Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2015, 06:16 PM   #13681
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Sounds a bit like someone around this house. Often in error but seldom in doubt.
Why, there's also one in our house

01-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #13682
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yep. Small world, innit?
01-19-2015, 07:16 PM   #13683
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep. Small world, innit?
What? It is the same one at every house?
01-19-2015, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #13684
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
They're all connected via another dimension.

01-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #13685
Pentaxian

No! Obviously all in the same house!
01-19-2015, 10:14 PM   #13686
Veteran Member

And in rare cases of serious, passionate arguments, my wife is also trained to display that teary-eyed look, then when I, feeling guilty and all, decides to admit every Adam's fault from the garden of Eden to crucifixion just to end the argument, she'd decide to cry anyway! Oh, que horror!
01-20-2015, 02:12 AM   #13687
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep, Santa's sister.

01-20-2015, 02:39 AM   #13688
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Santa's sister.
Could not be Santa's sister: I had to buy my own Siggy 150-500

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 08:41 PM ----------

On the food front, nobody has even mentioned...
01-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #13689
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

She's not working in the Gift Department. She's in the Department of Certain Knowledge and Failsafe Illogic.

QuoteQuote:
Ah, we did get duck several times in Madagascar. I prefer bacon, though.
01-20-2015, 04:44 AM   #13690
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Two questions: "Where?" and "Why?!"
It's a photo caption contest by Sigma Deutschland on FB ... saw it through a French photo magazine FB post!

https://www.facebook.com/SIGMAFoto?fref=photo

---------- Post added 01-20-15 at 12:46 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Sounds a bit like someone around this house. Often in error but seldom in doubt.
"Ditto" as the French would say ...
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #13691
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

To get us back on track; another reason for not buying a K-3 (as if we needed more reasons!), here's a blog post proving what we already know - that the right gear is everything!

And that what's printed on the back of your camera is more important than anything else, of course.

Wedding shot with the best umm the most versatile a "camera"!

Yeah, I know the post not exactly a new, but hey, neither is this thread!
01-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #13692
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heads up people in US: New Hampshire Lottery Releases Bacon-Scented Scratch Ticket

That will definitely keep my money away from hociR.
01-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #13693

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Heads up people in US
To promote the new ticket, bacon trucks will visit various locations in the state, handing out free samples of applewood smoked bacon as well as offering lottery tickets.

The lottery here in the UK, Camelot (boring lot), never do good stuff like that
01-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #13694
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I feel the need to go and visit the in-laws, free bacon while buying scratch and sniff tickets.
That right there is a no-brain er...
01-20-2015, 10:34 PM - 1 Like   #13695
Veteran Member

---------- Post added 01-20-2015 at 08:41 PM ----------

That's because I like duckies and I don't eat duckies. :P The rule of thumb is if I like the critter I don't eat it. Chickens are dumb and kind of mean sometimes depending upon the breed so I have no trouble with eating them. I got pecked and chased by chickens once as a kid. No sympathy, laugh. Ditto Turkey. Turkeys can be darned mean. But ducks live all over my neighborhood and they've basically become pets for everyone. Ducks are pretty cool as birds go actually and I enjoy watching the ones we have around here and their little flocks of progeny. I feel the same way about rabbits and squirrels. Too many of them around here for me to be looking at them as food animals, particularly the rabbits. Rabbits look a lot like cats and I've had them around as pets half my life. No way I'm eating one as an adult. My parents did make it for us once as a kid though. I have had it, but only that once. I've also had duck once and it was prepared nicely but I actually didn't care for it much. The meat was too fatty for me compared to chicken and I didn't particularly like the taste. Goose either, when I had that.

