Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2021, 06:43 AM - 4 Likes   #87421
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
but before the ravenous hoards of biting, chewing, blood sucking atrocities take to the air.
Lawyers, up there, can fly?

04-19-2021, 06:47 AM - 2 Likes   #87422
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Yep, we might even get snow on Wednesday.....grrrrrr
High of 70F today, high of 41F tomorrow with rain changing to snow and a low of 32F.
Our area is supposed to only get a dusting.
04-19-2021, 07:04 AM   #87423
Forum Member

Backwards compatibility is strongest suit Pentax have...
04-19-2021, 07:11 AM - 3 Likes   #87424
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SOS7 Quote
Bacon.

Makes every Pentax camera backwards compatible.

Get some.

04-19-2021, 08:33 AM - 2 Likes   #87425
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Bacon.

Makes every Pentax camera backwards compatible.

Get some.
...the LIVE HOCIR likes the smell too.

Steve
04-19-2021, 08:47 AM - 4 Likes   #87426
Veteran Member

It certainly is a real strong point, now some of them modern lenses are pretty strong suits of Pentax too, like that fancy D FA* 50... I think there's even a giveaway going on for that, encouraging posting, I wonder if you'd happen to know about that?
04-19-2021, 09:33 AM - 3 Likes   #87427
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I think there's even a giveaway going on for that, encouraging posting
So that's why strangers keep showing up at our door, very astute observation young man.

04-19-2021, 10:54 AM - 3 Likes   #87428
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
When I was a kid my grandparents' house was about a half mile from a DeMonte plant that made, among other products, ketchup. The smell was unbelievably mouth watering.
I'll put on a big ol pot of boiling water.
Back in the late '50's, very early '60's in my part of town, there were still a few small stores that catered to people's basic food needs.

There was a butcher, a baker, not a candle stick maker that I can recall, but there was a fruiterer.

The wares they offered always seemed a bit better, than grocery stores.

As a kid if I had the price of admission, I would stop off at the bakery...to get an eccles Cake or maybe a jambuster...or a large glazed donut. They were delicious .

As I came close to the bakery....the aroma would emanate out of the shop....it would draw me in...I found I would suddenly be in the bakery...only because the little door bell had tinkled .

I would search my pockets for a dime, one thin dime and get ...usually...an eccles cake.

Now at the supermarket bakery, they may have jambusters...but usually with ersatz jam, rarely an eccles cake, and when it comes to donuts, you usually have to buy a six pack of donuts that to me, just don't taste like the donuts of yore.

In my suburb of over 100,000 people, I don't think there is one, old fashioned bakery left. Can't compete with prices of a supermarket I suppose, but unfortunately the supermarkets can't compete with the taste treats of an old fashioned, small bakery.

Just my bobservation.
04-19-2021, 11:00 AM - 2 Likes   #87429
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
I'm sure he did, he's a fart smeller, I mean smart feller.
I see you have the same, unfortunate tendency to get words all mixed up, as I do. Must be something to do with either advanced age, or being a Bob...I lean towards being a Bob.
04-19-2021, 11:06 AM - 2 Likes   #87430
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Gramps got bitten a lot. Once when coming back from working in the woods he complained over an itchy back, and when he pulled off his shirt a viper fell out
......and then it was Grandma's Viper fazool soup the next day...with the viper meatballs .....floating in the mix. Right ?
04-19-2021, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #87431
Pentaxian

Careful so you don't sprain anything, Bob
Too late...I think I sprained a frontal lobe....ouch....it only hurts when I think...
04-19-2021, 11:15 AM   #87432
Pentaxian

Amazon used to sell crocodile biltong, but it's no longer available. Not that it matters, because they refuse to send anything but books to Norway anyway. I have no idea why. They let me put stuff in the cart, even telling me shipping will be free, but at checkout time they've decided that this item can't be shipped to that destination. And, of course, if they do ship (books only) there's always a shipping fee, usually considerably higher than the value of what you want to buy.

Oh, sorry, that's not true. They still haven't charged for shipping of ebooks
My daughter and her family used to live in Newfoundland and shipping was not always possible there. Also getting in and out of NL ...flying, by ship...is sometimes held up by weather.

Norway does surprise me a bit.
04-19-2021, 03:54 PM - 5 Likes   #87433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
eccles
Another word in my quest to learn a foreign language, Canadian.
04-19-2021, 04:12 PM - 4 Likes   #87434
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Another word in my quest to learn a foreign language, Canadian.
...and I'm here to help you in your quest to learn a foreign language. BTW when we're finished, you'll be....bilingual....fluent in both American and Canadian.

Now the first step... 'eh'.

Eh is a spoken interjection used in Canadianese, and would be...' excuse me'.....'please repeat that' ......(please is never optional in Canadian) and it roughly translates to American....as....'huh'.

Eh....is quite complex as it can also be effectively used to as a way for the speaker to express solidarity, with the listener about an opinion or explanation.

Essentially eh can be used to say ....hey we're on the same page...eh ?

Another example of this use of 'eh' would be:

' Parallax seems to boil all foods...eh ?'

Eccles cakes...definition.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...v8tZ6_V7KVxlZb
04-19-2021, 04:44 PM - 4 Likes   #87435
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Eh is a spoken interjection used in Canadianese, and would be...' excuse me'.....'please repeat that' ......(please is never optional in Canadian) and it roughly translates to American....as....'huh'.

Eh....is quite complex as it can also be effectively used to as a way for the speaker to express solidarity, with the listener about an opinion or explanation.

Essentially eh can be used to say ....hey we're on the same page...eh ?
Interesting. Apparently I'm bilingual and didn't know it. It's the same in this part (upper Midwest) of 'merica with a slight variation. Here that would be we're on the same page...hey?

' Parallax seems to boil all foods...eh ?'
Not all, but I did just finished a supper of ribs and biscuits dontchaknow. Alternatively, in regional linguistics, "I just finished a supper of ribs and biscuits, I did"
(Yes, I boiled them before finishing them in the oven. My apologies to #1)