Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
12-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ArneTorp Quote
I like the K3 for video but there is one thing that really bugs me - I don't understand why there is no full quality on the HDMI while shooting? I am used to have a bigger monitor connected with other cameras for easy focusing, but this is not possible with K3 as it gives a very low resolution video on the HDMI while recording.

I would really wish for a firmware update that solves this.
It's possible that that is a technical limitation... Perhaps the HDMI output really just mirrors what is sent to the LCD, and thus the resolution won't be so high. Is the camera technically capable of a clean HDMI out in full quality? Who knows... will Pentax add that through a firmware update? Very unlikely. Maybe the successor, but given that they give video such little consideration (except when they added the headphone out and manual gain) I would not hold my breath.

That being said the look of the Pentax output is really nice.

01-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #77
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
It's possible that that is a technical limitation... Perhaps the HDMI output really just mirrors what is sent to the LCD, and thus the resolution won't be so high. Is the camera technically capable of a clean HDMI out in full quality? Who knows... will Pentax add that through a firmware update? Very unlikely. Maybe the successor, but given that they give video such little consideration (except when they added the headphone out and manual gain) I would not hold my breath.

That being said the look of the Pentax output is really nice.
No, it's not just a limitation. When playing back the recorded video it delivers full HD via the HDMI. So there's no problem for the HDMI to do the job, it's just that it will not do it while recording or just viewing live from sensor.