Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #1

Where to buy my K-3 in Arizona

Hi, Guys

I was wondering if everyone here recommends B and H or Adoroma I live in Arizona and I am not aware of any camera shops in phoenix that carry the K-3. The reason I am asking is B and H and Adoroma are both in the East coast if I order a camera through them will it be difficult to send it back for repairs or service? I also was wondering if anyone knows of any body here in the west side of the USA that is dependable and trustworthy. If anyone knows of a place in phoenix please let me know. seems like the old Ritz camera that was located there closed shop. I called Foto Forum here and they say they dont carry Pentax even though the Pentax site says it does.

Thanks

Chico

11-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know about Arizona, but do know both B&H and Adorama have great customer service and accept returns easily.
They have always taken care of any issues I had, and ship quickly and reliably.
11-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Ever think about Amazon.com? They've never failed me.
11-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

CRIS camera is in ahwatukee/chandler area off I-10

I would not worry about service or repair issues. they are reasonable and pentax authorized service

feel free to order from either major retailer

11-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CRIS is great for repairs. Fast service and fair price.
11-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #6

Original Poster
Any camera shops in phoenix period

Hi, guys

Thanks for the input but it would be nice to be able to try a K3, also that way I can drool all over it before I buy it and maybe if I drool enough they will give it to me LOL.. But is there no place in Phoenix or surrounding area?
11-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well you can always hop on a plane. My K3 from B&H will be here tomorrow but I don't think I'll let you touch it. I haven't bought cameras or equipment from a brick & mortar store in 20 years. B&H and Adorama are both well respected. I have a nice K7 you can purchase if you want to see if Pentax is for you.

11-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Chicomalo Quote
Hi, Guys

I was wondering if everyone here recommends B and H or Adoroma I live in Arizona and I am not aware of any camera shops in phoenix that carry the K-3. The reason I am asking is B and H and Adoroma are both in the East coast if I order a camera through them will it be difficult to send it back for repairs or service? I also was wondering if anyone knows of any body here in the west side of the USA that is dependable and trustworthy. If anyone knows of a place in phoenix please let me know. seems like the old Ritz camera that was located there closed shop. I called Foto Forum here and they say they dont carry Pentax even though the Pentax site says it does.

Thanks

Chico
B&H, Adorama, or Amazon. Nobody carries Pentax here

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #9

Original Poster
okay so if you guys were to pick would it be B and H or Adoroma

Okay guys so I guess it will have to be web based seller like B and H or Adoroma maybe Amazon I know B and H and Adoroma are well respected and back up their stuff. I was wondering how good is Amazon since most of the time they work with 3rd party people. I mean ive ordered stuff through amazon before but not in the thousand dollar range. Any Input? Oh by the way I used to have Pentax an Me Super Loved that camera. Then I have always brought Nikon but now that Im going digital Slr Pentax is the one. I like to be different for once not follow the crowd or be a Canokin any more.

Chico
11-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Okay guys so I guess it will have to be web based seller like B and H or Adoroma maybe Amazon I know B and H and Adoroma are well respected and back up their stuff. I was wondering how good is Amazon since most of the time they work with 3rd party people. I mean ive ordered stuff through amazon before but not in the thousand dollar range. Any Input? Oh by the way I used to have Pentax an Me Super Loved that camera. Then I have always brought Nikon but now that Im going digital Slr Pentax is the one. I like to be different for once not follow the crowd or be a Canokin any more.

Chico
Amazon is fine, as long as you're buying directly from them and not a third party seller. Returns are just as easy, generally speaking. B&H does throw in a free (nice) memory card with the K-3, though:
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Hi, guys

Thanks for the input but it would be nice to be able to try a K3, also that way I can drool all over it before I buy it and maybe if I drool enough they will give it to me LOL.. But is there no place in Phoenix or surrounding area?
Only 2 places I know of that MIGHT have one is Tempe Camera obviously in Tempe on University or 7th St photo on 7th and Camelback-ish

Neither really stocks a full range of Pentax gear, but they do have some stuff. Maybe with all the buzz of the K3 they might stock it. Worth a phone call, at least.
11-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #12
Veteran Member

And if you buy from Adorama or B&H you can use the Pentaxforums code, right? No discount, but you get an upgraded account, if I remember right
11-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Chico
As others have mentioned, it would be wise to only buy directly from Amazon or through a reputable outfit if buying from Amazon. Some of the sellers on Amazon also deal Gray market cameras and others have a lot of negative reviews and dissatisfied customers. Some that sell a lot on there are Davis Max, Beach Camera, Big Value INC, and i've heard some pretty bad stories about all of them. I have never ordered from them myself so I can't speak to it from experience but I do know that Big Value Inc. deals with both U.S. models and import/gray market equipment.

You may also want to wait a few more weeks for Black Friday... There's a good chance somebody will offer a Black Friday deal on the K3. It may not be as good as some other deals but even if its $100 off that's worth waiting 3 weeks.
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Chico
You can't go wrong with any of the three companies. I agree, it's most secure to buy directly from Amazon as they will guarantee their sale. Third party vendors may not. I bought a 645N and lens from Adorama and had to return it. They treated me good and I was pleased with their service. I've purchased several items from B&H and always found them reputable with good service. I also had a return with Amazon and got outstanding service. So, you can't lose with the three! The K3 is worth purchasing and Black Friday may be the best date if you want to save a few dollars. Also, try to buy from a vendor that will give free shipping...that can be costly.
11-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #15

Original Poster
Yeah I am looking at more like towards the middle of December or early January myself. Just wanting to know what every ones opinion is about this. My wife is saying "soon honey soon" Oh man I'm so ready but being it is christmas coming up and the grand children get their presents before me I have to wait. I cant be like Johnny Knoxville in BAD GRANDPA and go crazy. I have to wait dammmmmmm