Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #91
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Not sure if this was discussed or detected, but "Movie SR" is in fact mechanical SR
that would be awesome! no exaggerated jello in the movie file as well?
thks

10-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
that would be awesome! no exaggerated jello in the movie file as well?
thks
Well, this is something I'm not sure about. In fact, although I hear the SR mechanism humming away, I can't see it doing anything in my recordings or live view.

Hey Audiobomber Dan, can you check something for me? Do you see a visible effect when turning SR on in Live View and in Movie Recording? I'm not seeing the "floating" effect I see with my K-5 when SR is ON, and things don't look very stabilized.... is that the Jello you refer to, or do you mean rolling shutter?
10-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #93
Veteran Member

is that the Jello you refer to, or do you mean rolling shutter?
jello, exagerated jello. best seen with a tele.
10-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #94
Veteran Member

by the way,
I think, if you switch from any photomode to videomode and you notice a slight crop in live view, then we are dealing with digital SR.
i think :-)
thks

10-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #95
Forum Member

by the way,
I think, if you switch from any photomode to videomode and you notice a slight crop in live view, then we are dealing with digital SR.
thks
Exactly, that's the easiest way to find out.

I can also hear something inside my K30 when recording video, but unfortunately it's not the mechanical SR
10-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey Audiobomber Dan, can you check something for me? Do you see a visible effect when turning SR on in Live View and in Movie Recording? I'm not seeing the "floating" effect I see with my K-5 when SR is ON, and things don't look very stabilized.... is that the Jello you refer to, or do you mean rolling shutter?
Sorry panoguy, you're knocking on the wrong door. My K20D doesn't have video and I'm fine with that. My K-x had it, I used it maybe three times in three years, once successfully.
10-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
by the way,
thks
Hard to tell. The live view gets "cropped" when switching to movie mode, but that's black bars at the top and bottom for the 16:9 ratio. It *might* be cropping from the sides as well. In any case, the SR in live view, even in photomode, isn't as "floaty" as in my K-5. Might just be a subtle correction I need to get used to...

I also noticed that video cannot be recorded if there is no card in Slot 1, even when there is an empty 16GB card in Slot 2! It simply says "No Card in Camera." But you can take still photos, no problem. They get written to #2...

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Sorry panoguy, you're knocking on the wrong door. My K20D doesn't have video and I'm fine with that. My K-x had it, I used it maybe three times in three years, once successfully.
No problem - I'm no video expert, either! I just figured this camera has a much more robust video mode than my previous bodies, so why not try it out?

10-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No problem - I'm no video expert, either! I just figured this camera has a much more robust video mode than my previous bodies, so why not try it out?
Maybe next year.