Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #1

Oh man Im So jealous Sad,

Hi, Folks as I said I will get a K3 coming here soon probably by the end of December or early January. I am so jealous of all those that have received their K3 cameras plus seeing the results of some of the pics I keep on asking my wife Please honey can I get one she said " Soon honey soon" of course I whimper and fake a little tear but she is resolute. Oh man this is killing me. I can do the manly thing and say I,m getting it " I am the man of the house aint I" but, I don't think that is going to fly and its cold right now at night and don't want to sleep in the back storage unit. LOL But when I get it Ill be like a kid in a candy store. (I am 51 years old) but for now im Jealous and sad. wooo is me wooo is me.

Chico

11-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hang in there, your time will arrive soon. And welcome to the group, both the Forum and the patient who are waiting their turn...
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

I am sorry to hear, my partner is of a similar opinion. Although I have a K-7 and a K-5 in my bag at the moment, I have been very excited by the specs on the K-3. I guess at the end of the day you just need to remember it's about the photography and the gear comes later, so maybe our better halves know something we are having trouble comprehending??
11-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
I am sorry to hear, my partner is of a similar opinion. Although I have a K-7 and a K-5 in my bag at the moment, I have been very excited by the specs on the K-3. I guess at the end of the day you just need to remember it's about the photography and the gear comes later, so maybe our better halves know something we are having trouble comprehending??
Well said. Thats what I'm telling myself too.
I have / use a K-5, K-x and an old ME Super (just for fun - love the viewfinder!). Mrs Kiwi Jono just does not get why I would want another camera (even though she loves her new K-01).

11-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too have a k-7 and k-5 in my bag, but irrespective of the 'better half's' opinion that I do not need another camera, the k-3 is pre-ordered and on its way (when stocks eventually arrive in Oz)

There is also a K-x in the cupboard and a Q with a collection of lenses that same 'better half' prefers to use for its compact lightweight nature.

I think there will be a K-7 and K-x on sale soon.
11-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I just came back from my local camera store and they had one I mean 1 K3 in stock. He put a battery in it and let me play with it for a moment. I'm sold! I took a picture at 1/13 of a sec hand held and it was nice...on the lcd. Either way I'll have mine by Christmas!!
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #7
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ha! I'm sure you can put the boot on the other foot by publishing her picture! I picked up my K-3 and then had to spend the afternoon with a carpet cleaner trying to get a litre of spilt milk out of the carpet before it went off ...now if I had a wife I'm sure I would have come home to an already cleaned carpet. I wonder why I don't...

11-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
Forum Member

Canon and Nikon might be in trouble if all the improvemnts i here are true about the k-3! heck, who knows they may come begging to ricoh to build them a similar camera!
11-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the words guys

I am being so patient cant wait to have my hands on my k-3 and this is a guy who previously just had brought Nikon all the time Nikon this Nikon that.