to celebrate, except that bank employees have a day off.
07-04-2021, 11:52 AM - 2 Likes   #90178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Happy 4th July, US friends! It may sound a little odd coming from a Brit, but we lived in the US years ago and our oldest son and his family still do, so we’re biased. We were at a 4th July party in North Carolina a couple of years ago and we were guests of honour - because we were Brits!
07-04-2021, 12:03 PM - 2 Likes   #90179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Well @stifflegged, you will need to wait till Guy Fawkes Day to have your chance to let off fireworks. That is fun to see. I should get out sometime to see a bonfire on Bonfire Night.

Do they put Guys in them, like we did in Australia before Guy Fawkes was shifted to Queens Birthday weekend because of the fire danger. The it was completely banned because too many teenage boys were using fireworks to blow up the dog.

Queen’s Birthday is a holiday in Australia, in mid June, but strangely absent from the calendar in UK, even though there are several “Bank Holidays” for which they could not even think of a thing the day was meant to celebrate, except that bank employees have a day off.
My dear fellow, nowadays fireworks are set off on all sorts of occasions, not just November 5th. Birthdays, New Year’s Day, Christmas, even Brexit Day would you believe. Her Majesty is famous for not wishing a fuss, so although she has two birthdays, an actual as well as an official one, there is no public holiday. Mind you, should she make 70 years as monarch I might be inclined to detonate several firecrackers myself for the occasion.

But you’re right about the guy at Guy Fawkes: when I was a lad in short trousies a stuffed replica was often burnt on the bonfire. The overturning of the custom is due to objections from weeds and the utterly wet.
07-04-2021, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #90180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
My dear fellow, nowadays fireworks are set off on all sorts of occasions, not just November 5th. Birthdays, New Year’s Day, Christmas, even Brexit Day would you believe. Her Majesty is famous for not wishing a fuss, so although she has two birthdays, an actual as well as an official one, there is no public holiday. Mind you, should she make 70 years as monarch I might be inclined to detonate several firecrackers myself for the occasion.

But you’re right about the guy at Guy Fawkes: when I was a lad in short trousies a stuffed replica was often burnt on the bonfire. The overturning of the custom is due to objections from weeds and the utterly wet.
Trick or treat is taking over from Penny for the Guy.