11-30-2022, 01:24 PM - 3 Likes   #98866
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
36 days.

1 hour.

35 minutes.
Another 6 days, 1 hour, and 35 minutes and you can start counting.

11-30-2022, 01:26 PM   #98867
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
I had to re-fill my "l" key on my keyboard, it was empty.
I grew up in a town called Chili, NY. It is pronounced using a long "i". Ch"eye" lye Nobody knows how the town got it's name. No emphasis on either syllable.
11-30-2022, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #98868
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by CharLac Quote
Ahh yes,
Fuss ball.
11-30-2022, 02:10 PM - 1 Like   #98869
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
36 days.

1 hour.

35 minutes.
And it changed by the time you told us.

Is your rich uncle going broke?

11-30-2022, 03:40 PM   #98870
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I grew up in a town called Chili, NY. It is pronounced using a long "i". Ch"eye" lye Nobody knows how the town got it's name. No emphasis on either syllable.
Been there decades ago. There used to be a drive in restaurant with car hops not too far from there that was super popular. In Henrietta maybe. Can't remember the name, but they sold White Hot hotdogs that aren't sold in Michigan. Michigan has one of the strictest standards for hotdog contents. I loved the white hots.
11-30-2022, 04:36 PM   #98871
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bspn Quote
Been there decades ago. There used to be a drive in restaurant with car hops not too far from there that was super popular. In Henrietta maybe. Can't remember the name, but they sold White Hot hotdogs that aren't sold in Michigan. Michigan has one of the strictest standards for hotdog contents. I loved the white hots.

I currently live in Henrietta. Zweigle's White Hots for the win. Maybe better than bacon!!! You can order them online from the Zweigle's website.
11-30-2022, 05:13 PM - 5 Likes   #98872
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bspn Quote
I've been to a hotdog sausage factory. I'm pretty sure the only rule is: "Bet they won't know what we ground up and coloured pink!"

11-30-2022, 05:26 PM - 2 Likes   #98873
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I've been to a hotdog sausage factory. I'm pretty sure the only rule is: "Bet they won't know what we ground up and coloured pink!"
One summer, I worked in a meat packing plant. The company hired post secondary students to cover for regular employees who took holidays during the summer.

I remember being dressed in a white coat, hard hat, steel toed rubber boots, along with about 6 other students. The foreman went buy, selected the five short guys to load boxcars and trucks with sides of beef. He said short guys only for this job. Less likely to throw your back out, then of course off work on worker's compensation.

The tall guys, me and another fellow, were selected to work in the sausage kitchen...not as much bending. My job was to bring a large stainless steel cart, full of bulk sausge meat over to the sausage making line. There about 8 women would make and pack the sausages into different size packages.

I also had to shovel (stainless steel shovel) the raw sausage meat into the hopper which was about 5.5 feet high...and when a rack of sausages, all packed and ready for sale, was completed, push the loaded rack into the freezer...which was set at about 20 below or so.

Not my favourite job. But the money was good for a summer job. It put me in great shape too.
11-30-2022, 05:31 PM - 3 Likes   #98874
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
The unwritten (for legal reasons ) rule in a sausage factory...it's better to not know, what is in the sausage mix.

Naah I'm kidding. In the large factory I worked in, they had all sorts of Federal meat inspectors and a couple of veterinarians who checked on the carcasses before they were processed. This was back in the very early '70's. I was impressed with how clean this company was.

However, I did visit a few butcher shops in other countries (overseas) and I tell you, back then...their standards .... gave me the chills (spelled correctly...two 'L' word.).
11-30-2022, 05:35 PM - 1 Like   #98875
Pentaxian

My favourite hot dog, or variation on the theme was a couple that I ate in Wisconsin in the '90's. We were camping around Rice Lake , on Independence Day and our family went to the nearest town to take in the celebrations. I had two 'brats' ...Wisconsin style. Wonderful food.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8...cPeSvQMa8c14zZ
11-30-2022, 05:44 PM - 4 Likes   #98876
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Maybe better than bacon!!!
Thou dost blaspheme!
12-01-2022, 12:11 AM - 3 Likes   #98877
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Zweigle's White Hots for the win. Maybe better than bacon!!!
That’s heresy.

You will stand in the corner with your back to the others for the rest of the day!

Visiting my brother who was working in Italy for a bit, we went out to a little trattoria in the country. “Have the mixed grill, he urged. I looked at all the other very appealing options, but he insisted on the mixed grill and the customary assortment of bacon, liver, kidney etc duly arrived. With sausages. These sausages, to anyone accustomed to the typical British bangers, were a revelation, packed with something that was obviously real meat. Mmmmmmm!

The typical hot dog shouldn’t even be mentioned in their illustrious company.
12-01-2022, 02:57 AM - 2 Likes   #98878
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
That’s heresy.

You will stand in the corner with your back to the others for the rest of the day!

Visiting my brother who was working in Italy for a bit, we went out to a little trattoria in the country. “Have the mixed grill, he urged. I looked at all the other very appealing options, but he insisted on the mixed grill and the customary assortment of bacon, liver, kidney etc duly arrived. With sausages. These sausages, to anyone accustomed to the typical British bangers, were a revelation, packed with something that was obviously real meat. Mmmmmmm!

The typical hot dog shouldn’t even be mentioned in their illustrious company.
That platter reminds me of the platter at German Arms Hotel at Hahndorf. Good food for the whole group. Nice place.
12-01-2022, 04:44 AM   #98879
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Is your rich uncle going broke?
No.

We all line his pockets every year on April 15.
12-01-2022, 04:45 AM   #98880
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Another 6 days, 1 hour, and 35 minutes and you can start counting.
I don’t have enough fingers and toes.
« AF1 vs AF2 | - »