Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2021, 09:01 AM - 2 Likes   #93556
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Last Monday after mom and I went to court to file the vulnerable adult restraining order against my younger brother I took her to lunch, again, for sushi. She had some grilled chicken.

I also see the sushi master knows of the livE hociR, and knows that Godzilla will save Tokyo.
I see you photobombed your own photo.

11-27-2021, 09:22 AM - 4 Likes   #93557
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Mirrors!

At least I know I'm not a vampire, eh?
11-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #93558
Pentaxian

Shortly after which the phrase "the best invention since sliced bread" was coined.
I can see why a bread slicer was such a good thing. Now I'm no great hand with a knife, but slicing a loaf of white bread is not the easiest thing to do, at least for me. Rye bread, pumpernickel etc...not an issue as I find these breads having much less of a squishy factor. My wife had a very good bread German made knife, a J.A. Henckels.

She can make that knife 'sing' even with white bread.

Years ago, there was a restaurant chain, maybe bonanza, I think that introduced 'Texas Toast...real thick piece of toasted white bread. I liked that, when I was in my 20's. Now I'm a rye man...rye bread that is.
11-27-2021, 10:20 AM - 1 Like   #93559
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I can see why a bread slicer was such a good thing. Now I'm no great hand with a knife, but slicing a loaf of white bread is not the easiest thing to do, at least for me. Rye bread, pumpernickel etc...not an issue as I find these breads having much less of a squishy factor. My wife had a very good bread German made knife, a J.A. Henckels.

She can make that knife 'sing' even with white bread.

Years ago, there was a restaurant chain, maybe bonanza, I think that introduced 'Texas Toast...real thick piece of toasted white bread. I liked that, when I was in my 20's. Now I'm a rye man...rye bread that is.
Good, not a wry man.

11-27-2021, 11:14 AM   #93560
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Now I'm a rye man...rye bread that is.
Speaking of rye, I just saw a commercial for this: Johnnie Walker High Rye | Johnnie Walker
I'm not sure what to think of it. It's intriguing but OTOH, it seems like an abomination. My curiosity may eventually get the better of me.
11-27-2021, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #93561
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Good, not a wry man.
My wife says I'm a 'wry' man too.
11-27-2021, 11:24 AM - 2 Likes   #93562
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Speaking of rye, I just saw a commercial for this: Johnnie Walker High Rye | Johnnie Walker
I'm not sure what to think of it. It's intriguing but OTOH, it seems like an abomination. My curiosity may eventually get the better of me.
There's only one way to find out....

I wonder if it comes in those small 'sampler' bottles, like they have/had in airliners and hotel rooms..or failing that, perhaps a 'mickey' size.

Mickey is old Canadian slang for a small 375 ml (12.6 ounces) bottle of hard liquor, usually rye.

11-27-2021, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #93563
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I lived for while in a rooming house in Ottawa down on Waverly Street back in the early 70s.
Rooming house living. I lived in one for part of '69/'70 , in Edmonton. There were 14 guys living there, along with a nice older woman and her young son. Some of the fellows worked on the oil rigs and would rent their room , just using it, when they came in for days off the oil rig.

There was me, another guy who was a funeral director in training, a CA student . Most of the time there was only abut 8-9 boarders there, as the rest were oil rig workers. It was an interesting experience, had a lot of fun, but had to keep track of the time....as the rooming house lady would lock the doors @ 11 PM. I didn't want to sleep in my car ('69 VW Beetle)...so I was pretty good at getting in on time.
11-27-2021, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #93564
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

When I see the word high, and the green on the label, I am drawn to think of Mary J, but no mention of it on the website.

But with so many of the states legalizing recreational use, and our dear neighbors up north in Canuckistan, who knows?
11-27-2021, 04:31 PM - 1 Like   #93565
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, and what I should have said was, “Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain!”
11-27-2021, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #93566
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Rye whiskey is a pleasant occasional change up to other whiskeys. Recently purchased a smaller 1L good but not great bottle.
11-27-2021, 07:19 PM - 3 Likes   #93567
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Been trying to get mom's motorhome started so I can move it to my place while this stuff with my younger brother settles down. It has a no start condition, cranks, coughs and fires, but won't run. Classic failed fuel pump.

After eliminating any other causes, clogged fuel filter (doesn't have one, only a screen, in the tank), empty tank (I pumped 35 gallons of gas out of it), I pulled the tank, and today put a new pump in it.

In the pouring rain.

At 40 degrees F.

Still, no joy.

I spent the rest of the day going over everything, again, in the cold rain.

I left my house in the dark this morning.

Drove the one hour drive to mom's place.

Got soaked to the bone.

Drove home in the dark.

Took off my wet clothes, threw them in the washing machine, then threw my cold, wet bones in a hot shower.

Mrs. Racer brought me a shot of this:

I'm on my third one now, after some leftover Turkey Day grub.

I'm almost warm again.

I think I will have that dang motorhome towed to the Chevy dealer and let them fix it.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-28-2021 at 09:32 AM.
11-27-2021, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #93568
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Been trying to get mom's motorhome started so I can move it to my place while this stuff with my younger brother settles down. It has a no start condition, cranks, coughs and fires, but won't run. Classic failed fuel pump.

After eliminating any other causes, clogged fuel filter (doesn't have one, only a screen, in the tank), empty tank (I pumped 35 gallons of gas out of it), I pulled the tank, and today put a new pump in it.

In the pouring rain.

At 40 degrees F.

Still, no joy.

I spent the rest of the day going over everything, again, in the cold rain.

I left my house in the dark this morning.

Drove the one hour drive to mom's place.

Got soaked to the bone.

Drove home in the dark.

Took off my wet clothes, threw them in the washing machine, then threw my cold, wet bones in a hot shower.

Mrs. Racer brought me a shot of this:

I'm on my third one now, after some leftover Turkey Day grub.

I'm almost warm again.

I think I will have that dang motorhome to the Chevy dealer and let them fix it.
Guessing you either put some starter fluid in through the air intake and had it go 'bang' to confirm a lack of fuel, or disconnected the fuel line on the engine end, turned the key to see if the pump pressurized? Or maybe checked the fuse for the fuel pump?

I know, I know, advise from a backyard mechanic to a master mechanic... But sometimes it is the simplest things.
11-28-2021, 01:19 AM - 2 Likes   #93569
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Guessing you either put some starter fluid in through the air intake and had it go 'bang' to confirm a lack of fuel….
What, the tequila??? Must be cask strength stuff!
11-28-2021, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #93570
Veteran Member

Last Monday after mom and I went to court to file the vulnerable adult restraining order against my younger brother I took her to lunch, again, for sushi. She had some grilled chicken.

I also see the sushi master knows of the livE hociR, and knows that Godzilla will save Tokyo.
The moustache certainly makes most others look paltry in comparison.