Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108796 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 11:04 AM   #90781
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Captain Lambheart doesn't sound right though.
Of the many musicians from the past which litter the backwaters of YouTube, I freely admit to not knowing Captain Beefheart's oeuvre, so can't really comment. If he's anything like Frank Zappa he'll be cast into utter darkness!

07-20-2021, 11:12 AM - 2 Likes   #90782
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
If he's anything like Frank Zappa he'll be cast into utter darkness!

On my playlist forever.
07-20-2021, 11:14 AM - 2 Likes   #90783
Pentaxian

Of the many musicians from the past which litter the backwaters of YouTube, I freely admit to not knowing Captain Beefheart's oeuvre, so can't really comment. If he's anything like Frank Zappa he'll be cast into utter darkness!
I was only slightly aware of his name when he performed at my University in 1980. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen but hey live music is always an experience. It certainly couldn't be described as boring.

07-20-2021, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #90784
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I was only slightly aware of his name when he performed at my University in 1980. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen but hey live music is always an experience. It certainly couldn't be described as boring.
Oh, there are musicians who are seriously boring to me – and their seriousness about their music doesn't help the boredom either. However, not going to start a flame war over musical preferences, there are classical composers whose works are hours of tediously stuffy tedium too, which others rave over. Perhaps I should seek chemical stimulation to help the experience, but why break the habit of a lifetime, as the smelly monk said to the abbot?

07-20-2021, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #90785
Pentaxian

Oh, there are musicians who are seriously boring to me – and their seriousness about their music doesn't help the boredom either. However, not going to start a flame war over musical preferences, there are classical composers whose works are hours of tediously stuffy tedium too, which others rave over. Perhaps I should seek chemical stimulation to help the experience, but why break the habit of a lifetime, as the smelly monk said to the abbot?
I am sure a few cheap Student Union beers helped.

---------- Post added 07-20-21 at 06:58 PM ----------

I have only walked out of a concert once when Steve Hackett turned up at the University without a band only accompanied by his brother playing the flute. We certainly didn't expect an evening of instrumental classical music so retreated to the bar after a few tracks.
07-20-2021, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #90786
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
True true, one never knows. Try the peanut butter, bologna and mayo sandwich sometime.
Except, I neglected to mention that, while I like peanuts, I have never been able to eat peanut butter without gagging.
07-20-2021, 01:21 PM - 2 Likes   #90787
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
A friend brought beef heart into work for a Christmas buffet many years ago. The thought of it turned my stomach but he cajoled and convinced me into trying some. It was delicious. Like really lean roast beef.
I've had that! Delicious!

07-20-2021, 01:26 PM - 2 Likes   #90788
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Speaking of odd foods, if we're still on that page,
I smoked a block of cream cheese along with some bacon strips yesterday.
Sprinkled with bbq rub, low temp smoked for 2.5 hrs.
Tasty stuff on a cracker and in my baked potato with dinner.

After looking at Bob# 1's taste treat, I thought about what is mine. S'Mores. When I was a kid and we used to do a lot of family camping, a couple things I always liked were s'mores made around the campfire.

Another late night campfire snack was roasting hot dogs over the campfire. Just thinking about it, makes me want to return to yesteryear...late '50's, early '60's.

Is this the perfect s'more. I don't know if it is or not, haven't tried it.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...20XonNJDRwxO4U

What's your favourite campfire food, and what makes it so special in your view ?
07-20-2021, 01:32 PM   #90789
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

On my playlist forever.
One of my favourites is John Fogarty and this song.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...luDqDIpNgJFc77
07-20-2021, 01:37 PM - 2 Likes   #90790
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
After looking at Bob# 1's taste treat, I thought about what is mine. S'Mores. When I was a kid and we used to do a lot of family camping, a couple things I always liked were s'mores made around the campfire.

Another late night campfire snack was roasting hot dogs over the campfire. Just thinking about it, makes me want to return to yesteryear...late '50's, early '60's.

Is this the perfect s'more. I don't know if it is or not, haven't tried it.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...20XonNJDRwxO4U

What's your favourite campfire food, and what makes it so special in your view ?
Did that save you taking the dog home?
07-20-2021, 06:15 PM - 2 Likes   #90791
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Awesome band, a great era in modern music.

07-20-2021, 06:28 PM - 2 Likes   #90792
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

At the end of my first year at the electric utility I got two weeks paid vacation. I took a trip with a buddy in my Camaro. Down the coast from Washington to Oregon and California, then back north on the east side of the Cascade range. We took a tent and camped in state parks along the way. Most evenings we experimented cooking stuff over the campfire. One night we cut steak into strips, seasoned it and cooked it on sticks like hotdogs.

Mmmmmmm . . . . . . . Tasty!
07-20-2021, 06:57 PM - 4 Likes   #90793
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Except, I neglected to mention that, while I like peanuts, I have never been able to eat peanut butter without gagging.

I love peanuts. Roasted in the shell.

Shelled and roasted.

Ground to the mush called peanut butter. I prefer chunky, but ground creamy is OK. But I only have pure peanut butter, no emulsifiers or additives.

I mix peanut butter with raw honey, spread it on pancakes or waffles, a toasted English muffin. Sometimes I have it on a sammich using good whole wheat or multigrain bread.

I even make salad dressing using peanut butter as one of the ingredients.

And use it in cooking too. Peanut encrusted pork chops. Peanut chicken.

Peanut butter cookies.

Sometimes I dip a spoonful and eat it straight up.

Oh, baby.
07-20-2021, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #90794
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I love peanuts. Roasted in the shell.

Shelled and roasted.

Ground to the mush called peanut butter. I prefer chunky, but ground creamy is OK. But I only have pure peanut butter, no emulsifiers or additives.

I mix peanut butter with raw honey, spread it on pancakes or waffles, a toasted English muffin. Sometimes I have it on a sammich using good whole wheat or multigrain bread.

I even make salad dressing using peanut butter as one of the ingredients.

And use it in cooking too. Peanut encrusted pork chops. Peanut chicken.

Peanut butter cookies.

Sometimes I dip a spoonful and eat it straight up.

Oh, baby.
Oh, I love roasted in the shell peanuts. I fondly remember buying them by the hessian sack full in Florida, many years ago. But, nah. I'll pass on the peanut butter. Don't know why, it's not logical.
07-20-2021, 09:07 PM - 2 Likes   #90795
Pentaxian

At the end of my first year at the electric utility I got two weeks paid vacation. I took a trip with a buddy in my Camaro. Down the coast from Washington to Oregon and California, then back north on the east side of the Cascade range. We took a tent and camped in state parks along the way. Most evenings we experimented cooking stuff over the campfire. One night we cut steak into strips, seasoned it and cooked it on sticks like hotdogs.

Mmmmmmm . . . . . . . Tasty!
Never heard of that one, sure sounds like a good eating idea, though.

What year, model , engine, transmission did you have on your Camaro ? I had a '67 RS coupe, 327 V8, 4 speed Muncie.