Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-28-2022, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #97156
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Today I bought a bbq. Of the approved yankee brand.

It it their smallest, the rectangular box portable type. That suits our need. It is a charcoal burner.
Nice. We have one of those for camping and it's great.

06-28-2022, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #97157
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
We may not hear much from our Mod Mark for a few days, what with him needing to drown his sorrows following the Black Caps 3-0 defeat in England. He has such an excuse that he may cause his house to look like a frat house during induction and hazing when they all arrive back after summer.
Truth be told, I've missed all things cricket as one of my oldest friends was over visiting from Brisbane. We've not seen him or his family for 11 years so it was quite special to catch up on everything. Pizzas, single malts and red wine were on the menu and a good time was had by all.
06-28-2022, 07:38 PM   #97158
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Truth be told, I've missed all things cricket as one of my oldest friends was over visiting from Brisbane. We've not seen him or his family for 11 years so it was quite special to catch up on everything. Pizzas, single malts and red wine were on the menu and a good time was had by all.
Good to hear.

It is only a game.

Good to see your old friends.
06-29-2022, 03:22 AM - 3 Likes   #97159
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
T’missus saw this this morning and alerted me. You can’t fix stupid.

Gas explosion blasts worker into air - BBC News

I like how they say he is fine, just a little shook up.
Don't they have an underground utilities locating service there? In the US it is Dial Dig, 811, anywhere in the US (I believe Canada has it also.

06-29-2022, 04:51 AM - 2 Likes   #97160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Don't they have an underground utilities locating service there? In the US it is Dial Dig, 811, anywhere in the US (I believe Canada has it also.
Yes, there is: doesn’t mean people always use it. Stupid is as stupid does.
06-29-2022, 05:16 AM - 4 Likes   #97161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That reminds me of the farmer, let’s call him Rab the Robber to protect the guilty, who watched the progress of a new gas main being laid underground past his farm and started badgering the contractors to give him a connection to it on the sly. They told him where to go, but Rab was persistent and kept at them. With the contract nearly complete, they finally relented, but he had to dig a pipe track and supply the pipe to bring gas to the farmhouse and this was duly done. The day before Christmas, and their last day on the job, they told him the gas was now live. He would have to deal with connecting up to the house’s gas boiler, but Rab was happy with that and duly handed over the agreed £2,000.

After Christmas Rab got hold of a heating engineer and set him to doing this, but the man hit a snag: he was sure the gas coming through was propane, not methane. Rab was insistent: the pipe was from the new natural gas main everyone knew had been laid before Christmas so it couldn’t possibly be propane. It did smell very like propane, mind you.

Finally he and the engineer followed the supply pipe downhill towards the gas main location, but before they got there they came across disturbed ground. Buried under a scattering of earth and connected to the farmhouse pipe was a propane cylinder. Rab has been the laughing stock of the district ever since.
06-29-2022, 12:29 PM   #97162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
That reminds me of the farmer, let’s call him Rab the Robber to protect the guilty, who watched the progress of a new gas main being laid underground past his farm and started badgering the contractors to give him a connection to it on the sly. They told him where to go, but Rab was persistent and kept at them. With the contract nearly complete, they finally relented, but he had to dig a pipe track and supply the pipe to bring gas to the farmhouse and this was duly done. The day before Christmas, and their last day on the job, they told him the gas was now live. He would have to deal with connecting up to the house’s gas boiler, but Rab was happy with that and duly handed over the agreed £2,000.

After Christmas Rab got hold of a heating engineer and set him to doing this, but the man hit a snag: he was sure the gas coming through was propane, not methane. Rab was insistent: the pipe was from the new natural gas main everyone knew had been laid before Christmas so it couldn’t possibly be propane. It did smell very like propane, mind you.

Finally he and the engineer followed the supply pipe downhill towards the gas main location, but before they got there they came across disturbed ground. Buried under a scattering of earth and connected to the farmhouse pipe was a propane cylinder. Rab has been the laughing stock of the district ever since.
Excellent

06-29-2022, 01:23 PM   #97163
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Priceless as we'd say. Great story.
06-29-2022, 06:10 PM   #97164
Forum Member

To be perfectly honest I had a Pentax before I had a Ricoh. These were in film cameras and Ricoh made better point and shoots. Pentax was the better slr, but being a kid point and shoot was my game. Ricoh's imaging was top notch. Although I made no money, I could see the quality in a Ricoh. So for this I disagree. But why would they change a classic name? Cause they pay bills.
06-29-2022, 07:09 PM - 5 Likes   #97165
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by PDish Quote
To be perfectly honest I had a Pentax before I had a Ricoh. These were in film cameras and Ricoh made better point and shoots. Pentax was the better slr, but being a kid point and shoot was my game. Ricoh's imaging was top notch. Although I made no money, I could see the quality in a Ricoh. So for this I disagree. But why would they change a classic name? Cause they pay bills.
Huh?

You've wandered into the completely satirical and famous WIWBAK3 thread. If you'd like to join in the banter, go right ahead.
If you'd like to do "gear talk", then please read the entire thread and answer the 403 question multiple choice questionnaire which you can find about halfway down page 2304.
You'll find questions like: "What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?" Answers include: "African or European?"
If that sounds too hard, then write a 100 page essay on "bacon" or "squirrels" and stand in the corner for a half hour.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 06-29-2022 at 07:15 PM. Reason: correction
06-30-2022, 05:53 AM - 3 Likes   #97166
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

If that sounds too hard, then write a 100 page essay on "bacon" or "squirrels" and stand in the corner for a half hour.
Or, alternatively, eat an igunaq and Vegemite sandwich. (You can put Velveeta on it if you want but that would just be nasty. Bleh!)
06-30-2022, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #97167
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by PDish Quote
My first SLR was a Ricoh XR2s. My first lenses were Pentax.

That was around 1980.

My first DSLR was a Pentax *istDL.

I then got a K10D, K5IIs, and now a K-1.

I still will not buy a K-3, K-3II, or a K-3III.

Ever.
06-30-2022, 10:22 AM - 4 Likes   #97168
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Our merry band of moderators forgot to mention that if you can play Flight of the Bumblebee on the bagpipes while skiing then you’ll be welcomed with open arms to this noble company! We’ll feast you on lutefisk and spam pizza and you may drink our health with flagons of Buckfast tonic wine!
06-30-2022, 11:46 AM - 2 Likes   #97169
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Or, alternatively, eat an igunaq and Vegemite sandwich. (You can put Velveeta on it if you want but that would just be nasty. Bleh!)
Today I ate some Vegemite on sourdough bread.

A couple of days ago I had Stilton on sourdough.
06-30-2022, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #97170
Pentaxian

Huh?

You've wandered into the completely satirical and famous WIWBAK3 thread. If you'd like to join in the banter, go right ahead.
If you'd like to do "gear talk", then please read the entire thread and answer the 403 question multiple choice questionnaire which you can find about halfway down page 2304.
You'll find questions like: "What Is the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow?" Answers include: "African or European?"
The term "Airspeed velocity" has always annoyed me. Almost as much as "200 degrees That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit"