Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2021, 03:01 PM - 6 Likes   #92896
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
According to sources...apparently some on the film crew, had been using the gun for plinking...target practice...shooting at cans...before the scene. Here are the details.
Un!@#$%^&*(believable!
In my mind this elevates it from dumbassery to criminal negligence.

10-27-2021, 02:05 AM - 2 Likes   #92897
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

According to sources...apparently some on the film crew, had been using the gun for plinking...target practice...shooting at cans...before the scene. Here are the details.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/26/rust-crew-used-alec-baldwins-prop-gun-for-plinking/
I wonder if there even was an armourer on set if the report is correct; that’s a horrible lesson in firearm safety. There was a house blew up recently less than a mile from me and a gas leak is the very likely cause. Four people are in hospital, but I’m sure every gas engineer in the area is rethinking safety practice now. I work with gas too and it’s a hideous reminder of what can go wrong if we don’t do our job.
10-27-2021, 02:50 AM   #92898
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same thing happened in NZ not long ago. Whole house reduced to rubble with several neighboring houses severely damaged. Luckily, the occupants only received superficial wounds.
10-27-2021, 05:40 AM - 6 Likes   #92899
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
I have gas. Everyone has gas. I think humans are the second largest emitters of methane after cattle.

Mine smells like bacon.

10-27-2021, 06:38 AM - 5 Likes   #92900
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I have gas. Everyone has gas. I think humans are the second largest emitters of methane after cattle.

Mine smells like bacon.
Stay away from open fire, Racer. A spark could be enough.
10-27-2021, 07:46 AM - 5 Likes   #92901
Veteran Member

Mine smells like bacon.
So does Peppa's.

10-27-2021, 07:58 AM   #92902
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I wonder if there even was an armourer on set if the report is correct; that’s a horrible lesson in firearm safety. There was a house blew up recently less than a mile from me and a gas leak is the very likely cause. Four people are in hospital, but I’m sure every gas engineer in the area is rethinking safety practice now. I work with gas too and it’s a hideous reminder of what can go wrong if we don’t do our job.
I believe there was an armorer.

10-27-2021, 10:25 AM - 4 Likes   #92903
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine smells like bacon.
The odourless components of human flatus make up 99% by volume so Racer eats a lot of bacon, which is as it should be . The house that went bang (we heard it) was unoccupied - the occupant works offshore - and the casualties were in the next house in the block of four. Children playing nearby were knocked off their feet by the blast, then found debris raining all around them. Fortunately none of them were hurt.

Methane is explosive between 5% and 15% in air, so that would be an awful lot of farting for an absentee tenant. Individual gas generation on such a scale I’m sure is medically significant. If you find yourself slightly lighter than air without the assistance of alcohol, please seek professional help.
10-27-2021, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #92904
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you find yourself slightly lighter than air without the assistance of alcohol, .............
That would make for cheap air travel!
10-27-2021, 10:45 PM   #92905
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Same thing happened in NZ not long ago. Whole house reduced to rubble with several neighboring houses severely damaged. Luckily, the occupants only received superficial wounds.
It happens fairly often here in UK.

I find it a problem here that the quality of trade work is very poor. It seems like either the tradies do not care, or anyone who wants to can advertise themselves as as tradie. The result is poor quality work that owners of property get.
10-27-2021, 10:48 PM   #92906
Pentaxian

I believe there was an armorer.
There was someone called the armourer. They seem of doubtful ability.
10-27-2021, 10:50 PM - 3 Likes   #92907
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
That would make for cheap air travel!
It would put Racer’s boss out of business.
10-27-2021, 11:05 PM - 2 Likes   #92908
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
It happens fairly often here in UK.

I find it a problem here that the quality of trade work is very poor. It seems like either the tradies do not care, or anyone who wants to can advertise themselves as as tradie. The result is poor quality work that owners of property get.
Yes, you can hardly drive anywhere without a building blowing up and blocking your route.

It’s actually illegal here to work on gas supplies, equipment or appliances without being trained and qualified to do so. Moreover, liability rests with the last individual to work on an installation - if I leave a job in a dangerous state and there are consequences, I am the poor stiff in the dock once the dust settles. My employer is in trouble too, but the buck will stop with me.

So if you get someone to do gas work for you - doesn’t matter how minor - check the “tradie” is qualified and registered. He’ll have a photo ID card listing what work he’s allowed to do. These are reissued every year and he gets reassessed every five years. Mine is due for reassessment next spring.

Don’t just take his word for it, however good a pal he is.
10-28-2021, 12:56 AM - 1 Like   #92909
Pentaxian

Yes, you can hardly drive anywhere without a building blowing up and blocking your route.

It’s actually illegal here to work on gas supplies, equipment or appliances without being trained and qualified to do so. Moreover, liability rests with the last individual to work on an installation - if I leave a job in a dangerous state and there are consequences, I am the poor stiff in the dock once the dust settles. My employer is in trouble too, but the buck will stop with me.

So if you get someone to do gas work for you - doesn’t matter how minor - check the “tradie” is qualified and registered. He’ll have a photo ID card listing what work he’s allowed to do. These are reissued every year and he gets reassessed every five years. Mine is due for reassessment next spring.

Don’t just take his word for it, however good a pal he is.
Just wait until we have hydrogen
https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/hydrogen-in-the-home-would-be...rt/2-1-1047218

10-28-2021, 01:39 AM - 1 Like   #92910
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Yeah, I can hardly wait. The risk with hydrogen is the explosive limits are very wide. Propane is explosive from 2% to 10% in air while hydrogen goes bang between 18% and 59% depending on which source you read. Unlike propane, hydrogen is much lighter than air and disperses easily with ventilation: propane is heavier than air and lies in low-level areas with or without ventilation. Propane still scares the willies outta me.