Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 108807 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2022, 02:59 PM - 3 Likes   #97921
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
Gosh, we've gone very profound of late!
I think we've gone too far. I hope this thread doesn't get gummed up with relevant, useful, informative crapola.

BTW, I had a cheese sandwich. (If anyone hasn't been around long enough to understand the context of that, I'll gladly explain. It's a story I love to tell. )

09-04-2022, 08:02 PM - 4 Likes   #97922
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I was a boy, I wanted to grow up to be a millionaire.

Well, I'm grown up, and I'm a millionaire.

But as has been pointed out, a million bucks doesn't go as far as it used to.
09-04-2022, 10:16 PM - 1 Like   #97923
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote

But as has been pointed out, a million bucks doesn't go as far as it used to.
Look on the bright side Racer at least you got there ........ I know I have not ......

BACON
09-04-2022, 10:45 PM - 3 Likes   #97924
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some day I hope to grow up!

09-04-2022, 10:53 PM - 1 Like   #97925
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I think we've gone too far. I hope this thread doesn't get gummed up with relevant, useful, informative crapola.

BTW, I had a cheese sandwich. (If anyone hasn't been around long enough to understand the context of that, I'll gladly explain. It's a story I love to tell. )
Rosenborg??
09-05-2022, 05:03 AM   #97926
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Where I live the state government is so concerned about the dangers of becoming rich that they take as much money from us as possible. Just got my school tax bill. It's up 35% over last year. In real terms that is $669 more I have to pay. Yet according to the bill the budget has gone up only 3%.
09-05-2022, 06:10 AM   #97927
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Rosenborg??
No, the thread was poking fun at another member who, in his own words, was "an internet drama queen". He actually started a thread with the title of What Do You Do When You're an Internet Drama Queen.
He didn't start out to be, but ultimately became a total troll and finally, mercifully, left for several years.

09-05-2022, 06:15 AM - 2 Likes   #97928
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

No, the thread was poking fun at another member who, in his own words, was "an internet drama queen". He actually started a thread with the title of What Do You Do When You're an Internet Drama Queen.
He didn't start out to be, but ultimately became a total troll and finally, mercifully, left for several years.
Oh, so you're saying that the position is vacant?

Wait, no, that can't possibly be. Last time I stumbled into the pit of Doom&Gloom there were more than one of those present.
09-05-2022, 06:18 AM - 1 Like   #97929
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Rosenborg??
09-05-2022, 06:26 AM - 2 Likes   #97930
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope this thread doesn't get gummed up with relevant, useful, informative crapola.
bacon, bagpipes, beer, breakfast, canada, catch 22, cheese, drink, dslr, ford, general talk, gin, guns, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, lycra, marital relations, pentax k-3, possums, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, squirrels, tokyo

Too late
09-05-2022, 11:08 AM   #97931
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
bacon, bagpipes, beer, breakfast, canada, catch 22, cheese, drink, dslr, ford, general talk, gin, guns, igunaq, k-3, k-mount, k3, kids, lutefisk, lycra, marital relations, pentax k-3, possums, sandwich, scotch, shirley, snoring, spam, squirrels, tokyo

Too late
And velveeta, barefoot and Rupert Stories.
09-05-2022, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #97932
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
And velveeta, barefoot and Rupert Stories.
Velveeta

But yes, they should all be in the keywords list.
09-05-2022, 11:39 AM - 2 Likes   #97933
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Velveeta

But yes, they should all be in the keywords list.
No, not Velveeta.

We need to maintain the quality of this thread, and to that end I would suggest replacing your suggestion of Velveeta, with something like...Squeez Cheez.
09-05-2022, 11:45 AM - 1 Like   #97934
Pentaxian

I have a supply of all the consumables for my fleet. Oil, air and fuel filters, spark plugs and ignition components, hoses, clamps, coolant, and wiper refills.

If available, I buy OEM refills (the rubber part of the wiper) and reuse the wiper frame. I also usually get a couple sets of frames with blades, for when the original frames wear out.

Can’t get to the wiper stash at the moment, but here are a couple shots of my oil filter stock.
I used to store a case of Quaker State oil in my garage, which I would bring into oil changes (my GM dealer) and ask them to use this oil. No more, as they use all synthetic oil with our newest vehicle. I just go along with the GM synthetic oil (don't know who makes it for GM) and so far, all seems well.

I used to change all my oil, do grease jobs, etc...on my motorcycles, snowblower, lawnmower, etc....but with my plastic shoulder , we have an arrangement with our neighbour who dies the lawn and the snow. My snowblower and lawn mower are sitting in storage. I have squirted oil fog into the cylinders, run the carburetors dry, etc. Not that anyone would want to buy an almost 30 year old snowblower, or 35 year old Lawn Boy 2 stroke mower.
09-05-2022, 11:51 AM   #97935
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
No, not Velveeta.

We need to maintain the quality of this thread, and to that end I would suggest replacing your suggestion of Velveeta, with something like...Squeez Cheez.
Oh well, the keywords list is full anyway. Since Bert is absent nobody's complained about that in quite a while. Hereby remedied