Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM   #2641
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I majored in English and History. Never got me anywhere until I figured out what the Finance people were talking about. Well, not exactly; they do talk in code in hopes that we mere mortals will shy away as a Dachshund should from a Mastiff.
(Someone had to tie these two concepts together)
I majored in English, I married an Historian and I work I Finance. Go figure.

I can't figure it out either, so we made Grilled Cheese sandwiches for dinner and we're watching a documentary about Bob Dylan.

01-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #2642
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So am I to understand that a Dachshund is gluten-free?

How does that promote the utility of this thread?
01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #2643
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Gluten free is a new topic on this thread. Are you willing to risk introducing it? Gluten does not exist in animal flesh. The advertising of bacon treats as "gluten free" preys upon our fears that somehow nefarious and nebulous distractors are polluting our survival snacks. Gluten, schmuten, give me some bacon!
I thought I'd tossed it out before, during an ale discussion. Ah well, I'd prefer not to 'invest' the time seeking it but it's good to see another g-free snack option. I'm about to move rather far from any natural-food stores, and they have been reawakening my old habits with beer, oreo clones and choco-chip cookies. I've managed fine with bacon, though I should be cautions with cheese consumption. Note that I said I should be cautious, not that I am

And I still haven't bought a k3, though a bacon-colour K50 might hold some appeal...
01-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #2644
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I love vegetarians. They're delicious!

(Cows are vegetarians...)

Hey, I'm a vegetarian? Does that mean that I'm a cow? I don't give milk, though, so I'm not in the cheese food-chain until,the very end.....

Also, the adjective you're looking for when describing me is "delightful" and not "delicious". ....

01-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #2645
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I give you an E for effort.

So, the scale that we're grading by is:

A - Abhorrent
B - Bad
C - Convenable
D - Decent
E - Excellent
F - Fantastic

Yes?
01-04-2014, 09:24 PM   #2646

Dogs love bacon and cheese. My cats, on the other hand, love mice. Mice love cheese. Ergo, this thread is going to the dogs. And cats.
If I feed our bulldog cheese, it's farts can strip gloss paint......

I did once feed the pugs jalapeno pepper and cheese pizza. Luckily I went away on business for three days but the poo odour was still in the air when I got home. The wife still hasn't forgiven me for that one.

01-04-2014, 10:19 PM   #2647
Veteran Member

Dogs will eat anything. After two Labs and two Springers, I have data. But jalapeņo peppers were always safe. My chocolate lab once ate a two pound rump roast thawing on the counter. Both Springers were butter hounds. You get it I'm sure. But to get back on topic here, cheese was the one human food that all my dogs have loved. They preferred aged Chilton cheddar.

Dick

01-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #2648
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
" It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!" - Norm
01-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #2649
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We had French toast stuffed with cream cheese and homemade three fruit marmalade for breakfast.

And even though bacon is now banned, we also had bacon. Apparently two strips got lost in the freezer and just surfaced.

So it was a very good day, bacon and cheese-wise.

On the dog front I am quite partial to Australian Shepherds, they are not happy unless they are working.
01-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #2650

The Pentax K-3 Cheese Problem:

I certainly does not want to discombobulate anybody - but for some inexplicable reason I've lately begun perceiving my new Pentax K-3 Silver Edition as being mainly made of Gouda cheese - and as I think Gouda is really doozy, I now have become silly and embarassing divided: should I eat it or not? This urge may occur ONLY due to the delicious cheesy colour of the Pentax K-3 Silver Edition - but as I said, I'm not quite sure why this peckish urge has occured in the last couple of weeks...

Now, I'm a little nervous about the various implications of this new aspect of my relation with this new camera - gastronomical, economical, digestibility, my image, world peace, etc. - also because I've begun to place it in the fridge when not in use. It resides between the ketchup-bottle and the french goat cheese for fast and convinient access - and of course also for macrosmatic reasons.

I'm also nervous that my cat should eat my goudy K-3, by the way - as my cat is a bit like this one:

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 01-05-2014 at 04:59 AM.
01-05-2014, 03:25 AM   #2651
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
So am I to understand that a Dachshund is gluten-free?

How does that promote the utility of this thread?
It exists, therefore it does.
01-05-2014, 05:02 AM   #2652
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"On the dog front I am quite partial to Australian Shepherds, they are not happy unless they are working"
I'm not familiar with Australia Shepherds.
The two most distinctive Australian working dog breeds are the Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler) and the best sheep dog of all, the Kelpie.
Watching Kelpies working is a joy to behold.
I had a 100% Kelpie once - mother was 50% and father was 50% (!!!!)
01-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #2653
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
There's nowhere else to put this now that General Talk is closed.

Why I'm glad my daughters majored in English - and that we take photographs (it applies to us as well).
QuoteQuote:
I majored in English and History. Never got me anywhere until I figured out what the Finance people were talking about. Well, not exactly; they do talk in code in hopes that we mere mortals will shy away as a Dachshund should from a Mastiff.
(Someone had to tie these two concepts together)
QuoteQuote:
I majored in English, I married an Historian and I work I Finance. Go figure.
I was an English major as well... went into programming, and now maintain my employability by doing all the finance stuff nobody else in their right mind (non accountants, that is) would do.

Should our dogs keep cats, our smaller dog would keep them for the 'snacks' they deposit in cat pans and in the garden, while the larger dog would keep them for the cat food he can steal off the table. Our cats keep the dogs because the smaller one is a mother figure for several of them, and the bigger one chases away all the strange kitties that come into the yard.

When we had our Akita, by the way, it was amazing how many small dogs would become so irritated and irrational as to cross the street to attack him. He'd use his head to simply sweep them down. It really didn't matter the size of the small dog: he did the same thing to a Doberman. This also is why I won't buy a K-3.
01-05-2014, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #2654
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gluten free is a new topic on this thread. Are you willing to risk introducing it? Gluten does not exist in animal flesh. The advertising of bacon treats as "gluten free" preys upon our fears that somehow nefarious and nebulous distractors are polluting our survival snacks. Gluten, schmuten, give me some bacon!
I took some black tape and fixed that gluten problem

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 11-11-2014 at 05:44 PM.
01-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #2655
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
I took some black tape and fixed that gluten problem
Did that improve the flavor as much as properly applied tape improves the K -3's performance?

(Just funnin' ya, Lauren)
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »