Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2014, 04:37 AM   #3841
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
I think I lost the thread of this thread somewhere around post 1377, something about world domination.
The year Takuma conquered Godzilla in a best 2 out of 3 falls match, and went on to found a legendary line of glass, one that the parent company eventually re-branded after itself. Yes, there is some Karma in this Ghia Pet....

01-26-2014, 04:43 AM   #3842
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Great capture. Did the critter taste like bacon?
Bear the Akita Dog thought so. I recalled the admonition of John Lennon, and made art not bacon out of the critter. Shows just how deluded I was... or stoned, I dunno, as you can see Possum Bacon can be hallucinogenic, depending on length of asphalt curing.

And that's why I won't buy a K-3
01-26-2014, 05:08 AM   #3843
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Am I the only one who thinks tail chops of crocodile taste like pork chops?

Anyway, that's reason enough for me not to buy a K-3.
01-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #3844
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Am I the only one who thinks tail chops of crocodile taste like pork chops?

Anyway, that's reason enough for me not to buy a K-3.
Rattlesnake tastes like chicken when it's fried ... add another reason not get a K-3 ... no exotic animal meat recipes in the "MENU" section, nor SPAM recipes either ... C'est nul !!! J

01-26-2014, 05:35 AM   #3845
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Bear the Akita Dog thought so. I recalled the admonition of John Lennon, and made art not bacon out of the critter. Shows just how deluded I was... or stoned, I dunno, as you can see Possum Bacon can be hallucinogenic, depending on length of asphalt curing. ...
Ahhhh ... that brings back a lot of childhood memories ... images that are not in the "wallpaper" LCD screen tool of the "MENU" section of the K-3 ... no go, no buy!
01-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #3846
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
as you can see Possum Bacon can be hallucinogenic, depending on length of asphalt curing.
Another child of Woodstock?? Or is that a Purple Possum Haze!!
01-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #3847
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whoa--flashback! I won't buy a K-3 'cause I'm soooooo wasted. <he he he he>

01-26-2014, 08:08 AM   #3848
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Bear the Akita Dog thought so. I recalled the admonition of John Lennon, and made art not bacon out of the critter. Shows just how deluded I was... or stoned, I dunno, as you can see Possum Bacon can be hallucinogenic, depending on length of asphalt curing.

And that's why I won't buy a K-3
Very nice possum abstracts Nesster!

Since I am spending so much time browsing your Flickr gallery I have no time to go out and buy a K3.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 01-26-2014 at 09:47 AM.
01-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #3849
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If you can remember the Sixties you weren't there.
01-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #3850
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Possum presents as road kill. Road kill of other species offer an entire new universe for smoked meat, I.e. bacon. Although I have read that road kill armadillos in Texas should be shunned because of a wierd disease they harbor.

I have never seen a road killed crow and they use rural highways as their supermarket.
I travel a lot in my work. As such I see lots of roadkill, in fact I am responsible for some of it.

Bambi committed suicide on the front of my truck out in Wyoming a few years back. Many people said I should have harvested the backstrap from her. There wasn't enough left to harvest, as she exploded like a water balloon. This encounter with nature resulted in over $5,000 of damage to the truck and had me sitting in a motel room out in Buffalo, Wyoming for several days.

The frontal surfaces of my truck(s) have served as the terminus of the existence of literally hundreds of birds, including a crow or two, and once even a raven (a cousin of the crow). The crows and ravens usually expire as they are trying to get out of the way of my truck as I try to straddle the delicious remains they are munching on.

Oh, I also have hit a red tailed hawk and and owl, and once came so close to a bald eagle that he dirtied my windshield in an effort to lighten his load and escape an untimely demise.

On US-54 near Nara Vista, New Mexico I came close to running over a rattlesnake that was about 10 feet long. As I passed by it the thing struck at the tires on my trailer, and experience that ended his life.

Down in Louisiana I have come close to squishing an alligator or two, but each time they have been spared to continue on in search of chickens, dogs and small children.

And of course I have eliminated many possum from the gene pool. But there is rarely much left. When the tire of a big truck rolls over something that small, it doesn't leave much more than a grease stain on the pavement.

There have been many other deaths along the way, but traveling along at the speeds one does on the interstate many times it is merely a flash of fur or feathers, and the thrashing of a rapidly diminishing creature can be seen in the mirror.

I guess when a person drives more than 130,000 miles in a year much carnage will ensue.
01-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #3851
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TinaS Quote
Again, I show up after several days, and can only stop and shake my head. I don't know whether to turn and walk back out the door or wait to see what happens next. Possum? What, did we run out of cheese?
Maybe someone should create a daily synopsis of this busy thread?
01-26-2014, 08:51 AM   #3852
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
If you can remember the Sixties you weren't there.
About all I can remember is someone reaching my way with something and saying, "Ear!"

*cough!* *cough!*
01-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #3853
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I travel a lot in my work. As such I see lots of roadkill, in fact I am responsible for some of it.

Bambi committed suicide on the front of my truck out in Wyoming a few years back. Many people said I should have harvested the backstrap from her. There wasn't enough left to harvest, as she exploded like a water balloon. This encounter with nature resulted in over $5,000 of damage to the truck and had me sitting in a motel room out in Buffalo, Wyoming for several days.

The frontal surfaces of my truck(s) have served as the terminus of the existence of literally hundreds of birds, including a crow or two, and once even a raven (a cousin of the crow). The crows and ravens usually expire as they are trying to get out of the way of my truck as I try to straddle the delicious remains they are munching on.

Oh, I also have hit a red tailed hawk and and owl, and once came so close to a bald eagle that he dirtied my windshield in an effort to lighten his load and escape an untimely demise.

On US-54 near Nara Vista, New Mexico I came close to running over a rattlesnake that was about 10 feet long. As I passed by it the thing struck at the tires on my trailer, and experience that ended his life.

Down in Louisiana I have come close to squishing an alligator or two, but each time they have been spared to continue on in search of chickens, dogs and small children.

And of course I have eliminated many possum from the gene pool. But there is rarely much left. When the tire of a big truck rolls over something that small, it doesn't leave much more than a grease stain on the pavement.

There have been many other deaths along the way, but traveling along at the speeds one does on the interstate many times it is merely a flash of fur or feathers, and the thrashing of a rapidly diminishing creature can be seen in the mirror.

I guess when a person drives more than 130,000 miles in a year much carnage will ensue.

Sounds like quite a death-truck, Racer X 69....are you doing this on purpose, or are there really no ways of avoiding executing beautiful little living beings when driving in your neck of the woods?

I don't drive a truck, and only about 1/3 of the milage that you do, but I've never not been able to break to avoid running over (or into) any living beings.
01-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #3854
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jac Quote
And as I noted we don't even have possums up here. Possum Lodge, yes. Possums, no.
If you want we can bring a couple up your way. They are quite hardy and can adapt to just about any environment. You'll be run over, wait, you'll be running over hundreds of them in no time.

And then you will be too busy to buy a K3.
01-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #3855
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
All I know is that rinse and repeat just not cutting it!!!
I followed the rinse and repeat directions once and had to get Mrs. Racer to bring me another bottle of shampoo.

After the third bottle she told me I can no longer afford a K3.