Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2022, 06:51 AM - 6 Likes   #95311
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Long weekend today, worked my butt off again. Helped a mate shift a very large aquarium, then went to pick up a large load of olive wood for the pizza oven. Stacked that away and then went to pick up two chests of drawers a mate was getting rid of. Daughter may want them, if not they'll become storage in the shed.

That after all day doing traffic management for a cycle race on Sunday. Horrible, wet day all day. I got almost as drenched as the cyclists taking part. And I was in the signage truck. And I had to place and retrieve 28 temporary traffic management signs and stands and a heap of traffic cones.

Tonight, we made pork rump for dinner and it's our son's last evening at home. Tomorrow, we're taking him back to Palmerston North so as to meet the army bus to head back to Waiouru. Not sure who will miss him most - his mother or his girlfriend.

Invariably weekends involve lifting, shifting, carrying and lugging.
You were a lot more productive than I, but I did manage this. A Top Sirloin roast.

Attached Images

02-07-2022, 07:05 AM - 2 Likes   #95312
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
You were a lot more productive than I, but I did manage this. A Top Sirloin roast.
Let me know next time you're cooking like that, and I'll be popping over for dinner, especially if it's accompanied by what looks like a nice glass of port
02-07-2022, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #95313
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
A review?

By me?

Do tell!
It is possible that someone has stolen your name!

02-07-2022, 09:48 AM - 2 Likes   #95314
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Let me know next time you're cooking like that, and I'll be popping over for dinner, especially if it's accompanied by what looks like a nice glass of port
A nice Syrah actually

02-07-2022, 09:48 AM - 6 Likes   #95315
Veteran Member

I did manage this. A Top Sirloin roast.
Looked good until I saw you had dropped it in the grass.
02-07-2022, 10:01 AM - 7 Likes   #95316
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
The five second rule Bob, it’ll be fine…
02-07-2022, 10:49 AM - 2 Likes   #95317
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
well, they do have beach volleyball....
Yes, but those biscuits are too tall, too skinny, and reminiscent of Saskatchewan.

02-07-2022, 10:50 AM - 2 Likes   #95318
Veteran Member

If we drop by on vacation this summer I hope there is a roast like this looks very tasty
02-07-2022, 11:00 AM - 3 Likes   #95319
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
We made pancakes on campouts in Boy Scouts. (The Boy Scouts before the perversion took over)

They weren't perfect without a leaf or two, some twigs, and pine needles (remember, Pacific Northwet, lots of pine trees).

The pine needles gave a piney flavor, the twigs a cruncy fiber, but the leaves, maple and alder did little save for ruin a good pancake.

We also made cowboy coffee.

Heat water in a pan, throw a handful of ground coffee, and simmer.

Pour into mugs and chew.
02-07-2022, 11:14 AM - 1 Like   #95320
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
It is possible that someone has stolen your name!
Was that on Cloudy Nights?

I haven't been there in ages.

Not me.

I'll have to look it up later, but most places I am Racer X 69, usually with spaces. A couple places the number changes, and one Datsun forum it is just Racer X, with a space.

I'm RacerX6948 on Flickr.

Also, the most I've done with astrophotography has been wide field with my Pentax DSLR cameras.

The use of the CCD gear intrigues me, but I haven't had time to learn enough about it to buy equipment yet.

Maybe after I retire, eh?

When I'll have tons of time to work on my cars and fix up the house (it's nearly 15 years since I built it!), do more photography, and ............

Oh, wait, there's the honeydew Mrs. Racer has.

Never mind.
02-07-2022, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #95321
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
If we drop by on vacation this summer I hope there is a roast like this looks very tasty
Deal!
02-07-2022, 11:42 AM - 6 Likes   #95322
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I spent the weekend working on a KC-46 tanker Saturday morning (started at 4am, off at 12:30, drove out and picked up mom’s mail and had a nice chat with her neighbor, stopped and visited with a longtime friend I haven’t seen in six months, went home, ate dinner and went to bed.

Sunday I had one more look at the larger LPG tank I picked up for mom’s motorhome, and engineered a design in my head. Gathered up a pile of documents from my forensic investigation into mom’s finances and we set out on the journey into town for the library to make copies for the attorney, then into the city for a stop at the lumberyard (I use that term loosely, as lumberyards as I remember them were far different, the fragrance of cedar, fir and other wood giving a pleasant dose to the olfactory senses.

I gathered up materials I felt needed to go with the bits and pieces of off cuts I have stashed (one of my faults is I try to use everything, and not create excessive waste, so usually the list needed at the store is small).

Mom enjoyed a day out.

When we got home Mrs. Racer had dinner nearly ready, so I got a head start on the accommodations for the new, larger fuel tank.

After dinner, I prepped for the coming week at work, looking forward to some more overtime to fatten my pocketbook.

Then back out to the shop, with the recorded race from earlier today on the TV, I set about building what was in my head.

When I work projects like this, I get immersed, focused. Before I knew it the battery on my screw gun needed a recharge. I swapped it out, took a short break and a shot of scotch (I keep a bottle in my toolbox with a couple glasses, for obvious reasons), then depleted the other battery, about when the race ended. The first battery wasn’t finished yet, so another shot of Islay single malt.

After the shot the battery was ready, so I finished up and tested out the new home for the propane tank.

It was nearly midnight.

I usually get up to prep for my day at 1:30.

Not wanting to disturb Mrs. Racer I wrapped up and slept on the recliner, expecting the alarm on my phone to wake me.

It never did.

The cold woke me at 4:30.

I called in. Today is an FMLA day for mom. Gonna prepare all the documentation for the attorney, and mom and I will have another day out, maybe even have lunch.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
02-07-2022, 11:48 AM - 5 Likes   #95323
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Also Sunday at the library we used a Live Hocir.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 

Last edited by Racer X 69; 02-07-2022 at 01:07 PM.
02-07-2022, 12:02 PM - 3 Likes   #95324
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have actually never owned a cell phone of my own; every phone I have ever had has been supplied by my employer. That is about to change when I retire....
I have had three mobile phones. First a basic Samsung. They annoyed me with poor customer service during warranty. So I will not buy any other Samsung product. Then an HTC my daughter got for MrsTim who declined the gift because it did not have a picture of a certain fruit on it. Then it got old, 6 years or so, and I got one with a picture of the famous fruit on it.

But I have never owned a computer. I have always been able to use my work one, for which I have administrator access so I can install stuff.
02-07-2022, 12:53 PM - 8 Likes   #95325
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
especially if it's accompanied by what looks like a nice glass of port
If it were on the other side of the place setting would it be a glass of starboard?
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »