K 3 + HD PENTAX-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW

" Enlightening "

A mother's love

Black Bear sow and cub in Yellowstone

crop otherwise SOC

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 05-26-2018 at 05:11 AM.
05-26-2018, 06:46 AM - 4 Likes   #9362

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Norway

Couple pics from my ice-fishing trip to norway few weeks ago. All pics taken with K-3 and Sigma 100-300 f4 EX DG
Bird piccies I had to crop littlebit.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-28-2018, 11:59 AM - 5 Likes   #9363
Pentaxian

K-1 - DA*60-250
400 ISO - 1/60s - ƒ5.6

All my rabbit images have been on the way to get groceries.

Today, we saw a fox but didn't get a picture of it, but we got this rascally wabbit.

Last year things were a lot worse for the rabbit.

But what are the odds. I hardly ever see foxes or rabbits, but two years in a row, both in one day?
05-29-2018, 09:04 AM   #9364
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's been a few days since I've seen any sun, and when there ws sun it was extremely cold. My prediction for the week is 6 photos, taken because my new Rokinon 2.8 arrived. Without that it owl have been my tied for my worst week of photography ever with 0 photographs attempted.
Do what I do. Take a photo of your foot 🤣

---------- Post added 05-29-18 at 12:16 PM ----------

K-1 - DA*60-250
400 ISO - 1/60s - ƒ5.6

Today, we saw a fox but didn't get a picture of it, but we got this rascally wabbit.

But what are the odds. I hardly ever see foxes or rabbits, but two years in a row, both in one day?
Here in Pennsylvania that is what we call a "Jackrabbit". Our local ones are just 'bunnies" by comparison. We have a rabbit family living under our shed but I've yet to be able to sneak around the corner for a photo yet. Even the baby ones are are to smart for me. I've never tried "catch-in-focus before so it may be a good time to try it out.

---------- Post added 05-29-18 at 12:17 PM ----------

K-1 - DA*60-250
400 ISO - 1/60s - ƒ5.6

Here in Pennsylvania that is what we call a "Jackrabbit". Our local ones are just 'bunnies" by comparison. We have a rabbit family living under our shed but I've yet to be able to sneak around the corner for a photo yet. Even the baby ones are are to smart for me. I've never tried "catch-in-focus before so it may be a good time to try it out.

05-29-2018, 10:47 AM   #9365
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jonhock Quote
I'm pretty sure these guys are snowshoe hares. They are all white in the winter.
05-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #9366
Veteran Member

Our Bunnies

I'm pretty sure these guys are snowshoe hares. They are all white in the winter.

These are what we have around here. They are called Eastern Cottontails. We have a lot of them around our house year long. This was a quick shot with my K3 and the Smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR earlier this month.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
05-30-2018, 03:08 AM   #9367
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
These are what we have around here. They are called Eastern Cottontails. We have a lot of them around our house year long. This was a quick shot with my K3 and the Smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR earlier this month.
We gottem too. They eat our Asian lilies, but my wife won't let me shoot them because they look cute.

05-30-2018, 03:17 AM   #9368
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
We gottem too. They eat our Asian lilies, but my wife won't let me shoot them because they look cute.
What? No rabbit pie?
05-30-2018, 04:27 AM   #9369
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . This was a quick shot with my K3 and the Smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] DC WR earlier this month.
get a hunting license and try a shot gun

but vary your diet -

" Rabbit starvation: Man cannot live by rabbits alone - the meat is too lean. Add fats and a few carbs to the proteins in lapin, and you can easily survive.
Rabbit meat - lapin - is typically too lean. Humans need a certain amount of fat intake, certainly more than a wild (or domestic) rabbit provides. "

Rabbit starvation results from low fat, low carb, protein-only diets
05-30-2018, 07:18 AM   #9370
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
get a hunting license and try a shot gun

but vary your diet -

" rabbit starvation: Man cannot live by rabbits alone - the meat is too lean. Add fats and a few carbs to the proteins in lapin, and you can easily survive.
Rabbit meat - lapin - is typically too lean. Humans need a certain amount of fat intake, certainly more than a wild (or domestic) rabbit provides. "

rabbit starvation results from low fat, low carb, protein-only diets
Rabbit pie includes the fats.
05-30-2018, 07:29 AM   #9371
Pentaxian

Around here, foxess, wolves hawks, eagles and various weasels take care of the rabbit problem. Humans are known fo russetting the balance of nature, and then complaining about the results.
05-30-2018, 11:46 AM   #9372
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Around here, foxess, wolves hawks, eagles and various weasels take care of the rabbit problem. Humans are known fo russetting the balance of nature, and then complaining about the results.
I'm in a semi sub urban area in the tropics, and was gob smacked to find a pack of coyote's in my front yard when I had to leave extra early one morning. I had to apologize to my neighbor for thinking bad thoughts about his dog making deposits on my front lawn... at any rate, we had a fairly good size population of little cotton tail rabbits that would come out at dusk, and Muskogee ducks that disappeared around the time the coyote's showed up...

Eric
05-30-2018, 01:15 PM - 2 Likes   #9373
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sunset Landing

K-3 + Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 II DC HSM

I tracked this big guy inbound on final from about a mile out and had to zoom out from 200mm to 43mm to capture this shot, the aircraft was pretty close.
The K-3 actually tracks inbound aircraft pretty well considering how much its maligned about its tracking ability.

Larry

Last edited by Larrymc; 05-30-2018 at 01:24 PM.
05-30-2018, 02:48 PM   #9374
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I saw it too but had no idea what it was. You learn something new every day and since I learned it early in the day, I can now be stupid for the rest of it.

Nice shot Steve.
Thanks George.
05-30-2018, 06:01 PM - 3 Likes   #9375
Pentaxian

Wildflowers in the woods.

K-3 and DFA 100 macro WR and HD DA 1.4 TC

And a squirrel.