Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Useless Extended Warranty!

My extended warranty for my K-3 arrived today, and I am greatly dismayed to see that it is labeled a Ricoh warranty. What the crap? I refuse to put anything to use with the name Ricoh on it. It really sucks, because now, if my K-3 needs service, I'll just have to eat the cost rather than letting Ricoh pay to repair or replace it. Gloom, despair, and misery on me.

10-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
My extended warranty for my K-3 arrived today, and I am greatly dismayed to see that it is labeled a Ricoh warranty. What the crap? I refuse to put anything to use with the name Ricoh on it. It really sucks, because now, if my K-3 needs service, I'll just have to eat the cost rather than letting Ricoh pay to repair or replace it. Gloom, despair, and misery on me.
Wow, that is a *truly* tough situation. You have my absolutely *genuine* sympathies...
10-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was almost confused by this. Almost.

Well played.
10-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sigh....

10-25-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
Col
Veteran Member

That's tough, and it has started weeks before the camera exists. I thought the extended period should come at the other end. Also I hear you'll have no control over the colour of any replacements. Still I believe they are good at getting oil of Nikon shutters and seabirds.
10-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And if your new Thunderbird needs warranty work you wont let Ford do the work?
10-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Ricoh Imaging is the company name. "Pentax" isn't a part of it any more

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Pentax is doomed!

Even though your post is tongue in cheek, I do understand. I received a very nice gold Omega watch from my employer after completing 30 years service (I eventually did 37 years) but it was engraved with the name of the company which had taken us over 2 years before, not with the name of the company I'd worked for since the day I turned 17. The new company, Telstra, is much loathed in Australia. I've never worn the watch. Had it been engraved OTC - Overseas Telecommunications Corporation - I'd wear it with pride.

I was one of the last to receive a gold watch. Our presentation was the last the company did.

Last edited by p38arover; 10-25-2013 at 02:57 PM.
10-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I waste my time reading this post , let.s close it .
10-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Pentax is doomed

Ricoh is evil
10-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Where's Honeywell when you really need it? (Joke, joke, joke.)
10-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Keeping a low profile...
Attached Images

10-26-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Maybe Nikon will help you out...