Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
05-26-2022, 10:19 PM   #96871
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Recently a UK politician got a scandal, one of the minor scandals parallel to the big ones, called beergate. At least he got to drink beer unlike that American polly who made do with water, and lost the job for that.

05-26-2022, 11:36 PM - 1 Like   #96872
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Give someone a taste of one of the Islay malts and you'll find out whether they actually like scotch or if they just claim to because they think it's trendy and sophisticated.
There are five Scotch Whisky regions - Campbeltown, Highland, Islay, Lowland and Speyside.
Campbeltown malt: I've never tried any, to my knowledge.
Speyside malts: Similar to Islay and are an acceptable alternative.
Islay malts: I like to think that sinks in places like Shangri-la, Valhalla, and Heaven have three taps; Hot, Cold, and Ardbeg. Rays of sunshine held together by water.
Highland and Lowland malts: The Budweiser of scotch. <ducking for cover now>
Sorry Jim, that one went right over my head…

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote

Budweiser is like the bottom of a canoe.
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yep. That was my point.

Hey, if I wanted to be really insulting I could have said Coors, or Bud Lite.
Someone gave me a bottle of one of those a few years ago. It had almost no discernible taste and I thought if I want something tasteless and refreshing, it may be had straight from the tap, and at no cost!
05-27-2022, 06:07 AM - 3 Likes   #96873
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I only drink that swill if someone else is buying, and then it is an experience I don't relish.
I am not a big fan of relish either
05-27-2022, 06:08 AM   #96874
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I think the XO has its position solely because of marketing.
There are some nice Brandies I like far better, taste and price-wise

05-27-2022, 08:17 AM - 3 Likes   #96875
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I am not a big fan of relish either
Oh, I like Relish.

05-27-2022, 08:51 AM - 2 Likes   #96876
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
There are some nice Brandies I like far better, taste and price-wise
I don't mind some of the cheap Spanish Brandies.

05-27-2022, 10:49 AM - 1 Like   #96877
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh wow! I like that Relish!! Unfortunately its $60 on Amazon!! Correction...that was a used original....$10! BUY!

05-27-2022, 10:56 AM - 2 Likes   #96878
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I don't mind some of the cheap Spanish Brandies.
Enjoying this from Italy these days

05-27-2022, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #96879
Pentaxian

I remember buying that while on a skiing holiday in Breckenridge . It was probably cheaper than buying in the UK.

05-27-2022, 07:04 PM   #96880
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
I remember buying that while on a skiing holiday in Breckenridge . It was probably cheaper than buying in the UK.
CD?

Download?

Streaming?
05-28-2022, 12:07 AM - 1 Like   #96881
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
CD?

Download?

Streaming?
CD. The only alternatives would have been vinyl or cassette
05-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #96882
Pentaxian

Today I rode 10 miles or a bit more to Witney to get a replacement watch battery fitted to my watch. When I got there a white van parked abruptly near the little caravan the man trades from. One of the men got out and punched a panel out of the door on the caravan. There was a lot of loud shouting that had something to do with allegations about a 12 or 14 year old boy with a torn tee shirt. There was quite a crowd around. Not sure how many participants and how many spectators drinking outside the nearby pubs. After a while a police car arrived with a small lady officer, small enough she could fit in a mini or other very small car in body armour and full police kit. I decided it would take a long time to sort so I left to come home. Next week I will need to try again. Six years ago this was the town that had a local member called Cameron, who had the top job that forced him to live in London in a private members club. The town was allowed to go to rack and ruin as evidenced by this afternoon’s incident.
05-28-2022, 12:35 PM - 2 Likes   #96883
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Today I rode 10 miles or a bit more to Witney to get a replacement watch battery fitted to my watch. When I got there a white van parked abruptly near the little caravan the man trades from. One of the men got out and punched a panel out of the door on the caravan. There was a lot of loud shouting that had something to do with allegations about a 12 or 14 year old boy with a torn tee shirt. There was quite a crowd around. Not sure how many participants and how many spectators drinking outside the nearby pubs. After a while a police car arrived with a small lady officer, small enough she could fit in a mini or other very small car in body armour and full police kit. I decided it would take a long time to sort so I left to come home. Next week I will need to try again. Six years ago this was the town that had a local member called Cameron, who had the top job that forced him to live in London in a private members club. The town was allowed to go to rack and ruin as evidenced by this afternoon’s incident.
Very wise of you to avoid the short WPC: it's common experience that the shorter the woman constable, the less likely it is you will come out of the business intact. But think how much more entertaining the incident could have been with assault rifles and pump-action shotguns involved!

This reminds me of a tale I heard many years ago: I may even have told it before. The Drugs Squad were planning a raid on a flat suspected to be used for dealing, somewhere in Glasgow. The armed response unit were parked several streets away just in case, the heavy mob were almost ready to go in and a plainclothes officer in scruffy clothes, sat in a crappy car near the flat, was keeping an eye on things when an unknown car pulled up next to him. The passenger window rolled down, a head popped out and enquired "Hey pal, know where we can get some gear???" The officer, being a good public servant, directed the likely lads to the flat in question. "Brilliant, pal!" was the reply and they had barely entered the building when the officer muttered "Go..." into his wrist microphone.

Just another day in paradise.
05-28-2022, 12:37 PM - 3 Likes   #96884
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Stopped by Costco after work yesterday to get oil for the Ram.

They don’t carry what I use anymore.

Not wanting to waste the side trip, I nosed about for some other stuff. Picked up lox and bagels for my Norwegian woman, and some of that Chinese barbecued pork she likes.

I also saw this.

Raw.

Wild.

Unpasteurized.

Makes men stronger and women more beautiful.

From New Zealand.

Do you know anything about this @MarkJerling?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6s  Photo 
05-28-2022, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #96885
Pentaxian

When Costco stopped you did you ring 911 and report them for doing unlawful detention against you?

Manuka honey is a useful broad ranging health supplement. The UMF certification is a better measure than the other one.