08-06-2015, 11:52 AM   #4396
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nitrogliserin Quote
Sigma 17-70C
Verona, Italy

Portofino, Italy

Monza, Italy
How are you able to make the photo so sharp and rich in so much color? RAW and Photoshop/Lightroom? Teach me your ways.

08-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #4397
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
How are you able to make the photo so sharp and rich in so much color? RAW and Photoshop/Lightroom? Teach me your ways.
Seconded!
08-06-2015, 01:05 PM - 3 Likes   #4398

QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
Nitrogliserin - Nice photos. I was there just a couple of years ago and it beautiful. We stopped by Maranello too.

Summer In Italy
by John Rudolph, on Flickr
Thank you John! I was in Maranello too. That place is heaven for me. Did you know that someone crashed that F458 on your photo? Then they replaced it with a Spider I guess. I drove that one. It was fantastic.

---------- Post added 08-06-15 at 11:29 PM ----------

I'm never comfortable with using LR. Somehow it feels too complicated for me but Photoshop is much easier to process RAWs with few additional tools. PS vs LR is very subjective but basically every PS is also LR with Camera Raw plugin.

Anyway I open any RAW with PS (btw none of those photos shot in manual, K3 was all set to auto. Sometimes I don't have much time when traveling). I correct lens profile in Camera RAW software and then I adjust some basic values. Mostly highlights and shadows make the big difference. I don't adjust sharpness via Camera Raw software in PS. After I finished I click to Open Image.

I'm using Nik Software for after process.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/sharpener-pro/
I adjust sharpness with this.

Then I add some color profile with;
https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/color-efex-pro/

This tool is really easy to make an instant difference on your photos. For example if you set the tonal contrast your photo becomes very detailed. there are customizable 55 filters so it really depends on your taste.

After I finish these two steps if the image is too noise I use this;
https://www.topazlabs.com/denoise
Sometimes you loose the details when you adjust the sharpness in the first place but it really helps you to get rid of any noise on the photo.

Finally one of the greatest tool in editing history but this time I have to switch to LR because this function is not available in PS. (some people say it's also in Camera Raw but I couldn't find it.)
Here’s a Sneak Peek at Lightroom CC’s Dehaze Tool – PictureCorrect

This tool is really great to work. Even if you shot a photo under bright sun it can help you eliminate hazeness and expose some clouds in the sky.

For comparison;

Before and After

It still need some correction like some magenta fringing some places but at least I can manage this result in 5 minutes so far. I hope this can help you and feel free to ask if you have questions.
08-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #4399
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nitrogliserin Quote
Thank you John! I was in Maranello too. That place is heaven for me. Did you know that someone crashed that F458 on your photo? Then they replaced it with a Spider I guess. I drove that one. It was fantastic.

---------- Post added 08-06-15 at 11:29 PM ----------

I'm never comfortable with using LR. Somehow it feels too complicated for me but Photoshop is much easier to process RAWs with few additional tools. PS vs LR is very subjective but basically every PS is also LR with Camera Raw plugin.

Anyway I open any RAW with PS (btw none of those photos shot in manual, K3 was all set to auto. Sometimes I don't have much time when traveling). I correct lens profile in Camera RAW software and then I adjust some basic values. Mostly highlights and shadows make the big difference. I don't adjust sharpness via Camera Raw software in PS. After I finished I click to Open Image.

I'm using Nik Software for after process.

https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/sharpener-pro/
I adjust sharpness with this.

Then I add some color profile with;
https://www.google.com/nikcollection/products/color-efex-pro/

This tool is really easy to make an instant difference on your photos. For example if you set the tonal contrast your photo becomes very detailed. there are customizable 55 filters so it really depends on your taste.

After I finish these two steps if the image is too noise I use this;
https://www.topazlabs.com/denoise
Sometimes you loose the details when you adjust the sharpness in the first place but it really helps you to get rid of any noise on the photo.

Finally one of the greatest tool in editing history but this time I have to switch to LR because this function is not available in PS. (some people say it's also in Camera Raw but I couldn't find it.)
Here’s a Sneak Peek at Lightroom CC’s Dehaze Tool – PictureCorrect

This tool is really great to work. Even if you shot a photo under bright sun it can help you eliminate hazeness and expose some clouds in the sky.

For comparison;

Before and After

It still need some correction like some magenta fringing some places but at least I can manage this result in 5 minutes so far. I hope this can help you and feel free to ask if you have questions.
OMG, you changed the way I think of post processing. You are my hero! Wow. Time to buy Google Nik.

08-06-2015, 06:33 PM - 2 Likes   #4400
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A couple of shots from last Monday evening at Huntington Beach in Bay Village, OH just west of Cleveland.

08-07-2015, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #4401
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tucker Lake.

08-07-2015, 10:35 AM   #4402
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Backyard birds with a K 400 f/5.6 + Kenko 1.5x TC.

08-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #4403
Veteran Member

Nitrogliserin - Ahh wrecked the 458?

Thanks for sharing your technique. It's always fun to try new things.

John
08-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #4404
Pentaxian

From yesterday, Tess heads out guiding a trip. K-3 and DA 18-135

This morning from the dog's swimming hole.

08-07-2015, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #4405
Pentaxian

08-08-2015, 02:47 AM   #4406

OMG, you changed the way I think of post processing. You are my hero! Wow. Time to buy Google Nik.
QuoteOriginally posted by john5100 Quote
Nitrogliserin - Ahh wrecked the 458?

Thanks for sharing your technique. It's always fun to try new things.

John

You're welcome
08-08-2015, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #4407
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A DA *16-50 shot.

Rabbit (with 55-300).

Tucker Lake (with DA 15 limited).

08-08-2015, 08:14 AM   #4408
Veteran Member

Vincent, you really make me want the 16-50. But I don't NEED it!! lol Beautiful images but I love the first one especially!
08-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #4409
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

08-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #4410
Pentaxian

With Cosina 55mm 1.2 this morning:

And these X-posted from f1.2 Only thread:

Last edited by shiner; 08-08-2015 at 12:11 PM.