Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108795 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2021, 02:41 PM - 2 Likes   #93151
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
She regularly, while I'm in mid sentence, responds to what she thinks I'm going to say. On rare, very rare, occasions she gets it right.
I get that too.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
When T does that she goes on for so long correcting what she thinks I was going to say, I've usually forgotten what I was trying to say before she finishes.
Same here.

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
What can flip me out is a woman trying to tell me what I actually meant by what I said.
I meant what I said and said what I meant.
I think I know what you're saying, but need to check with Mrs. Racer first.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Ended up getting married to a Finn last summer. When I mess up, the language barrier card gets played right-away, she usually buys it
Although Mrs. Racer is (mostly) Norwegian, she knows very little of the language, so I can't play that card.

11-06-2021, 03:59 PM - 2 Likes   #93152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
As someone here recently said, my wife says I never listen to a word she says, or something like that.
11-07-2021, 06:57 AM - 3 Likes   #93153
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
As someone here recently said, my wife says I never listen to a word she says, or something like that.
Oh mine says that a lot too! My reply to that phrase is usually "Huh?" or "You say something?" ............. just to stoke the fire of course!
11-07-2021, 07:14 AM - 2 Likes   #93154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tako Kichi Quote
Oh mine says that a lot too! My reply to that phrase is usually "Huh?" or "You say something?" ............. just to stoke the fire of course!
My grandmother was talking to my grandfather one day about 60 years ago. He didn't respond to anything she said. She said to me "He's going deaf." I leaned over and whispered as quietly as I could "Hey Grandpa." He looked my way and said "what?"

A friend complained his wife, who I knew quite well was always going on o long he couldn't keep his attention on what she was saying. I said "Just say huh, so she feels like you're paying attention." A couple weeks later I was having lunch with her in her office. She went on about something, I lost track part way through and said "huh". She said " I wondered where Jim got that, it's really irritating."

11-07-2021, 07:27 AM - 4 Likes   #93155
Veteran Member

I thought my wife was losing her hearing so I stood behind her chair and said softly "Hon, can you hear me?" no response.
Stepping a bit closer I repeated "Hon, can you hear me?" still no response.
I got right behind her chair and tried again "Hon, can you hear me?"
She said "For the third time, Yes!!"
11-07-2021, 04:46 PM - 5 Likes   #93156
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Annie's theory is that I only hear every third word she says and that I interpolate the rest.
At least, that's what I think I understood her theory to be.
11-07-2021, 06:12 PM - 3 Likes   #93157
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Annie's theory is that I only hear every third word she says and that I interpolate the rest.
At least, that's what I think I understood her theory to be.
I usually don't need even every third word.

Just the keywords- town, dishes, counter, feed the dogs.... back at 5... who even needs the rest of it?

I hate it when she says "What did I just say." But I have last sentence recall that works most of the time. I wouldn't know what she said if she didn't ask me, and she knows that. She hates it.

11-07-2021, 07:02 PM - 2 Likes   #93158
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just the keywords- town, dishes, counter, feed the dogs.... back at 5... who even needs the rest of it?
I've tried that but I usually get some part of the detail wrong. Like putting the rest in the dishes or taking the counter to town or feeding the dogs after 5.
11-07-2021, 07:22 PM - 3 Likes   #93159
Pentaxian

I've tried that but I usually get some part of the detail wrong. Like putting the rest in the dishes or taking the counter to town or feeding the dogs after 5.
Or you get the last two things right, but the first thing that was the important thing is completely forgotten.
11-07-2021, 09:03 PM - 3 Likes   #93160
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Or you get the last two things right, but the first thing that was the important thing is completely forgotten.
Yup. When she sends me to the shop for something I will usually buy all the stuff on the list and several things not on the list except for the one item that resulted in the creation of the list in the first place!
11-08-2021, 04:50 AM - 7 Likes   #93161
Veteran Member

A wife asks her programmer husband to go to the store.
She asks him, "Can you go down to the grocery store, and get a gallon of milk, and if they have eggs, get 6."
Later on he returns home and she looks at his purchases and says, "Why in the world did you buy 6 gallons of milk?"
He responded, "They had eggs."
11-08-2021, 06:14 AM - 2 Likes   #93162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Here's a question for you, genius. Which finger am I holding up?
Hey Bert, you're number 1 now!
11-08-2021, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #93163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In other news, I have the new coffee machine plumbed in.

ECM Technika Profi V, rotary pump, E61 group, stainless boiler, shot timer, temperature and pressure adjustable and can be run off a water tank or mains.
Vary nice!
11-08-2021, 09:15 AM - 5 Likes   #93164
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
11-08-2021, 09:26 AM - 1 Like   #93165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
I’ve driven in California and noticed nothing untoward, but I may have mentioned before my driving I rate as below average? Anyway, the drivers that gave me the willies were in Turkey, driving the dolmus minibuses. They epitomised the saying about having horns, not brakes. I haven’t been to India to sample their driving, but film of Indian truckers is simply hair-raising: even the Turks came nowhere close.
Craziest place I have ever driven was Malaysia. There are seemingly no rules but interestingly, there does not seem to be the road rage issue I have seen elsewhere. Everyone is constantly on the edge of dying, everyone cuts everyone else off, yet it is all taken in stride.