Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2021, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #91306
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
T used to say I spoiled Tripper. He'd com put his nose under my hand and lit it o the Ley boar when he wanted t play ball an I'd always go. When I was a kid my friends would knock on my door when they wanted me to come out an play ball. Tripper was fulfilling a life long social function. Now my last cat Brian, half siamese black cat with atitude, was a terror. I don't remember him fulfilling any particular social function. But the stuff he did was really funny,
I've never heard of a cat named "Brian".

08-05-2021, 02:11 PM - 3 Likes   #91307
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I watched a bald eagle take a small dog from the jackass neighbor across the road.

Didn’t bother me a bit as the little thing was always coming into my yard, barking at me and leaving little piles of dog poop everywhere.
The dog or the neighbour?
08-05-2021, 02:13 PM   #91308
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Been busy deciding which of our retirement funds to hit for our new windows. We've decided to split the cost between us.
We also added two sets of French doors for the basement and enlarging the two, small, family room windows.
Total now is $10K. Good thing I didn't plan to buy a new k3-3.
$10,000 for all the windows and doors for the whole house? Man, we get ripped off over here with building costs. There would be money to be made from shipping house lots of doors and windows from the USA to here.
08-05-2021, 03:06 PM - 2 Likes   #91309
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Let me tell you, when we drive across the open prairies out here, on one of our 700 mile trips...it's kind of hard to find a tree....if you know what I mean.
When I would be out and about on the prairie like terrain east of CO Springs, the middle of the country road worked for me.
You could see for miles in each direction, and traffic is very light.

I think even Bob# 1 might like this.

Morgan Plus Four CX-T is a mad off-road sports car that costs £204,000 | Daily Mail Online
You're right, that is one cool ride!

08-05-2021, 03:18 PM - 1 Like   #91310
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
$10,000 for all the windows and doors for the whole house? Man, we get ripped off over here with building costs. There would be money to be made from shipping house lots of doors and windows from the USA to here.
Just windows and two walkout basement doors, not doors for the whole house.
Our savings came from going with a local guy, no middlemen like salesmen etc. Bids we got from large companies were over $8K for 8 replacement windows only.
08-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #91311
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ah. That makes sense then.
08-05-2021, 06:18 PM - 1 Like   #91312
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Yep, we've had incidences of Great Horned Owls, Bald Eagles, Snowy Owls take pets.

This is a grey wolf caught about 25 miles from Winterpeg at Birds Hill Park, a provincial park. If my memory served me, I believe it was 7' 9" from tip of tail to nose and 179 pounds, according to provincial conservation officers. . The article in the paper says the wolf was around 70 kgs, but that was inaccurate.

The article also says there are an estimated 4000 wolves in Manitoba. I believe that is also incorrect. A few years ago an animal survey company from Alaska, with a lot of experience did an assessment and estimated the wolf pop. at around 10,000 or so. I think the Alaska company was closer to the mark.

But it's a big province and a lot of forest up here. Not easy to estimate given those factors.

It was a lone wolf and there were concerns about it preying on pets, possibly riding horses, etc. back then. Caught by a trapper.

Redirect Notice
That's a good sized canine.

Been a while since he was taken.

QuoteQuote:
Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 21/11/2012 (3178 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.

08-05-2021, 06:21 PM - 2 Likes   #91313
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Poor thing was just tryin’ to tell ya it’d prefer to live with you, its owner didn’t understand it and how much it preferred your pad. Ya shoulda been flattered!
I like dogs, really, I do.

But those yappy little ankle biters are a waste of dog food.

Funny thing was the neighbors accused me of doing something to their mutt. I told them the eagle beat me to it.
08-05-2021, 06:33 PM - 2 Likes   #91314
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Just windows and two walkout basement doors, not doors for the whole house.
Our savings came from going with a local guy, no middlemen like salesmen etc. Bids we got from large companies were over $8K for 8 replacement windows only.
My house has 22 windows, 2 French doors upstairs, two regular doors on the back of the main floor, an entrance door with side lites on the front, and a commercial steel door cut down to half height on the west basement wall for emergency egress. All the exterior door except the one in the basement have windows.

There are 9 interior doors, all the widest available without special order.

I designed the house with mobility in mind, wide doors, wide halls and stairways (4 feet). The shower in both bathrooms has a low threshold, and the toilet in the guest bathroom has a higher than normal rim and seat to make it easier for old and stiff people to use.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 08-08-2021 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Stoopit spellchecker.
08-05-2021, 09:50 PM   #91315
Pentaxian

When I would be out and about on the prairie like terrain east of CO Springs, the middle of the country road worked for me.
You could see for miles in each direction, and traffic is very light.

I do that sometimes. Go down a farm backroad off the highway, and use the vehicle to cover my immodesty. I find our new vehicle, a large Chevy SUV does a lot better at 'shielding' me, than our lower and smaller sedans did. Score another advantage for having a large SUV !

You're right, that is one cool ride!
I like the looks of this off road Morgan and this job looks like a very heavy duty version of the Morgan. It would be just the thing for me, to have one, to drive down to the corner store and grab a pack of smokes...well, that is if I smoked, which I don't.
08-05-2021, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #91316
Pentaxian

I like dogs, really, I do.

But those yappy little ankle biters are a waste of dog food.

Funny thing was the neighbors accused me of doing something to their mutt. I told them the eagle beat me to it.
I do like my daughter's dog. He's a Siberian Husky/ Greyhound mix, plus who knows what else in his DNA. He's big, loyal, can pull my arm out of it's socket in a tug of war. Although now, I just throw the tennis ball for him. Given my new , made of assorted medical parts, right shoulder, I can't afford to have him yank it out.
08-05-2021, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #91317
Pentaxian

That's a good sized canine.

Been a while since he was taken.
He was that. Not what you would call an ankle biter, although he may have done some ankle bitin' in his time. I would think you would feel it though.

It has been awhile. Nine years, How time does fly. Didn't think it was that long ago.
08-06-2021, 04:36 AM - 6 Likes   #91318
Veteran Member

08-06-2021, 06:20 AM - 3 Likes   #91319
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

and the toilet in the guest bathroom has a higher than normal rim and seat to make it easier for old and stiff people to use.
We are old and stiff so we had our toilet replaced with one of those about a month ago.
I'm having my right knee replaced Monday so I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more then.
08-06-2021, 07:16 AM - 3 Likes   #91320
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'm having my right knee replaced Monday
Hoping for a smooth surgery and fast healing, Steve Austin.