Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I've never been in the camera industry, but once upon a time I worked for a retailer in corporate sales. We would get promised numbers and delivery dates for hot products that frequently showed up painfully late. Or we'd have 1000 that were supposed to come in... and we'd get 8. It makes for mad customers (except for the first 8 in line), and we were really at the mercy of the manufacturers who may or may not give us accurate information.

11-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I was just able to reach B&H. Have gotten confirmation from their buyer that all orders should be fulfilled
I got the backorder notice, too. That "should" doesn't instill much confidence. I'd feel much more confident with "will". This will be my first limited edition Pentax so I'm quite anxious about this whole situation.
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #18

Original Poster
Mamba: I just got my shipping confirmation from Adorama. Get B&H on the phone tomorrow, and assess your level of confidence that they'll have a camera for you. Then if you can get a retailer on the phone who says they have the camera in stock, order that puppy and don't look back. I was miffed enough that I cancelled the B&H order before receiving shipping from Adorama, but you don't have to do that.

We don't owe anything to any of the retailers. Just buy from whoever has it available.
11-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
I got the backorder notice, too. That "should" doesn't instill much confidence. I'd feel much more confident with "will". This will be my first limited edition Pentax so I'm quite anxious about this whole situation.
If adorama still has them, I would agree with hubcapboy and just go for it. Not worth the risk! B&H's customer service generally isn't going to be in contact with their buyers, so their answer will be generic. I'm confident that they'll fulfill all the orders, with that said...

Pentax K-3 Digital SLR Camera Body Premium Silver Edition 15563

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Heh, thanks for the reply, guys. I thought that I would give B&H the benefit of the doubt and wait for my order to ship, especially since they're throwing in a complimentary 32gb SanDisk Extreme SD Card. I tried to distract myself with other thoughts, but I ended up checking out Adorama to see if they had it in stock. They did. So, I ended up ordering one from them instead.
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Received mine from Adorama today. Glad I canceled the order with B&H. Sure I missed out on the free SD card, but at least I don't have to wait for an unknown amount of time. New K-3 looks great sitting next to my old silver K-5