When it comes to meat I'm pretty limited in my tastes. I've tried most everything once, but really I only like chicken, turkey, pork, beef, venison, various kinds of fish, and that's about it. I'm not into seeing deer live and walking around though. If I see the deer, deal's off I can't eat it. My Dad brought a deer home in front of me once. I was very fond of venison till I saw that. Now, not so much though I can eat it if it's just brought home as meat wrapped up in butcher paper. I don't want to see it dressed and hanging though, ever. That's just UGH. I can't handle that. Realistically I know people hunt and I'm not against it so long as it's done humanely and ethically, but I don't want to see dead animals. I can barely handle it when shrimp still have legs on them. I won't cut heads and tails off fish. It's either fish already filleted or forget it. I won't boil lobsters and crabs either. I'll eat them, but I prefer the meat stacked on a plate or used in some dish. I don't like looking at eyes and legs and stuff like that.

I went to a pit BBQ once. I was kind of grossed out with that actually, seeing the roasted pig on a table with an apple in it's mouth. It took me a while but after a while I managed to eat some and it was good, but I did my best to avoid looking over towards the pig again. There's not much that can turn me off pork. Pork is by far one of my favorite meats, particularly ham and bacon but that almost did. Mostly I like beef, chicken, and pork plus shrimp and several kinds of fish, the odd bowl of venison stew is okay, but I'm kind of fussy about my food otherwise, at least in terms of meat. I won't eat lamb, goat, rabbit, duck, goose, gator, snake, squirrel, frogs, etc. Most of them I've honestly tried once and didn't like them much anyway so it's no big loss to me. About the only thing on that entire list that I actually liked was the rabbit and that I can live without. I just like rabbits a little too much to be going there. You might as well put a cat or a dog in front of me. I just, can't....

No, I can't just go vegan. There are so many things in a vegan/vegetarian diet I can't eat it just doesn't work and besides which I can't absorb iron well except from meat, as in BEEF. It's just not a diet that works for me at all. Been there, done that, with a nutritionist directing the whole thing. I just didn't do well on it. Turns out I quit eating beef and I get pretty darned sick. I have been known to literally sleepwalk to the fridge and eat it RAW if my iron level gets bad enough. The first time that happened my Mom was completely nonplussed. She had put a few big sirloin steaks in there for Sunday dinner, a rare treat for us because she hardly ever cooked. She walked out into the kitchen at like 3AM to get some water and there I was totally oblivious, physically asleep with a steak in my hand ripping off strips of raw, bloody beef with my teeth. It was like a scene straight out of some old zombie movie.

No, iron pills did not work. It's just one of those freaky genetic quirk things. I have to have nearly raw beef at least 2-3X a week, and lots of it, or I will get anemia and be sick. I eat a lot of rare roast beef sandwiches and I'll have steak at least 3-4X a month, shrug. If I do that I'm fine. If I don't? I get sick as heck within a very short time. I've had people argue the vegan thing with me so many times, but I am proof positive that some people are just not natural herbivores. I definitely have carnivore, set up in my DNA sequence somewhere! I can eat fruit, veggies and that, some of them and I like them, but rare meat, that is the must have thing for me in terms of my dietary needs. I cannot just do without it. I am very picky about what meat though. I won't eat just anything...

---------- Post added 01-21-15 at 01:09 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
To get us back on track; another reason for not buying a K-3 (as if we needed more reasons!), here's a blog post proving what we already know - that the right gear is everything!

And that what's printed on the back of your camera is more important than anything else, of course.

Wedding shot with the best umm the most versatile a "camera"!

Yeah, I know the post not exactly a new, but hey, neither is this thread!
Nikon D3S and cell phone, so much for "whatever" on the choice of camera. She's sitting there telling her students that she can get decent photos even from a cell phone, and supposedly shooting a wedding with one to prove it, but if you read the whole thing she backed it up with a Nikon D3S. She's SO proud of herself for these shots. Uh yeah, I would be too if I was shooting most of it with a DSLR. Yeah, you probably can get a few decent shots with a decent cell phone if you're well trained in the basics of photography but to me this "lesson" is a total fail because she obviously didn't trust that she would otherwise she'd have left the Nikon at home...

Last edited by magkelly; 01-20-2015 at 10:55 PM.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »