Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Notifying Costco of consumer desires is a good thing to do but it is only half the equation. I've dealt with them on a B2B basis and their requirements for a manufacturer to play are quite strict and depend in part on economies of scale. It may well be a significant challenge for Ricoh to not only ramp up production to the degree Costco requires, but then to meet distribution and transaction-related requirements. After all that, the margins may be too thin for the kind of cost recouping Ricoh needs during the initial rollout of their new camera.

Alternatively, Costco also likes to test products by doing local or regional prototypes or trials, so perhaps one of us will see something in a store.

M

10-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
No please not. I've got some pride, and I couldn't cope with my mates going on about how they could get the Pentax flagship camera for the cash & carry.
Does it make it somehow better that you have to order site unseen over the internet because nobody sells them?
10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #18
Pentaxian

we've bought far more expensive items at Costco before ($3K mattress, big TV, furniture) and I see no reason to thumb ones nose at supporting a retailer who would support Pentax. If I see one at my local Costco, I would probably buy it.
My local store has a mountain of Canon and Nikon consumer DSLRs...sheesh!
10-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
we've bought far more expensive items at Costco before ($3K mattress, big TV, furniture) and I see no reason to thumb ones nose at supporting a retailer who would support Pentax. If I see one at my local Costco, I would probably buy it.
My local store has a mountain of Canon and Nikon consumer DSLRs...sheesh!
I doubt that any of the stores would carry a Pentax K-3. But if they carry it online, that would be just as good. Costco isn't like Sam's Club, in that they sell higher quality items.

Costco also listens to their members so contact your local club and ask for them to carry a Pentax K-3!!!1

10-12-2013, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #20

Photos: Albums
My costco even carries nikon d800s. No pentaxes though. I think sone of the colored bodies would do very well.
10-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kraigg007 Quote
If you are a fan of Costco or Costco shopper, I encourage you to go up to the Manager's Counter (opposite checkout) and have them send a message to their purchasing department and request they carry the Pentax K-3. I was amazed this could be done, but if they get enough request, they will consider carrying it or having it on their website. They already carry Pentax products on their website.
well, best buy carries Pentax Dslr's, and i haven't seen the k-3 on their site yet, I wonder if requesting they carry it would work?
10-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #22

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kricha6431 Quote
well, best buy carries Pentax Dslr's, and i haven't seen the k-3 on their site yet, I wonder if requesting they carry it would work?
Best Buy carried the 5 II but not the 5 IIs. I would honk there is a high probability that they will carry it. My hopes is that it will be one of their Black Friday specials. How nice would it be to get $750 off the bundle price. It could happen.

Great suggestion I will start talking to my local Best Buy too. Thanks

10-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kraigg007 Quote
Best Buy carried the 5 II but not the 5 IIs. I would honk there is a high probability that they will carry it. My hopes is that it will be one of their Black Friday specials. How nice would it be to get $750 off the bundle price. It could happen.

Great suggestion I will start talking to my local Best Buy too. Thanks
Costco pays a living wage to their employees, and they have great consumer policies. I would rather buy the camera from BH or Adorama than from Best Buy, it's worth the extra trouble/wait. I probably couldn't resist a super Black Friday deal, though, either .
10-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #24
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Costco pays a living wage to their employees, and they have great consumer policies. I would rather buy the camera from BH or Adorama than from Best Buy, it's worth the extra trouble/wait. I probably couldn't resist a super Black Friday deal, though, either .
Whats good about Best Buy is that if you have a problem with a Camera or other Product, it's much easier to take back to your local store then its to send back to B&H or Adorama! even then, you have wonder if they even recieve your Camera or other Equipment, and if it get's lost or stolen, your out of a Camera or whatever! No Thanks, but if i am forced to go that route, that is only if Best doesn't have what i want, ONLY THEN will i order from B&H or or Adorama!
02-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #25

Please do
I love Costco
I would buy without a second thought if it was at Costco
Costco carrying it makes me more confident of item
Pentax k 3 looks really good and best camera on the market for its type
02-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #26

Please bring Pentax k 3 to Costco!