Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2022, 05:02 AM - 2 Likes   #98881
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Thou dost blaspheme!
In my defense I did say "maybe" but a charcoal grilled white hot with mustard is a wonderful thing. We call the red ones Texas hots and the white ones porkers.

Rochester, New York is also the home of Nick Tahoe's. Nick Tahoe's is the home of the original Garbage Plate special. It goes back to the 1950's when the Rochester Institute of Technology was still located in downtown Rochester, NY. Nick's was a few blocks away and open 24 x 7. Students would drop in all night and order whatever was left over. Get it with a hamburger patty or a sliced open hot dog, macaroni salad, home fries, coleslaw, maybe mac and cheese all smothered in a meat based hot sauce.

12-01-2022, 06:20 AM - 2 Likes   #98882
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
but a charcoal grilled white hot with mustard is a wonderful thing
We have a local packing house that put out some of the best brats I've ever had. They have several varieties but the Jamaican Jerk are my favorite. Mrs. P puts ketchup on hers. KETCHUP!!! I
I told here that's okay at home, in private, but don't do it if we're on the road. I think it's a felony in most states.
12-01-2022, 10:57 AM - 2 Likes   #98883
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jim, it’s a federal offence!!
12-01-2022, 12:10 PM - 5 Likes   #98884
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I don’t have enough fingers and toes.
Stay away from the table saw.

12-01-2022, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #98885
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Mrs. P puts ketchup on hers. KETCHUP!!! I
I told here that's okay at home, in private, but don't do it if we're on the road. I think it's a felony in most states.
Ketchup is not a vegetable.
12-01-2022, 03:11 PM   #98886
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
In my defense I did say "maybe" but a charcoal grilled white hot with mustard is a wonderful thing. We call the red ones Texas hots and the white ones porkers.

Rochester, New York is also the home of Nick Tahoe's. Nick Tahoe's is the home of the original Garbage Plate special. It goes back to the 1950's when the Rochester Institute of Technology was still located in downtown Rochester, NY. Nick's was a few blocks away and open 24 x 7. Students would drop in all night and order whatever was left over. Get it with a hamburger patty or a sliced open hot dog, macaroni salad, home fries, coleslaw, maybe mac and cheese all smothered in a meat based hot sauce.

Now, that looks delicious!
Reminds me of the Gatsby. See The best Gatsby in Cape Town according to locals

See my earlier post for more culinary delights: why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - Page 2377 - PentaxForums.com
12-01-2022, 04:26 PM - 2 Likes   #98887
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Ketchup is not a vegetable.
That depends on the metric used. It's neither animal nor mineral; therefore, it's a vegetable. (okay, maybe stretching the point a bit. )

12-01-2022, 04:46 PM   #98888
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

That depends on the metric used. It's neither animal nor mineral; therefore, it's a vegetable. (okay, maybe stretching the point a bit. )
Remember when Nancy Regan started the school lunch program, that was supposed to put healthy food on the plates of our children? The list excluded anything that wasn’t animal or vegetable.

So they rewrote the definition of ketchup so it could be allowed on the lunchroom menus.

Ketchup is a condiment, made from sugar (or worse, high fructose corn syrup) and vinegar, with salt and other seasonings, onions, and yes, tomato purée.
12-01-2022, 06:58 PM - 2 Likes   #98889
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ketchup is a condiment, made from sugar (or worse, high fructose corn syrup) and vinegar, with salt and other seasonings, onions, and yes, tomato purée.
Sugar: Cane. Maybe not a vegetable but a plant.
Corn syrup: Vegetable.
Vinegar: Usually from fruit.
Onion: Vegetable.
Tomato: Fruit or vegetable, depending on who you believe.
12-01-2022, 08:30 PM - 1 Like   #98890
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Fruit.

Specifically a berry.

Delicious, raw, cooked, stewed, alone or alongside many other foods.

Some people even put ketchup on their tomatoes.

Blech!
12-02-2022, 12:40 AM - 2 Likes   #98891
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some people even put ketchup on their tomatoes.
An offence akin to cooking a Scottish breakfast (fried eggs, mushrooms, BACON, sausage, potato scone, tomatoes, black pudding or haggis if desired) - my mouth is watering already - and dumping a great ladleful of baked beans over the lot. Sacrilege! Gone are the fragrant mushroom aromas, the tang of real tomato over savoury bacon, the crisp skin around spicy pork, etc. All lost under orange-red gloopy stodge.

Pass the muesli.
12-02-2022, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #98892
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
An offence akin to cooking a Scottish breakfast (fried eggs, mushrooms, BACON, sausage, potato scone, tomatoes, black pudding or haggis if desired) - my mouth is watering already - and dumping a great ladleful of baked beans over the lot. Sacrilege! Gone are the fragrant mushroom aromas, the tang of real tomato over savoury bacon, the crisp skin around spicy pork, etc. All lost under orange-red gloopy stodge.

Pass the muesli.
Yup, when did baked beans become part of a breakfast? My parents never added them when I was a kid. Hash browns as well, when did they sneak in?

12-02-2022, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #98893
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote

Pass the muesli.
The items before baked beans all sound good. Similar to what I normally have although I miss a couple.
12-02-2022, 03:37 AM   #98894
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Yup, when did baked beans become part of a breakfast? My parents never added them when I was a kid. Hash browns as well, when did they sneak in?
Hash browns got into breakfast when that Scottish bloke started a restaurant chain with yellow arches (or one arch if you go to the right site in Detroit).
12-02-2022, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #98895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Now, that looks delicious!
Reminds me of the Gatsby. See The best Gatsby in Cape Town according to locals

See my earlier post for more culinary delights: why I won't buy a k3 (Warning: Satire Thread) - Page 2377 - PentaxForums.com
You lost me at the mention of curry there. I have only had one experience with Indian food and it was not a good one. It kept on giving for a whole day. So I shy away from Indian food and anything with curry on it. I guess it is guilt by association. I know it is not rational, but humans are not always rational creatures.