Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Did anyone mentioned FF!? 0.o

11-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax user Quote
I don't have a k3 yet but the box and the new hd coating lenses have a big ricoh then a small pentax logo. Makes me uncomfortable. I know it doens't affect the performance. I am sure konica minolta fan didn't the sony logo back then.

don't know should this thread in pentax k3 section or accessory section.
You should definitely mask the logo on the back. It will make your pictures a lot better.
11-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm fine with Ricoh, their name on the camera, even their choice of typeface and colours on the box. I can work with green-striped SMCs, red-striped HDs, even all-sliver coloured lenses. Takumar, Asahi, AOC, Honeywell, Hoya - I'm happy with all of my gear that sports those names. Pentacon, Helios, Mamiya-Sekor, Sigma, Tamron - more brands that work wonderfully on my camera.

Hi, my name is Craig and I am a Pentax shooter.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 11-07-2013 at 10:38 AM.
11-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
You should definitely mask the logo on the back. It will make your pictures a lot better.
But for the ultimate in feeling more comfortable, one should blow away all instances of "Ricoh" with a shotgun. What a relief that will be. Your camera and lenses will perform much better after that. Oh wait, they won't. Sorry.

I'm so happy that we have another thread on the "Ricoh" problem. We'll get this solved yet.

After waffled bunnies and breaded cats, we need some more inspiration here. Cmon, bring it on. At least we can continue the humor until we all have new Pentax gear.

11-07-2013, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Hi, my name is Craig and I am a Pentax shooter
(all) Hi, Craig.

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
After waffled bunnies and breaded cats, we need some more inspiration here. Cmon, bring it on. At least we can continue the humor until we all have new Pentax gear.
Actually, I was hoping to see the waffled bunny again. I think it gives the subject the gravitas it needs.

Seriously tho', the whole "Ricoh" problem is like a child refusing to accept the fact that their mother has remarried six years after their "real" father died. It's understandable in a child/parent situation, but for an adult/camera company relationship, it deserves waffled bunnies.
11-07-2013, 11:19 AM - 2 Likes   #36
ghl

Maybe try to think of Ricoh as an acronym for Really Interesting Cameras Over Here. Would that help?
11-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ghl Quote
Maybe try to think of Ricoh as an acronym for Really Interesting Cameras Over Here. Would that help?
Thread Winner. Nominated 2013 Forum Winner.

11-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
Did anyone mentioned FF!? 0.o
Nazis! We need to talk about Nazis!*

Steve

* Ultimate destination of all online discussions
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ghl Quote
Problem with that is that the letters are not all capitals... or are they
11-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Nazis! We need to talk about Nazis!*

Steve

* Ultimate destination of all online discussions
That will be political... and will get the thread locked...
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Everyone here seems so convinced that Ricoh will honor the Pentax brand and keep it alive. Based on what I have read on a couple these threads I have to say I am not sure why they would even bother. Most of you could care less if it says Pentax. It has even been said, and agreed to, that you could care less if the labeled it Mickey Mouse! This is the Pentax Forum. If anyone should care I would believe it would be you. Since you obviously don't, why should Ricoh even bother. They have their own photographic heritage to build off of.

Ahh well, no one really cares about that. Most of you seem more interested in a full frame Pentax, or Ricoh. Canon and Nikon have been doing this, and doing it very well, for years and years. Instead of accepting and enjoying the newest and most creative ideas that Pentax has recently had, the Pentax Q or the K-01, almost everyone pissed and moaned about them. They were the most original and interesting cameras that Pentax, or any camera company, has made in years, but since they weren't full frame they don't count. Instead we are pushing them to make another camera that we can all be disappointed with, because it won't be as good as what the other companies make. The reviewers will dutifully run it down and again, we will all be disappointed. But at least we can all piss and moan some more about how we are so disappointed.
11-07-2013, 02:02 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Pentax as anything but a brand name didn't exist till in 2002 Asahi Optical company took the name Pentax Corporation, So there is no 'history' for Pentax as a company.

Today 'Pentax' is back in its heritage the brand name of a proud camera producing company.
Shouldn't that read "Pentax as anything but a brand name didn't exist till in 2002....?

It certainly existed as a product line name by the look of my old cameras and lenses.

Am I concerned that the new cameras have Ricoh on the back? Not at all.
11-07-2013, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Actually, I was hoping to see the waffled bunny again. I think it gives the subject the gravitas it needs.
I see you one waffled bunny, and raise you a geriatric yawning cat.

11-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You'll laugh, you'll cry, You'll kiss your sanity goodby!!! RICOH WARS!!!
11-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Everyone here seems so convinced that Ricoh will honor the Pentax brand and keep it alive. Based on what I have read on a couple these threads I have to say I am not sure why they would even bother. Most of you could care less if it says Pentax. It has even been said, and agreed to, that you could care less if the labeled it Mickey Mouse! This is the Pentax Forum. If anyone should care I would believe it would be you. Since you obviously don't, why should Ricoh even bother. They have their own photographic heritage to build off of.
To channel the remarried parent: we love the Pentax family, and we always will. But Pentax the company died six years ago. Pentax the brand is married to Ricoh now, they are building a family together, and we are going to have to accept that sooner or later. Otherwise, we will just make ourselves miserable.

QuoteOriginally posted by NicoleC Quote
I see you one waffled bunny, and raise you a geriatric yawning cat.
Yay! Thank you!