Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
k3 autofocus speed test

hey everyone,

not sure if this is a legitimate test or if its a k5 or what ever but i found this on youtube today. Sorry if it has already been posted. To me it doesn't seem that fast but it could just be the lens.

10-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This is a better test (for live view AF anyway). It is quite fast and impressive.

However, the fact that the loud in-body AF motor has not been modernized to sound less like it is 1990 technology is quite disappointing.
10-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Is this a race to find the most things wrong with the new and exciting flagship model?
Good grief, fans are hard bunch to please.
10-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
Is this a race to find the most things wrong with the new and exciting flagship model?
Good grief, fans are hard bunch to please.
i wasn't trying to show/say bad things about it i was just sharing the video incase someone was interested. i would not know what was fast and slow anyway because i don't have any pentax cameras yet. I will be one of the people buying the k3 when it comes out and the second video shows that the auto focus is very fast in live view and that the video that i posted was different because of the lens.

10-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Everyone is grasping for information, I guess, so even Youtube videos shot under unknown conditions (what firmware?, what lens?, what AF settings? etc) are filling a gap.

The sooner the production version of the camera reaches the stores, and reputable review sites, the better. Shouldn't be long now - early November is not far away.