Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2022, 09:56 AM - 4 Likes   #98791
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
They did fart, but 90,000,000 isn't a whole lot compared to the roughly 1 billion domesticated cattle we currently keep (and another 1 billion sheep and three quarters of a billion pigs). Domesticated animals account for about 60 % of all mammals in the world, and humans about 36 % - which means wild mammals make up a whopping 4 %.
So what we really need to do is get rid of the cattle, sheep, goats and pigs, become strict vegetarians, and keep our huge appetite for fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine.

Of course strict vegetarians are among the gassiest animals I have ever encountered. Man do they fart.

11-24-2022, 10:21 AM - 2 Likes   #98792
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Happy Turkey day folks!
11-24-2022, 10:56 AM - 4 Likes   #98793
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Of course strict vegetarians are among the gassiest animals I have ever encountered.
That's why I'm a staunch supporter of P.E.T.A. (People Eating Tasty Animals)
11-24-2022, 11:01 AM   #98794
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Me too.

I really like elk.

Unfortunately I never get enough of it.

11-24-2022, 12:17 PM - 3 Likes   #98795
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I understand some vegetablists self-combust or even detonate at such sentiments: all the more reason to keep them in mind, I say.

Happy Thanksgiving, you colonials, have a great day with family, friends and edible poultry. Gobble gobble!
11-24-2022, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #98796
Pentaxian

So that is what PETA stands for...well then, I can support that ! If I can only find my cheque book, I'd rip off a check to them right now.
11-24-2022, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #98797
Pentaxian

So what we really need to do is get rid of the cattle, sheep, goats and pigs, become strict vegetarians, and keep our huge appetite for fossil fuels and the internal combustion engine.

Of course strict vegetarians are among the gassiest animals I have ever encountered. Man do they fart.
Good point Racer.

Methinks....we need to add strict vegetarians to the list of excessive methane producers such as cattle, sheep, goats and pigs..... I must add...I'm just joking, just joking....

11-24-2022, 02:46 PM   #98798
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
There's always some truth in jokes.

BACON
11-24-2022, 04:14 PM   #98799
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

A good balanced diet is key to a harmonious digestive tract.

As a matter of fact, we’ve had a reasonably balanced diet today. Coffee at breakfast, toasted English muffin with peanut butter.

I then baked my world famous German chocolate birthday cake, using chocolate brownie mix adjusted for a more fluffy, cake like texture. Then I took another cup of coffee out to the shop and continued the dissection of Eddie. Got both hubs gutted and removed, removed the hubs and drove the studs out to remove the brake rotors, removed the spindles from the steering knuckles.

At the point pictured below I returned to house to pull the cake layers from the pans and assemble the cake. Using coconut pecan caramel frosting I spread some to hold the bottom and top layers together, then spread another layer on top.

Helped Mrs. Racer and her brother (who came up to visit for the holiday) get dinner stuff ready, then grabbed a quick shave and shower, finishing just in time to plate up some dinner.

Turkey breast, gravy, roasted squash, roasted carrots, green olives, black olives, crushed cranberries in sauce, bread and butter pickles.

After dinner I sliced off some cake, added a couple scoops of butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

Yes, a very balanced diet.

And now, back to The dissection of Eddie.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
11-24-2022, 04:16 PM - 3 Likes   #98800
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, and to finish off the break from working on Eddie, I’m having a shot.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
11-24-2022, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #98801
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A good balanced diet is key to a harmonious digestive tract.

As a matter of fact, we’ve had a reasonably balanced diet today. Coffee at breakfast, toasted English muffin with peanut butter.

I then baked my world famous German chocolate birthday cake, using chocolate brownie mix adjusted for a more fluffy, cake like texture. Then I took another cup of coffee out to the shop and continued the dissection of Eddie. Got both hubs gutted and removed, removed the hubs and drove the studs out to remove the brake rotors, removed the spindles from the steering knuckles.

At the point pictured below I returned to house to pull the cake layers from the pans and assemble the cake. Using coconut pecan caramel frosting I spread some to hold the bottom and top layers together, then spread another layer on top.

Helped Mrs. Racer and her brother (who came up to visit for the holiday) get dinner stuff ready, then grabbed a quick shave and shower, finishing just in time to plate up some dinner.

Turkey breast, gravy, roasted squash, roasted carrots, green olives, black olives, crushed cranberries in sauce, bread and butter pickles.

After dinner I sliced off some cake, added a couple scoops of butter pecan ice cream for dessert.

Yes, a very balanced diet.

And now, back to The dissection of Eddie.
Sounds lovely. So long as you kept the gear oil out of the cake!
11-24-2022, 08:44 PM - 2 Likes   #98802
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Sounds lovely. So long as you kept the gear oil out of the cake!
No gear oil yet, I’m still working on wheel ends.

Had to take a break. The left lower ball joint nut is being stubborn, and the right axle didn’t want to pull out, so I headed into the house for a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and searched the F150 forum for answers.

Also had some more of my world famous German chocolate cake.

And now, back to the shop with my newfound tips and tricks.
11-25-2022, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #98803
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Tips and tricks ........ mmmmmmm .... need a bigger hammer .....

BACON
11-25-2022, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #98804
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, while that would work it's both unrealistic and unnecessary. If we just stopped throwing perfectly good food in the bin we wouldn't really have a problem at all. Also totally unrealistic, of course. We have our true and trusted way of facing uncomfortable issues: ignore it and think happy thoughts.

QuoteQuote:
Nah, even the hardiest lentil eater is near fartless compared to the average cow.

But there's a reason we (that is, people with some years on our backs) are called "old farts"
11-25-2022, 06:28 AM - 2 Likes   #98805
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great video about hunting for and preparing wild vegetables.