Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Oh thumbs up and +1 and all. Please do give some more details. I know this can be done with special equipment but you seem to have not used anything but the camera and software.
Step 1) Set the camera drive mode on "Hi-speed"
Step 2) Tape down the shutter button
Step 3) Throw camera into the air
Step 4) Catch camera

Naturally, I'm (mostly) kidding! Pole panos don't require much equipment beyond a pole and a way to mount the camera and general stitching software (this pentaxforumer does it with a Q and 03 fisheye), but I use lots of specialized equipment from Nodal Ninja to make it stable and repeatable with my K-5 and soon K-3. I'll write up an explanation with photos and post it to 'Photographic Technique" in a few days... right now I'm still busy with my K-3!

11-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Step 1) Set the camera drive mode on "Hi-speed"
Step 2) Tape down the shutter button
Step 3) Throw camera into the air
Step 4) Catch camera

Naturally, I'm (mostly) kidding! Pole panos don't require much equipment beyond a pole and a way to mount the camera and general stitching software, but I use lots of specialized equipment from Nodal Ninja to make it stable and repeatable. I'll write up an explanation with photos and post it to 'Photographic Technique" in a few days... right now I'm still busy with my K-3!
Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to your explanation. Have fun with the K-3!
11-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote

Annoyingly (for me at least), there is still now way to have "mirror up" and "exposure bracketing" at the same time (my old Canon bodies did this, and it was great for HDRs). Further, if you choose "Self-timer + Exposure Bracketing" it still puts a 2 second wait in between each bracket if you last used a 2 sec. timer (this is all with "One Push Bracketing" set in Custom functions).
To get Mirror up and bracketing for HDR - I use Live View and bracketing