Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will The Timing Be Right?

I'm going to be in NYC for a week as of 26 October and am planning a pilgrimage to B&H to at least look/drool over a few "goodies".

Now that the K-3 is out and B&H is saying availability is early November... do you think I might get the chance to put my fingerprints on a demo model while I'm there? The timing would be very tight since B&H close from Friday evening to Saturday evening in observance of the Jewish Sabbath...and I fly home on November 3rd....

...or am I going to have to wait until the K-3 shows up on local shelves?

10-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
I'm going to be in NYC for a week as of 26 October and am planning a pilgrimage to B&H to at least look/drool over a few "goodies".

Now that the K-3 is out and B&H is saying availability is early November... do you think I might get the chance to put my fingerprints on a demo model while I'm there? The timing would be very tight since B&H close from Friday evening to Saturday evening in observance of the Jewish Sabbath...and I fly home on November 3rd....

...or am I going to have to wait until the K-3 shows up on local shelves?
B&H probably won't have them in the store that early, but you never know!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
B&H probably won't have them in the store that early, but you never know!
Alas, I fear you are right... not that I can justify a K-3... I've got two K-30s and not using either one of them to their limit.... still would be nice to be able to play with one though...

(Sigh)... perhaps I'll just have to console myself with something else from B&H...
10-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by CP140 Quote
Alas, I fear you are right... not that I can justify a K-3... I've got two K-30s and not using either one of them to their limit.... still would be nice to be able to play with one though...

(Sigh)... perhaps I'll just have to console myself with something else from B&H...
Spoke with Pentax today at PhotoPlus. The production K-3 kits will start leaving their warehouse next week, which means B&H is likely to get their first shipment in 10-14 days (i.e. the start of the second week of November).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the info Adam... sadly, I guess I'll have to wait until they hit the local shelves ...
11-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #6

Original Poster
I did have a wander around B&H while I was in NY last week... picked up a few little goodies, but nothing terribly interesting or noteworthy. A few shots around NY are here...

New York 2013 - a set on Flickr