Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #2941
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Victory!!!!!

A whole new meme!!! Good for 300 Posts at least!!!

Booyah.

01-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #2942
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
K2 is also a brand of outdoor gear made in Vashon Island, Washington, particularly skis. The people on Vashon exist almost exclusively on Yeti milk. I ski on Salomon and that is another reason why I will not buy a K-3.

Steve

(...have owned several pairs of K2 skis...nice gear...)
I used to ski on K2 gear too, many many years ago... Good stuff My knees won't take it any more, and so I refuse to buy a K3!

Jim
01-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #2943
Site Supporter

Because Ginger is a doxie/sheltie cross, she has a double layered coat like you find on a rough collie or chow. She's loving this weather! She's toasty warm in her well insulated fur coat. I'm loving the extra heat she (& my husband) put out. Between the two of them, I might not freeze to death before this Arctic weather leaves us in another 36 hours or so!
01-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #2944
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peterjcb Quote
...Speaking of Delis....I was born & raised in NY and remember working in a Deli after school from 3-5 PM and my salary was $1.00/day
....talk about child labor laws...

PS...Oh yeah and I was 12 years old.
Hmm, I remember a Zabar's Deli in NYC a few years ago. OK, a whole LOT of years ago. I wonder if its changed much. Probably. They may even sell K-3's, but I'm not going to buy one there. Not even when Spring comes.

01-07-2014, 09:03 PM   #2945
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Because Ginger is a doxie/sheltie cross, she has a double layered coat like you find on a rough collie or chow. She's loving this weather! She's toasty warm in her well insulated fur coat. I'm loving the extra heat she (& my husband) put out. Between the two of them, I might not freeze to death before this Arctic weather leaves us in another 36 hours or so!
it's warming up here(+5f), time to dig out the Hawaiian shirt and flip flops!!
01-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #2946
Pentaxian

Velveeta supplies are running low, can the destruction of Tokyo be far behind?

Snack food crisis in making? Kraft says Velveeta running low

This fact combined with the continuing wombat attack on root and leaves makes non-purchase of a K-3 all the more defensible.

Steve
I go to bed and this is all there is said about cheese ... very disappointing. And absolutely no wine discussion (?!) ... just bagels, yech.

Also, I won't get a K-3 because my B&M store "insulted" me the other day ... well, really I just popped in for something else and quickly asked what would be the "delta" if I were to trade in my K-5 classic (with still 2 years of warranty left on it) for a K-3 ... I mean "insulted" in that my five-year-old could sell my K-5 on French fleabay for almost twice what was offered ... they sited the "Argus" figure (kind of like a "Blue book" used value guide for DSRL's & +) ... really cannot blame them too much as a B&M mutli-small-city-chain-store; they need to make a profit ... but unreasonable is that ... unreasonable. C'est la vie ... gonna shoot my K-5 into the ground ... 100,000 + clicks and the end of 4 years, here we come ... Salut, J
01-07-2014, 10:37 PM   #2947
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I go to bed and this is all there is said about cheese ... very disappointing. And absolutely no wine discussion (?!)
It is my understanding that Velveeta pairs nicely with "Two-Buck Chuck"*.

Steve

* Charles Shaw...cheap California wine

01-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #2948
Pentaxian

It is my understanding that Velveeta pairs nicely with "Two-Buck Chuck"*.

Steve

* Charles Shaw...cheap California wine
Pass ...
01-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #2949
Site Supporter

Pass ...
What? Passing up wine?!?

Wait, does that swill in a box that my mother-in-law drinks count as wine?
01-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #2950
Pentaxian

What? Passing up wine?!?

Wait, does that swill in a box that my mother-in-law drinks count as wine?
Cardboard boxes and good wine do go hand-in-hand ... especially if there's a "push" spout installed at the bottom base of the wine cube ... J ( Now, can we talk about what kind of cheese would go well with a K-3 ... ?)

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 01-08-2014 at 07:20 AM.
01-08-2014, 04:30 AM   #2951
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cardboard boxes and good wine do go hand-in-hand ... especially if there's a "push" spout installed at the bottom base of the wine cube ... J ( Now, can talk about kind of cheese would go well with a K-3 ... ?)
Boursin garlic and herb cheese! Great on crackers and goes well with a moscato or maybe an ice wine!

Yes I have culture when I need it! The rest of the time I watch Red Green!!
01-08-2014, 04:51 AM   #2952
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Shetlands are the sweetest dog created after the flood. Grew up with and always had one until this last dog my boys got from a neighbour. She tries hard but doesn't quite match up.
Our blizzard is still hanging around; don't know if I'll get out the front door this morning. Last night there was a 3 foot drift just outside and I doubt it blew away in the night. We're still going for winds to 110 kph but the are down to 85 - 90 right now.
01-08-2014, 06:06 AM   #2953
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cardboard boxes and good wine do go hand-in-hand ... especially if there's a "push" spout installed at the bottom base of the wine cube ... J ( Now, can talk about kind of cheese would go well with a K-3 ... ?)
What's really great about the cubes is that the bag collapses so you don't have to stop every few swallows to let air in like you do with a bottle.
01-08-2014, 07:41 AM   #2954
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
Shetlands are the sweetest dog created after the flood.
In my book there is a small group at the top. Sheltlands, Border Collies, the right Pembroke (mine was a dope) or Cardigan Welsh Corgis - all fit. Funny these are all cattle dogs.

You might talk me into a Lakeland or Welsh Terrier but I just wouldn't want the constant battle for supremacy.
01-08-2014, 08:45 AM   #2955
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What's really great about the cubes is that the bag collapses so you don't have to stop every few swallows to let air in like you do with a bottle.
Good point, well noted ... so, y'all wine "cubes", here I cometh ... hope that it'll fit in the frig J